Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Evil Dead

What true story horrified you the most?

Not talking about some movie depiction, I am talking about confirmed events, so no rumors or conspiracy theories either. What prompts this? Here is a doozy to start off your day. I know there is worse out there, but its hard to imagine what as you read the story. Some of the stories that have come out in Syria in the last couple years have been pretty stunning, but there isn't one hundred percent proof of those.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Evil Dead

Here is a story that is fucking horrible. Don't click that if you feel like enjoying the rest of the day.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Evil Dead

Ouch to the last one!!

I know it's one of the "famous" real life horror stories, but I have always been extremely creeped out by the story of Albert Fish. I think it's that gruesome letter that he wrote to the parents of his last victim... seriously, on top of everything else he did, he had to write such a messed up letter too... he was pure evil!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandarian Demon View Post
Ouch to the last one!!

I know it's one of the "famous" real life horror stories, but I have always been extremely creeped out by the story of Albert Fish. I think it's that gruesome letter that he wrote to the parents of his last victim... seriously, on top of everything else he did, he had to write such a messed up letter too... he was pure evil!

sounds freaky. ill have to read more into it. never heard. Yeah stories like that, moor murders, texas chainsaw etc
Old 11-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

A little off the beaten path, but a very chilling story....

http://jezebel.com/one-womans-danger...-on-1469240835

Old 12-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Evil Dead

Ian Brady and Myra Hindley aka The Moors Murderers who abducted, assaulted and killed at least four children between 1963 and 64 and were finally caught when Hindley's brother-in-law saw Brady killing 17 year-old Edward Evans.

Sadly not the most disturbing story I know but one of the first I ever read when young and which set me off on a life-long fascination with such people.

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/...d_Myra_Hindley
Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Evil Dead

crap nevermind, wrong post

Last edited by shadyJ; 12-11-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:17 PM
From The Beyond

The true story that Justin Bieber has fans.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Evil Dead

Probably when John Wayne Gacy was caught right before Christmas of 1978 in a Chicago suburb and reading about his horrific exploits. He lived about a half hour car ride from where I lived . I had just turned 17 and was looking for work; in my morbid sense of humor, told people with my baby face and soft skin, he would have been in pig heaven. They waited too long to give him the needle as far as I'm concerned.
Also worth mentioning was living south of Baltimore MD when the Beltway Snipers were doing their cowardly thing in October 2002....everyone was on edge as those assholes were so random.
Always interested in true crime and after reading about Bundy, Fish, Brady/Hindley. The Wests, etc, it's time to bring back Capital punishment everywhere!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Evil Dead

You'll recall that Gacy was put to death in 94. I don't think capital punishment bothers a serial killer very much. I don't think it deters them, and I would guess it doesn't bother them to die as much as normal people either. For the amount of suffering that these killers have caused, there can be no real justice meted out. I guess that is a part of what makes these guys scary, there is no way to balance the books for what they have done. I am not even arguing against capital punishment, I am just saying it is inadequate as a means of justice.

Btw, I had a friend who grew up on Gacy's street in Chicago during the height of his killing spree. He actually played on his driveway while Gacy was an active killer, lol.