Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

I waited on Lloyd Kaufman last night

Last night round 6 oclock when im starting to get a bunch of tables a couple walks in and sits down at a booth. I usually tell them to get up and move to a smaller table but for some reason i dont. As im taking his order i thought it was him but chalked it up to just another loony wasting time at my convenience, that is til is til i look at a pin that on his jacket. It was a small little TROMA pin that almost looks like he was a part of Watchmen. Immidiatly i realize that it is Lloyd Kaufman, President of TROMA entertainment who put out movies like Mothers Day, The Toxic Avenger and thier sequals Cannibal, the Musical etc. Wow what a cool dude! A little out there but very cool and appreciative to other horror fans. After a small conversation he tells me they were doing small convention at a local bar in Asbury Park which included a screening of Human Centepide. My saturday night closing shift just got turned into me leaving ASAP! He complimented my tattoos, gave me his card and told me to stop by there after work and if ever in the area to stop by the TROMA building. He also added if making a movie to call him! Didnt get there in time to see Centepide but the rest of the night was awesome! My typical slow boring saturday night turned into one of the more memorible nights in recent memory!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:05 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Very, very cool!

Have you read his book, "Make Your Own Damn Movie"? If not, you should. Great stuff.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

I didn't know he made that one til i looked it up later that night. He did talk about Toxic Avenger: the novel. He said that it was a very very fun book to make and he was very happy to make it. Also talked about TA remake. He said they contacted him but are probably gonna make it without him.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
For Vendetta

That's a really fantastic experience, FM. Should have got his autograph on a Toxie DVD or poster, if you had one nearby.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
He blurbed a friend of mine's book and gave the press I'm working with on my next one a really big shout out at a con last year. I've heard nothing but how nice that guy is.