Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Evil Dead

Episode 9 "Die, Zombie, Die... Again"

SPOILERS

Addy & Mack are kind of boring on their own and the Groundhog Day dream scenario quickly got annoying. However the actress that plays Addy is quite good and the episode picks up a bit in second half.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Evil Dead

Episode 10

SPOILERS

"Going Nuclear" The irradiated zombies actually looked kind of cool. Russell Hodgkinson continues to be enjoyable as Doc. I like seeing Warren step up and lead the team. The Murphy scenes were pretty funny.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Evil Dead

Episode 11 "Sisters of Mercy"

SPOILERS

The actress who played the cult leader was pretty creepy although sort of sympathetic. I'm kind of surprised Abby allowed her self to be manipulated like that and sad to see the actress Anastasia Baranova leave the show. The zombie bear was actually kind of cool. I wasn't expecting the biker they chained up to survive. Once again the Murphy scenes were kind of funny. Can't say I care that they killed off Mack though.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Evil Dead

Episode 12 "Murphy's Law"

SPOILER

Murphy golfing was hilarious. Glad they're continuing to explore his abilities. Great ending.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Evil Dead

Episode 13 "Doctor of the Dead" was the most suspenseful episode yet.

SPOILERS

I liked the flashbacks with Dr. Kurian. The gory lab tech was the best special effects makeup of the series so far. Interesting they turned Cassandra into a zombie hybrid. Glad Doc didn't actually die. That's one hell of a cliffhanger.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Evil Sweat

Finished the first season and I think it's great.
Two episodes were a bit less but that's still 11 outta 13 good ones. The series also has a good pace.
Characters are basic but interesting enough. Just like the storyline.
Acting's better than average. Writing's alright.
Less drama than The Walking Dead and more action and humour.
The series doesn't take itself too serious and I like that. They made a reference to Romero. And another one to Sharknado.
And they call zombies zombies or z's. Because that's what they are.
Instead of,
read the following sentence in a southern accent and like you're out of breath,
"We call 'em walkers..." and everybody just goes along with calling them that because hey, it's related to the name of the show.
They do the same in Z-Nation but to me it makes more sense when they do it =)

Anyway, if you like zombie action with some dry humour, you'll probably like Z-Nation.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:48 PM
Evil Sweat

Season 2 starting in a couple of weeks.
If you haven't seen the first one, check it out!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Season 2 starting in a couple of weeks.
If you haven't seen the first one, check it out!
Awesome! Been waiting for it!!

Old 08-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Hellraiser

I'm hyped as hell! This is my favorite show!

I'm in the minority, because I actually gave up on Walking Dead after Season 1, but Z Nation never ceases to entertain me.

Murphy is hilarious, and 10K is a badass!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

Ok,here in Blighty we are only on episode 7,which i have yet to see.

My verdict.......................i love it.The Walking Dead has got very tired for me,in fact i almost gave it up at the end of series two.They spend far too long in the same location week after week and throw in a zombie at the end as a reminder what the show is.

Z-Nation,has a smaller budget but to be honest i like that.It is not all about FX.I also love the change in scenery each week,not stuck in the old place all the time,like the farm and the prison in TWD.I also love the Murphy character and his abilty to blend in with the dead and not get eaten,that has very interesting plot ideas for the future i feel.

All the characters i actually care about unlike TWD where the only one of any merit is Daryl.So,as i said we are only into ep 7 so a long way to go to catch up with you guys but so far, so very good.