Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Supermario RPG, legend of the seven stars rocks. Actually, all the mario games for snes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 PM
That fucking Guy...

Never played mario rpg, or mario is missing...
Super mario world was a bad motherfucker though...loved it...one day I'll actually have to play it properly, I've only really hammered into it for about an hour at the longest on emulator.

Yeah, 16bit...it was a fucking excellent era in gaming, if not the best, nintendo and sega doing all they could to outdo eachother, quality games on both systems.

...I also liked sunsetriders, that there was a kickass 2p game.

Ecco the dolphin was a stunning game, great soundtrack, innovative play, and really nice graphics....maybe a tad hard, but overall worth playing through. Never played any of the post 16-bit sequels.

Aladdin, columns, Indiana Jones Last Crusade (good but difficult)
Jurassic park #1 on the genesis was good, and an equally good, but completely different version on snes. There was also a 2player sequal on snes that was GREAT, you saw it from above...you could get into cars and stuff, it was like the first one on snes, but graphically more advanced, and generally better.
LANDSTALKER! cool game.
x-men 2 was also very good...great on 2player. I thought the first one sucked, but yeah, the second one that started in the snow level was brilliantly done.

- B
Old 05-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

Gotta agree with" Flashback". Its been a while but i just may hook up the old system and give this one another run.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:40 PM
That fucking Guy...

I'd like to do that...but, having no original system, I think I'm gonna wait for the next nintendo console to come out, and play it then. Sure, I've got it on multiple emulators, but...not quite the same.
Man, if I get that nintendo, I'm not gonna be playing a whole lot of NEW games...
Old 05-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I'd like to do that...but, having no original system, I think I'm gonna wait for the next nintendo console to come out, and play it then. Sure, I've got it on multiple emulators, but...not quite the same.
Man, if I get that nintendo, I'm not gonna be playing a whole lot of NEW games...
Same here man. That's the sole reason I'm supporting the new Nintendo console over any other. Even though the controller is kinda screwy, I can live with it for the chance to play all those old classics. I just hope that Nintendo gets a deal with Square-Enix.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:27 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
Same here man. That's the sole reason I'm supporting the new Nintendo console over any other. Even though the controller is kinda screwy, I can live with it for the chance to play all those old classics. I just hope that Nintendo gets a deal with Square-Enix.
Any word on how many games the Revolution will be able to store? Im really excited about it as well.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Banned

anyone see the Futurama show where everyone got to see their 'alternate realities' ?

one show had Fry battling the old game aliens from Space Invaders and there were all kinds of these 16 bit characters around ..

funny stuff ..
Old 05-16-2006, 07:36 AM
That fucking Guy...

I think they were more 8-bit characters, but yeah...it was funny...loved how fry played off the videogames as a "new" concept to him...

Thinking of the ol' 16-bit...I think I've mentioned all but one of my favourites but one...I'll get to that in a moment...but, how about the Disney games?
Honestly, I think disney (to a lesser extent WB - They get props for the cool tiny toons game) had their best games ever during the 16-bit era.
Aladdin, the Lion King, the continuation of the "illusion" series (2player world of illusion was GREAT), Mickey Mania...those are just what comes mind at the moment (can you guys think of more), but probably the last one of my all-time favourite games that I can recall from the 16BE would have to be "Quack-shot", the other day, it just occured to me, and I started thinking about how excellently well done this game was, music, rpg elements, combat, difficulty level, fun, and depth. Fun back then, still fun on emulator. Anyone played it?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Banned

so i take it nintendo 64 - are 64 bit games ?

i dont know whats what when it comes to gaming, old or new ..
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 AM
That fucking Guy...

I might miss a few, but...

nintendo nes, atari, sega master system, gamegear, turbo grafx 16 (yes, it was 8-bit) = 8-bit.

SNES, Sega megadrive = 16bit

sega add-on for megadrive "32x" sega saturn (I think), ps1, = 32bit

nintendo 64 = 64 bit

I think dreamcast, ps2, gamecube and xbox are 128-bit

Not sure on : gameboy, gameboy colour, psp, gamegear, wonderswan.

But yeah, on the n64.

I remember that snes had a lot more rpgs...earthbound was of course fun, but I remember a really cool one called "secret of the stars" or something like that...Illusion of time/gaia was also cool, breathe of fire, and one I can't recall the name of, where at the beggining you're a student of some kind of magic school and venture up into a tower you're not supposed to, a dragon appears, and when you go back down the tower, everything's wrecked? I'd like to play that again someday.
Not that the genesis didn't have quality rpg titles (It doesn't get much better than the first shining force or soleil), just, snes seemed to have far more.
Oldschool rpgs, yeah...the shit...too bad no new ones really do it the same way (with the exception of a few titles "eg - golden sun" on the gba that seem to have been smart rnough to stick with the classic style), ah, I miss 'em. As pretty as the modern rpg can be, something is lacking...