Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Blair Witch comes to mind: I think that story is very real.
The Bell Witch, the basis for that film's mythology, is a somewhat documented case. But not a lot of corroboration, particularly outside of the community. Some good horror books based on it though.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Wow, Boofer. Did not expect that cynicism from you. Amityville happened.

It happened, but not supernatural. Just some regular family homicides.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:40 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
It happened, but not supernatural. Just some regular family homicides.
Ronnie Dafeo still says that he heard voices and things, but he was pretty forth coming about just killing everyone. I saw a decent interview recently with him. Pretty crazy SOB.

I would Cropsy is a good one. He got a couple films I think. It was a huge urban legend until people figured out it was legit and caught him.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 05-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Well there was Amityville but while I know murders took place in the house, I think the Lutz family were just trying to get out of a mortgage.
I did some research regarding Amityville, it's kind of inconclusive of what really happened. It's even more odd that nothing has happened since then at that house. The people who live there now say that nothing has ever happened since they moved in. My guess; someone had deep psychological problems and went on a family killing spree one day. We have all heard similar stories before........

Old 05-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I did some research regarding Amityville, it's kind of inconclusive of what really happened. It's even more odd that nothing has happened since then at that house. The people who live there now say that nothing has ever happened since they moved in. My guess; someone had deep psychological problems and went on a family killing spree one day. We have all heard similar stories before........
This ellipsis seems important. Where did you bury the bodies tfantasy?

Old 05-04-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Lol, mind you, I had to look up the word "ellipsis" first. Yeah, I seem to remember t complaining about having a "really bad" day last week...
Old 05-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well, I did learn A LOT from Dexter

Old 05-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned "The Girl Next Door." It's about this girl and her siblings that get left in the care of a neighbor who ends up torturing the girl. I'm also trying to be very vague as to not spoil anything because it seems like none of you have seen it.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycom5k View Post
I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned "The Girl Next Door." It's about this girl and her siblings that get left in the care of a neighbor who ends up torturing the girl. I'm also trying to be very vague as to not spoil anything because it seems like none of you have seen it.
I haven't seen it, but a favorite band of mine did a song about it.

This post was meant to find stories about supernatural stuff, not specifically humans acting like monsters. Not that I think you shouldn't post about it, just probably why is was not mentioned. : )

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 05-14-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:47 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycom5k View Post
Yes, I seen it. It was horrible what happened to the girl.