Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - in theaters

My dad would always tell me stories of how the Rocky Horror Picture Show would play every once and a while in a theater where he used to live. he said that poeple would dress up in all sorts of costumes and just get real rowdy during the showings. This always sounded real awesome to me. The other day i was walking by a theater n Wellington and saw a sign for it. The sign encouraged people to dress up and so on, I bought tickets and am going to see it next week, i am pretty stoked considering I've never seen the film before, actually.
Has anyone heard of/been to one of these outings before?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Cranky

Hell yes, many times. There's a theatre here in Portland that holds the world record for longest continual run of RHPS- every weekend for over 25 years. They put on a grand show- pre-show entertainment, initiation of "virgins" (first timers) and a full cast that re-enacts the entire show as the movie's playing. It's the most amazing experience.

Stay out of the first several rows, virgin.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Evil Dead

haha! that sounds like a blast, guess i might have to get initiated. what happens in the first few rows? Its a huge theater that's showing it, hundreds of seats, but all almost all were taken so i got one in the back corner.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Cranky

You know it's a MUSICAL, right? I believe I've seen you say you can't stand musicals.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:55 PM
HDC Idol

The Church Street Theater does it every Saturday night at midnight in Harvard Square (that's in Cambridge, MA, for those of you outside of Massachusetts)...

I went one night a few years back. It was fun! Not a lot of people dressed up, but a lot of people brought the props. Of course the actors were out in the theater prior to the show, trying to make the audience feel as uncomfortable as possible (I didn't admit that I was a RHPS "virgin" so as to avoid having to be dragged to the front and "di-virginized")...

The guy who was playing Dr. Frankenfurter DID hit on me before the show (and by "hit on me" I really mean, "Just came up and made out with me"). Prior to the movie, the cast was wandering around the lit theater handing out candy and, well, what better way to hand out candy but, uhm, with your mouth, and then come in for a second taste ;) ... - It was ridiculously sexy (though my friend promptly called me a "whore" immediately afterward, which was nice). During the performance (I believe it was toward the end - all of the actors were lined in in the aisle and lip-syncing), he stared at me intensely. Unfortunately I was dragged out before I could get a chance to see what was under his fishnets... :rolleyes:

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
You know it's a MUSICAL, right? I believe I've seen you say you can't stand musicals.
For the most part I cant, however I've only seen very few, and this doesn't look to be the "mama mia" type musical. I enjoyed Cannibal the Musical a good deal.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:03 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
For the most part I cant, however I've only seen very few, and this doesn't look to be the "mama mia" type musical. I enjoyed Cannibal the Musical a good deal.
Oh, wait, so you've actually never seen RHPS at all?? :eek:

So you're a TRUE RHPS virgin. ;)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Cranky

Yes, and I advise watching the dvd after you've been to the show- because you won't be able to follow the movie at all. Don't get mad about it- just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Scares Little Kids

Isn't the Rocky horror picture show a bunch of guys dressed as girls prancing around in dresses.....I don't know I haven't seen the show so I just go by what I hear.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Cranky

Seriously- get your hearing checked.