Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Evil Dead

When I start to feel sick, I walk away, and piss in the sink.
That's all.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Nice Dr. X quote, Manchester.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Nice Dr. X quote, Manchester.
Lol thanks. Its just such a great line in the film.:)
Old 12-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Evil Dead

It's not horror, but I can't stand movies like Ali Zoua - Prince of the Streets.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
1] We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.

2] Nothing.
The sad thing is that there are people out there who would give these answers seriously. I think that the experience of encountering some of these folks in psychiatric hospitals and prisons has changed the way I look at this. Somehow it doesn't quite seem as funny when it is sitting in a cell in front of you.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
funny, but since having a kid I still haven't changed my screenwriting mantra of "kill the dog, kill the kid" on evertything I write. I find myself searching my deepest fears about child-rearing and forcing those to the surface in the most absurdly crude manner possible.

Very theraputic
Funny, people HATE watching movies with me because if there is a dog or a kid that iseems a little out of place, I KNOW someone is going to kill/maim/otherwise harm it to make them the bad guy. This why i cant watch sitcoms, it is rare that i cant figure out the outcome before it happens, and it takes all of the fun out of them for me.

on the subject of the thread, i like some gore. I had really hoped Hostel would be more graphic, but i think it killed the subject for me entirely. I'm not really into the torture thing, i was interested in seeing Hostel because of the hype, then it turned out to be 90 minutes of tits and really flat, not terribly impressive torture (I checked out completely when the asian girl's eye spooged puss), and some minimally satisfying revenge. I gave the subgenre its chance, wasnt impressed, and I'm done with it.

Cannibal Holocost and movies like that arent even remotely interesteing to me, I didnt care for Hellraiser or any of its ilk (I like the Cenobites, good creatures, but good creatures dont make a good movie)... Most "Gory" movies are flacid, boring poorly scripted and acted vehicles to get some special effects on the screen and i donbt like them.

I prefer there to be more of a point. Alien and Aliens have some terrific gore (and alien 3, the dog scene is just brutal), but the movies are themselves good, and the gore is essential to the plot. Yes, I'm a horror snob, but I'm a beer snob too, so at least im consistent.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Didnt even like the first Hellraiser, Vod? I thought it was pretty decetly acted/scripted
Old 12-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok View Post
i make no bones about it - i like my violence cartoonish.
I'm not saying the other stuff shouldnt exist - but i do wonder why people would like it.

(i know - you arent supposed to like it)

so for me - the threshold is probably shorter than for most.
and the older i get the shorter it gets .. there just isnt any place in my world for it. i cant even watch the fucking news.

i know that the well travelled viewer likes seeing conventions get kicked in the teeth - i do to a point. to a point.

its just this simple - since having a child - i cant bear to see harm come to children - it hits me at home where i live.

not going to make any excuses for it - i just cant deal with it.

i dont think i need to poke around in the dark recesses of the mind .. the reptillian part where some curiosity needs to be sated .. i know from experience that certain images will haunt me for ever ..i dont want that.

the closest analogy i can come up with is that i've held my hand near a burning hot stove element. I've felt the heat ... and from that i've determined that i dont need the experience of actually grabbing onto it - burning the shit out of my hand in the process and permanently scarring myself - to know its probably not the right thing for me to do. i'm not going to like the sensation.

Another topic where I only have to quote urge.

creepy

cept for the DISCO thing .......I will never get that.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
cept for the DISCO thing .......I will never get that.
i'm working on it brother :D
Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

One way to help you accept disco as part of your life is to watch the cartoon video "Disco Sauna"featuring animated Village People squirrels.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/5958/

Friend....gooooood!