Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Banned

My Bloody Valentine in 3D. I couldn't really get to grips with the whole thing, so next week I'll probably watch the normal version on Side A.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Bad Natured

Crank (2006). This one surprised me by being much better than iexpected. In fact, i thought it was a blast. The guys that put this together must have had a lot of fun and it shows. Very fun and entertaining flick. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Evil Puppy

Omega Man

I wanted to watch Marathon Man but somehow ended up watching that one. I still like The Last Man on Earth better but Heston's flick isn't horrible.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
For Vendetta

Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Zombie worm

Send a message via AIM to zombie ash Send a message via Yahoo to zombie ash
texas chainsaw massacre 2
Stop it! You're acting like a child!
They're coming for you!
Look, there comes one of them now!
He'll hear you!
Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!

Old 09-04-2009, 04:18 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Gamer (2009)

Loud, dark, cynical and absolutely chaotic...I thought it was a blast. It takes the overdone formula of stuff like Rollerball and The Running Man and puts a killer edge on it.

Micheal C. Hall gives a super entertaining performance - nice to see him in full on bad guy mode, he does it well. His "Got You Under My Skin" number has to be one of the coolest action scenes that I've seen in a long while.

I can see a lot of people hating this one - the hyper-kinetic editing gets old really fast, Butler's character is pretty generic, and there might be a few little lapses in logic...but I had a great time and really, if you liked Crank you'll like this too. Neveldine and Taylor are a pair to keep an eye on, they've done some exciting stuff so far.

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

I'm a sucker for time travel...and I may or may not have a huge crush on Rachel McAdams, so between the two I had to see this one despite how sappy it looked. In all honestly it was pretty saccharine in places, but the concept was different and intriguing enough to keep my interest. McAdams and Bana both give solid performances, and even though there really aren't many surprises the offbeat nature of the story makes for some decent moments.

It's fluff for sure, but at least its a twist on the typical formula. I've seen worse.

PS - Hey V (or anyone else that's seen it), would the new Final Destination be worth checking out if it's not in 3-D? I'm considering checking it out tomorrow, but the theatre I'd be going to only has it in 2-D. Still worthwhile? I honestly don't think it looks great in the first place, but I have nothing else to do tomorrow and I'm living close to a discount theatre (hence the above viewings) so I'm debating giving it a look-see anyway.

Last edited by The_Return; 09-04-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

CRANK 2 HIGH VOLTAGE

The first 10 minutes I was thinking "This is fucking stupid"....by the 15 minute mark I was having a ball........hysterical movie with some great action as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Requiem For A Dream

Jersey Girl

Leon The Professional

Inglourious Basterds (again)
Old 09-04-2009, 08:38 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
PS - Hey V (or anyone else that's seen it), would the new Final Destination be worth checking out if it's not in 3-D? I'm considering checking it out tomorrow, but the theatre I'd be going to only has it in 2-D. Still worthwhile? I honestly don't think it looks great in the first place, but I have nothing else to do tomorrow and I'm living close to a discount theatre (hence the above viewings) so I'm debating giving it a look-see anyway.
The theatre I saw it in was 2D. It was pretty impressive in 2D itself so I d say go check it out.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Zombie worm

Send a message via AIM to zombie ash Send a message via Yahoo to zombie ash
halloween II again.
Skeleton Crew.
Pee Wees Big Adventure.
Stop it! You're acting like a child!
They're coming for you!
Look, there comes one of them now!
He'll hear you!
Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!