Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-26-2005, 08:30 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
ARGHH!!! Haha, I loved the original 'Dawn', it was probably my favorite. The clowny music playing while the zombies rip open the humans, I LOVE that scene. I have that goofy ass song on my computer.
That ws another thing I didnt like about Dawn. Although I did enjoy the less serious parts of the rest of the series, Dawn seemed to go totaly over the top [Pie fighting, anyone?]

Still, Im not saying that Dawn was a bad film. Just what I consider the low point of a great series. I did give it a 7/10, as you see in my other post:)
Old 06-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
That ws another thing I didnt like about Dawn. Although I did enjoy the less serious parts of the rest of the series, Dawn seemed to go totaly over the top [Pie fighting, anyone?]

Still, Im not saying that Dawn was a bad film. Just what I consider the low point of a great series. I did give it a 7/10, as you see in my other post:)
To me, that was a good thing...it eased off the way series stuff and gave us a huge blend of humor, gore, etc.

It just makes it so fun to watch.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:53 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
To me, that was a good thing...it eased off the way series stuff and gave us a huge blend of humor, gore, etc.

It just makes it so fun to watch.
True, but I definatly prefer the seriousness of Night and Day.

I think I need to see Dawn again...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:56 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
I think I need to see Dawn again...
Either that or just stop talking about it! You are really lowering my opinion of you every time you open your mouth and say Land was better than Dawn. (Not that my opinion should matter to you or anything.)

P.S. I'm just joking. But seriously, how can you think Dawn was the worst? That's absurd!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:06 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
Either that or just stop talking about it! You are really lowering my opinion of you every time you open your mouth and say Land was better than Dawn. (Not that my opinion should matter to you or anything.)

P.S. I'm just joking. But seriously, how can you think Dawn was the worst? That's absurd!
Just because I think it was the worst, doesnt mean I thought it was bad. Just personal preference, I guess. I enjoyed Land more than Dawn. It's not like Im telling you that you're an idiot for prefering Dawn, Im just stating my opinion.:)
Old 06-26-2005, 09:45 AM
BH14

Dawn of the Dead took some of the seriousness in fighting zombies when one can run in between buncha zombies with much ease and even kick them in the ankles...... I didnt care for that too much and I didnt find it funny enough that i would consider it as a horror/comedy. I still liked it but I prefer the serious horror zombie movies.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 06-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Luis Serra

1. Dawn
2. Land
3. Day
4. Night
Old 06-26-2005, 01:49 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

I hope that once Land gets released on DVD, we get a region 1 boxset of the series. I own Night [of course], but I dont know weather I should shell out $40 or so to get the other 2, or wait for a set...Ill probably wait until Christmas, in which case Ill have the money to buy either....
Old 06-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Since everyone who wanted to see it badly has probably seen it and formed their own opinions, I thought I would rate this film. This is a studio-backed film, and seems to be a little off, not pure Romero. I would give it a 6 out of 10. It wasn't boring, but it didn't seem to "want" to be very scary either; it seemed mild overall, even though there was lots of onscreen violence, much more than I expected. More fun than scary.

I was always happy, though, with the previous three films, thought of them as the "trilogy," and never really thought this would get made, so it's really icing on a cake that was baked and done a long time ago, as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking forward to the DVD release, and happy to have contributed to Romero's opening weekend. Here's to ya, George!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Evil Dead

I liked it! Fun, gory,good acting and a good story. 7 out of 10