Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 01-11-2016, 07:07 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I read a shitload of titles
Same...still.

Quote:
All New Wolverine
Yes, it's interesting.
X-23 was one of the more interesting "new" Marvel creations, have followed the character on and off since the NYX title.
Even if she's only the primary character until the inevitable return of the "real" Wolverine (unless that just stays as Old Man Logan after the latest crossover debacle) I find they've introduced a pretty decent storyline to throw her into.

Quote:
Silk
Another of the more interesting newer Marvel characters. Totally weird how they brought her in...yet another crossover event more annoying than good...but she was the one good thing to come out of it, even though at the same time Kaine was (again) lost. I'm probably more interested in this character, but the ongoing title would benefit from coming across as a little less cutesy I think.

Quote:
Secret Six
Been collecting that one for a marathon.
Not sure how the new title is, but the loss of the last title was one (of many) of the things that pissed me off about the "new 52" shakeup. Same as The Outsiders. The more offbeat, "bad" or "dark" type super-teams have always made for more interesting reading if you ask me.
While on that - for me, the suicide squad used to be great but the N52 version is just fan service wankery for yet another Harley Quinn vehicle. It's still "kind of" ok, but really not all that worh reading.
Though yes, Secret Six pre-n52 was one of my favourite comics, and I'm really holding onto hope that this new one is half as good. They really made CatMan a contender...hope they keep him that way.

I've been following the new Deadpool series.
Well, it's still not like it was in the 90's...seems like the more people get on board the more they turn DP into a comedy with a touch of tragedy rather than the other way around.
Though the character has had some good development, and there was a bit of mystery to the new series - it's been nice to see some "old" characters that have all but faded into obscurity playing semi-major parts again.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:56 AM
That fucking Guy...

One title I'm actually quite enjoying is Marvels current series of "Illuminati".
Nothing to do with the previous storylines and series by the same name.

It's basically about a b-grade-got-lucky "villain" The Hood *
Who decides to recruit other b/c-list villains, some presently in operation some retired and reformed, to take part in a masterplan/heist that will elevate their status somewhat.
That's all there's been so far really, just set up.
This is just, the one comic I'm looking forward to the most in Marvels current line.

*who I actually find to be one of Marvels most endearing characters of the last decade...yeah, he's a "bad" dude, but he's not all that eeeevil...He's cocky, and ambitious, and just, a memorable character for me.
Check out his minis and appearances prior, most don't disappoint.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 01-12-2016 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:44 AM
That fucking Guy...

The latest issue of the current run of Batman, #48.
One of the more interesting issues since the "death" of Batman/Bruce Wayne.
What a last page...
Old 02-19-2016, 05:54 AM
Evil Dead

Found a assortment of FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE anthologies. Still good, amusing and even poignant in places.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:57 AM
Evil Dead

VAMPIRELLA CRIMSON CHRONICLES VOL 1. Has the Vampi stories from #1-#37 with all the great characters like Pendragon, Dracula, The Conjuress, Adam Van Helsing, etc. Although the first two stories are pretty bad, things picked up with Archie Goldwyn and especially Steve Engelhart (the two from #24-#25 still pack a punch). Amazing artwork by Tom Sutton and especially Jose Gonzalez who I feel gave Vampi her proper look.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:23 AM
That fucking Guy...

Avengers Standoff - Welcome to Pleasant Hill.

I don't know what to say without spoiling the entire concept...but lets just say, if there's any fans of "The Prisoner", you might like this.
It's a launch/pre-issue of a cross over event that seems to span most of the current avengers related titles - so if that's a deal breaker, it is what it is.

Just yeah, I really liked what I read and look forward to seeing how it plays out.
Seems like the protagonists (or I guess antagonists?) are a couple of my favourite characters from another series I read a while back.

Gah. Read it.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Immortal horror fan

The Discipline #1 comes out next week. Seems to be horror related. It might be good.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Horror Fan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
The Discipline #1 comes out next week. Seems to be horror related. It might be good.
Have you ever read the Friday the 13th comics?

Old 02-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Have you ever read the Friday the 13th comics?
Yes I own a bunch of them.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:40 AM
Evil Dead

MAMMOTH BOOK OF BEST HOOROR COMICS-Edited by Peter Normajon.
Pretty good anthology that starts in the very early 50's and goes to the beginning of the new century. Good throughout, but I find my interest wanes from the 80's on...maybe it's because the previous decades were such a big part of youth.