Old 01-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Evil Dead

creepy, gory and good plot.....great movie
your dependence on hardware really amuses me, Bough. ive been dropped into the kalahari desert with no more than a toothbrush and a packet of sherman lemons, and i still made it to bulawayo before ramadan.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Post-Moderation

yeah this movie is pretty fucking good. I had to buy it when i saw it for 10$ somewhere.

For an extra treat try watching those super fast subliminal torture scenes in 1/16 or 1/32 speed on dvd. You get to see everything, pretty crazy.

Quote:
Event Horizon is one of my favorite films of all time. personally i think it was one of the last good sci-fi movies to come out in theatre, along with gattica, screamers, 13th floor, etc. although it was significantly dark than the afformentioned movies. Fuck yeah, a directors cut would be awesome.
Gattaca FUCKING OWNS! got it for xmas. I think im gonna be the only one saying this but im not sure if i want the directors cut (i really dont want to buy it again:( )
Old 01-10-2004, 12:46 PM
bangwell

Yes no2 im my most disturbing horror movies, no1 is "in the mouth of madness" also starring sam (awesome movie")
Old 01-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Event Horizon is the only movie where I have left the theater with an adrenaline rush. Loved it.

Gattaca is one of the greatest scifi films ever made. I enjoyed the 13th Floor as well, but that movie gets NO respect.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Chop! Chop!

Event Horizon

Have any of you horror fans out there seen this flick? I want to know your thoughts. Me personally, I think it is one of the scariest movies i have seen and my favorite space horror( next comes Jason X and Hellraiser: Bloodline)
Old 02-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Evil Dead

It's pretty good. The ending disappointed me a little, but I really liked the premise, and it had some pretty cool, creepy imagery.

It's got nothin' on "space horror" compared to Alien and Aliens though. :-)
Old 02-05-2004, 01:57 AM
Evil Dead

It was fun, but the tagline should've been Hellraiser in Space.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:51 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Well, I saw it once at the cinema and hated it! I think I was a tad pissed that it was ripped off from so many other movies that I loved! Other than that it had a nice atmosphere and cinematography and well acted but I was disappointed. Might be interesting to see it again and see if my opinion changes.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:56 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
yeah

i remember post about this like 4 months ago. but anyways fuck yeah i loved event horizon. great flick.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
How many times do I have to say this: "Jason X was NOT a horror movie!"

It is an abmination unto the lords of Horror (a nod to Avenger)...

I found no part of that movie to be "terrifying" or "horrifying"... However, it did make me want to use the bathroom... Profusely... Again and again and again...

It should be removed from the list and replaced by an adequate Friday the Thirteenth Sequel...

Cracka Please...

*FADE OUT*