Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Judge Dredd.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
"The Slime People."

Classic trash.

Gonna flip the disc over and watch "Creature" now...
Is creature made in like... 1997 or close? If so, I love that movie! I think the one i'm thinking of is based on a book maybe? I know it takes place on an island location, and it's water dwelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Hellraiser

Unhappy

sadley texas chainsaw massacer beggings it was better then the remake and number 2 for that matter but it just dident hold up to the first
Old 03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Evil Dead

The Roost
Don't think anyone posted about this on here. It gets a lot of trash on IMDb, but I think it's partially because people don't understand what the point of it was. The entire thing is done up to resemble one of those old "television movie marathons" aired on Halloween night. Complete with intro and outro segments by a host, television static, bleeped out "danger" words, and the indian "no signal" placeholder at the end.

Personally I really like the dust & dirt film effect. Where digital video is washed out and made to look like scratched up film, or an old photograph. It gives it a certain style. The black colours in this film were all grainy, and slightly tinted hues of green, blue and red. Ti West is a very talented director and I'm waiting to see what he does with Cabin Fever 2.

The cast in this film are lacking a certain quality to them, but that also adds to the overall effect. If you like nostalgic, cheesy movies and films that invoke memories of satying up late and catching horror movies on late-night tv when you were 12... see this. I'd say it was worth the watch. :)
Old 03-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Dripping of Brain Matter

Last seen in theatre - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginnings. I know I am in the minority but I liked the movie. I felt it filled in the holes from the remake very well and had a great performance from R.Lee Emry.

Last seen on dvd- Night of the Living Dead (90 Savini version) Again, I think I am in the minority with this as well. Though did not capture the magic of Romero's masterpiece, I felt it hit on the issues of the day at the time. Gore was not over done but had a good amount. It was close to being shot to shot with the original but had enough changes to make it feel like you were watching something different. Did not like the tempo of it as it felt rushed at points but as a zombie fan, it is a must have.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordrid View Post
Last seen in theatre - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginnings. I know I am in the minority but I liked the movie. I felt it filled in the holes from the remake very well and had a great performance from R.Lee Emry.

Last seen on dvd- Night of the Living Dead (90 Savini version) Again, I think I am in the minority with this as well. Though did not capture the magic of Romero's masterpiece, I felt it hit on the issues of the day at the time. Gore was not over done but had a good amount. It was close to being shot to shot with the original but had enough changes to make it feel like you were watching something different. Did not like the tempo of it as it felt rushed at points but as a zombie fan, it is a must have.
o am a die hard romaro fan and yes the remake us not as great as the orginal but i think romaro was smart to let savini do it respect it more then like it
Old 03-04-2007, 04:19 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
A friend of mine lent me Scent of a Woman today...might start watching it tonight, pretty excited.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
A friend of mine lent me Scent of a Woman today...might start watching it tonight, pretty excited.
What's it about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-04-2007, 05:01 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
What's it about?
Plot summary lifted from IMDB:

Frank is a retired Lt Col in the US army. He's blind and impossible to get along with. Charlie is at school and is looking forward to going to university; to help pay for a trip home for Christmas, he agrees to look after Frank over thanksgiving. Frank's niece says this will be easy money, but she didn't reckon on Frank spending his thanksgiving in New York.

Ok, so that doesnt make it sound so hot, but Al Pacino won his Oscar for it. I watched some of it on TV awhile back and was really impressed, so Ive been wanting to see it ever since.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Evil Dead

The Darkroom
Wow... pleasantly surprised. The opening is a little rough, but once you get into things, it gets quite interesting. Held my attention throughout, even if the twists were very, very obvious. The final scene did catch me by surprise though, which is good. I like Shawn Pyfrom as an actor, he does a decent job. Nothing outstanding, but he gives off a good vibe. I'd like to see him in other projects then Desperate Housewives.