Old 02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
HDC Idol

!@#$% microsoft

FIRST I turned my 360 from HORIZONTAL to VERTICAL because it was overheating... Now fiddling with the internet cord (because it wasn't connecting to XBox Live), the Xbox tipped over COMPLETELY TOTALLING MY BRAND NEW COPY OF BIOSHOCK 2. :madmadmad:

*VENTING*

I don't usually use this place to vent, but I'm pretty pissed. Sure, I was clumsy, but tipping the damn thing over completely totals the disk inside? Really? REALLY?!

And I just got Bioshock 2. From my wonderful boyfriend. For Valentine's Day/my Birthday. !@#$% MICROSOFT.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Cranky

That sucks!

See if he still has the resiept- maybe there's some chance you can exchange it.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-19-2010, 04:53 PM
HDC Idol

Unfortunately Microsoft and game distribution companies leave the accountability in the lap of the User. I knocked the Xbox over, therefore it's my responsibility.

I can see that to an extent. If I had knocked the XBox over onto a tile floor and it shattered into pieces, that's DEFINITELY my responsibility.

What bothers me is that it's just faulty hardware; you can actually scratch your Xbox discs by leaving them in the device and just simply moving it from one surface to another (I just did a few googling after Bioshock 2 wouldn't play and read the User complaints); you don't have to knock the thing over to scratch the disc. It's a "known issue" too: Apparently the XBox comes with a warning on the disc slot, "Don't move your console while there is a game inside," but I just ripped through it when setting it up. No one reads that stuff, but it's so that Microsoft can cover their own ass. That's poorly-done hardware.

Even WORSE, it's not like I'm going to stop using my XBox any time soon - I know that realistically; it's my "preferred" cosole system; all of my friends are on XBox live, so Microsoft has officially cornered my business. It's just ridiculously frustrating.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Midnight toker

Take comfort in knowing you are not alone on this one. I always keep my 360 vertical and have had the same thing happen. With any luck you aren't as clumsy or dumb as me though and will only make the mistake once. So far I've destroyed one copy of Gears of War 2 and my copy of Fight Night 4 is near unplayable after I kicked the table my 360 was on (I got a little carried away while dishing out a beating). Slight wobbling was enough to dislodge the CD, it didn't even fall that time. The CD housing is useless and should be idiot proof but is far from it...

Anyway, just though I'd let you know you've got another game to destroy before you graduate to the next level of stupidity, but congratulations on taking your first step.:p

Gears of War 2 got killed within 10 minuites of owning it too if that help ease the pain. :)

PS: Should I buy Bioshock 2? You can ignore that question if its still too hard to talk about.:)
Old 02-19-2010, 05:29 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Take comfort in knowing you are not alone on this one. I always keep my 360 vertical and have had the same thing happen. With any luck you aren't as clumsy or dumb as me though and will only make the mistake once. So far I've destroyed one copy of Gears of War 2 and my copy of Fight Night 4 is near unplayable after I kicked the table my 360 was on (I got a little carried away while dishing out a beating). Slight wobbling was enough to dislodge the CD, it didn't even fall that time. The CD housing is useless and should be idiot proof but is far from it...

Anyway, just though I'd let you know you've got another game to destroy before you graduate to the next level of stupidity, but congratulations on taking your first step.:p

Gears of War 2 got killed within 10 minuites of owning it too if that help ease the pain. :)

PS: Should I buy Bioshock 2? You can ignore that question if its still too hard to talk about.:)

I always keep mine laying down.Don't want to take the risk of messing any games up.

And yes Straker you should buy Bioshock 2.Amazing game.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:39 PM
The Spine Splitter

Send a message via AIM to Doctor Loomis Send a message via MSN to Doctor Loomis Send a message via Yahoo to Doctor Loomis
that really sucks :(

but for future reference, keep it horizontal. and if you can, place it on a wood surface where there is really good ventillation so it doesnt overheat quick. also, dust the wood its on every now and again so the xbox doesnt suck it up
Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 PM
For Vendetta

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...t=42936&page=2

First post. Remember that thread?

Take comfort in thinking you ripped a valentine heart into pieces. Poor bf...
Old 02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

DAMN.....that really sucks

:mad:
Old 02-19-2010, 08:36 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post

Man - Sorry about your two games... It DOES make me feel better knowing that there are clumsier XBox players out there. ;)

Thanks for the shared vent - It just boggles my mind that the hardware would be so faulty. Some people say that the Red Rings of Doom are inevitable... Not psyched for when THAT comes.

I actually found this while angrily Googling around:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...ementPlan.aspx

I'm not sure if it's still valid, but apparently Microsoft will replace some of the discs for a fee, but only if they were published by Microsoft... Gears of War might be covered if you still have the disc and need it replaced...

And, yes, you SHOULD buy Bioshock 2. I didn't have a chance to get into the multi-player part, but the graphics are absolutely gorgeous - You are transplanted right back into rapture - with a few cool new weapons to boot. Before buying the game, I wasn't sure whether or not I'd dig being a Big Daddy, but I don't mind it; it's an interesting "take" on the game... Though I don't see why we couldn't just be another human... Oh, well. I didn't get very far (only just rescued my first Little Sister), but I was psyched to dive right back in again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...t=42936&page=2

First post. Remember that thread?

Take comfort in thinking you ripped a valentine heart into pieces. Poor bf...
Ahhh, yes... I was thinking about that thread as I started this one. The overheating was the whole reason why I turned it vertical... Guess I'll turn it horizontal again and get pads to elevate it so that it doesn't over-heat (I'll have to rearrange some stuff, so THAT should be fun...).

Thanks, Guys.

I feel REALLY bad about ruining the Valentine's Day gift. I really do. :( I ordered another copy tonight. Should be arriving in the mail in another couple of days. Sigh.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Man - Sorry about your two games... It DOES make me feel better knowing that there are clumsier XBox players out there. ;)

Thanks for the shared vent - It just boggles my mind that the hardware would be so faulty. Some people say that the Red Rings of Doom are inevitable... Not psyched for when THAT comes.

I actually found this while angrily Googling around:

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/u...ementPlan.aspx

I'm not sure if it's still valid, but apparently Microsoft will replace some of the discs for a fee, but only if they were published by Microsoft... Gears of War might be covered if you still have the disc and need it replaced...

And, yes, you SHOULD buy Bioshock 2. I didn't have a chance to get into the multi-player part, but the graphics are absolutely gorgeous - You are transplanted right back into rapture - with a few cool new weapons to boot. Before buying the game, I wasn't sure whether or not I'd dig being a Big Daddy, but I don't mind it; it's an interesting "take" on the game... Though I don't see why we couldn't just be another human... Oh, well. I didn't get very far (only just rescued my first Little Sister), but I was psyched to dive right back in again tonight.

Ahhh, yes... I was thinking about that thread as I started this one. The overheating was the whole reason why I turned it vertical... Guess I'll turn it horizontal again and get pads to elevate it so that it doesn't over-heat (I'll have to rearrange some stuff, so THAT should be fun...).

Thanks, Guys.

I feel REALLY bad about ruining the Valentine's Day gift. I really do. :( I ordered another copy tonight. Should be arriving in the mail in another couple of days. Sigh.
Thanks for the link, I played frisbee with my old copy of Gears of War 2 long ago though. Thanks to both you and Freak for the Bioshock 2 recommendation, I'll pick up a copy in the next few weeks. Glad to see you got another copy on the way too and are considering counter-measures to avoid it happening again. Still got my 360 vertical... livin' on the edge. :eek: