Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies

Old 11-19-2004, 08:45 AM
The horror of the minds

One I personally didn't like the remake of was The Huanting. The oringal black and white versions was scray, the newier one, is okay. The only diffence I like about it was, the in depth reasons the main charter was chosen.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Evil Dead

i would like to see a creature from the black lagoon remake.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:23 PM
New leaf

Just saw the Dawn of the Dead remake, Director's cut. I thought it was a damn good movie. The extra bonus features like Andy's
Diary were pretty cool. This one I will purchase for keeps.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:16 PM
The horror of the minds

Quote:
Originally posted by yourlastmistake
Just saw the Dawn of the Dead remake, Director's cut. I thought it was a damn good movie. The extra bonus features like Andy's
Diary were pretty cool. This one I will purchase for keeps.
I liked the extras were prety good. I want to see the old version of the movie.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Dawn of the Dead the remake is utter garbage. It's an action movie. Instead of 'remaking' these films, I often wonder why studios don't just re-release the original. They would spend less, and make just as much if not more profit. And movie geeks like me wouldn't be revolted by the seemingly endless supply of remakes in the pipeline because of lack of originality. It's a win- win situation.

No more remakes of good movies. I agree with the post above...remake bad movies.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOmen
Dawn of the Dead the remake is utter garbage. It's an action movie. Instead of 'remaking' these films, I often wonder why studios don't just re-release the original. They would spend less, and make just as much if not more profit. And movie geeks like me wouldn't be revolted by the seemingly endless supply of remakes in the pipeline because of lack of originality. It's a win- win situation.

No more remakes of good movies. I agree with the post above...remake bad movies.
Utter garbage ? i whole-heartedly disagree with that.
I'm a guge fan of the origional, have been for mant mant years.
I though the remake was a great film. Great characters, realistic scenarios...

Both were survival films .. both had the same 'adventure' elements.

This movie was made by someone who loved the origional movie .. not just by someone who was given a horror remake as part of a contract.
You can tell the film was made by a fan of the genre.

The only thing i didnt like was the old lady in the wheelbarrow ... i thought hat was an extremely poor creative decision.
But the rest of the movie was great.

It covered the most important thing that many horror movies take for granted .. the thing that made the origional Dawn a hit as well : characters you care for.

I thought the characters in the remake were well drawn out.
One or 2 cliches but even a coupl eof those acted in unexpected ways ...
It wasnt a remake per say .. it was another zombie movie in a mall with a different direction.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:26 PM
The horror of the minds

I just watched the fiffty version of the Blob, It was really craply done, however I haven't seen the 1980's version yet so I can't really comapre them yet. But One day I hope I can can compare them to each other.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I am not against remakes at all heck the 1931 Dracula and 1931 Frankenstien movies are 2 very famous remakes yet some fans think they are the originals. Frankenstien was 1st made in 1910 by Thomas Edison then it was made a 2nd time in 1915 then a 3rd time in 1931 by Universal. Dracula was 1st made in Russia 1920 then in Hungry 1921 then in America 1931. Dracula was almost remade in Germany in 1922 but there was a Lawsuit so the movie became Nosferatu instead of Dracula. Now there is this one gripe I have about the 1954 Godzilla movie it has never been remade Never ever. Toho studios wont allow the movie to be remade. The reason some think it was remade was because Tristar Leased the name Godzilla from Toho. They did not buy the rights to Godzilla they just leased the name to title their movie thus fooling the public into thinking they were going to see a movie about Godzilla. Anyone with a brain knows Godzilla has an atomic ray the Tristar 98 monster did not have one and the Tristar monster was an Igunanasarus not godzilla if you watch the 98 movie even Mathew Brodrick says its an Ignanasarus. In anycase I think some remakes are pretty darn good and some arnt. Right now I am worried that Peter Jacksons remake of KingKong wont be what Kong fans expect I would like to see a movie with a 50 tall Gorilla as I understand it Jacksons Kong will be a very short 25 ft ape. Yikes sounds more like KidKong than KingKong.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:30 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
Utter garbage ? i whole-heartedly disagree with that.
I'm a guge fan of the origional, have been for mant mant years.
I though the remake was a great film. Great characters, realistic scenarios...

Both were survival films .. both had the same 'adventure' elements.

This movie was made by someone who loved the origional movie .. not just by someone who was given a horror remake as part of a contract.
You can tell the film was made by a fan of the genre.

The only thing i didnt like was the old lady in the wheelbarrow ... i thought hat was an extremely poor creative decision.
But the rest of the movie was great.

It covered the most important thing that many horror movies take for granted .. the thing that made the origional Dawn a hit as well : characters you care for.

I thought the characters in the remake were well drawn out.
One or 2 cliches but even a coupl eof those acted in unexpected ways ...
It wasnt a remake per say .. it was another zombie movie in a mall with a different direction.
totally agree i think the Dawn remake was really good and done by someone who cared about making a good horror movie unlike others who just say ''ok it's a horror movie just kill some people and show some tits'' you can tell he wanted to,tried to and did make a great film.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Evil Dead

they should make some more evil deads ...... or make that freddy vs jason vs ash thing