Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Evil Dead

Real story horror films

I thought it might be interesting to talk about horror films based on true stories, but not just that. I'm wondering what stories you found closest to the real thing and/or you believe to be very real. Regardless if the film is good or not.

There's a lot out there, but I can't think of one at the moment. I'd like to hear what you guys think. I mean there's The Mothman Prophecies, Blair Witch, The Conjuring, etc., but none of them brought me close to believing.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:10 PM

I know I can think of a few others but the first one that came to mind was "Fairytale: A True Story". This film was based on the Cottingley fairies photographed by two little girls in 1917. I so wanted to believe in them. I think I read somewhere that recently a professor in England photographed something that appeared quite "fairy-like". I'll try and find it again.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
I know I can think of a few others but the first one that came to mind was "Fairytale: A True Story". This film was based on the Cottingley fairies photographed by two little girls in 1917. I so wanted to believe in them. I think I read somewhere that recently a professor in England photographed something that appeared quite "fairy-like". I'll try and find it again.
I remember the film. It was good, but I believe the pictures were conclusively proven to be fakes?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I remember the film. It was good, but I believe the pictures were conclusively proven to be fakes?
Yes the 2 little girls (cousins, I think) later admitted years after that they were fakes, but one of them maintained that photograph #5 was not faked.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Evil Dead

The Entity is one that brings me close to believing something besides psychosis occurred. From my reading it seems the family never tried to capitalize on it, it wasn't faked, etc. Or that one of the children still claims its real. Worth reading about if you're interested.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Evil Dead

I actually thought The Last Broadcast was real because I hadn't heard anything about it before I watched it.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Horror Fan

Blair Witch comes to mind: I think that story is very real.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:35 PM

Well there was Amityville but while I know murders took place in the house, I think the Lutz family were just trying to get out of a mortgage.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Well there was Amityville but while I know murders took place in the house, I think the Lutz family were just trying to get out of a mortgage.
Wow, Boofer. Did not expect that cynicism from you. Amityville happened.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Evil Dead

I don't believe in the supernatural.

Let me expand on my previous comment: I don't think the Jersey Devil is real; I meant that I thought the missing persons case was real.