Old 08-22-2005, 11:35 PM
No, fuck YOU

I think i remember reading several comments on IMDB calling it the most disgusting movie ever.

I´m staying the hell away from it.:D
Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Banned

The film is about the Japanese germ warfare facility (#731), and a supposedly true account of experimental atrocities the Japs committed there against the Chinese.

How much truth there is in these experiments (the freezing, heating, then tearing off of skin... the pressure chamber that makes your intestines shoot out of your arse) is dubious, but if nothing else Men Behind the Sun comes across as a powerful propaganda film.

Contientious elements include: the rumoured use of real cadavers in an incineration scene, the mauling of a cat by dozens of frenzied rats ("filmmaker2" would have kittens him/herself if he/she saw this one) and the igniting of said rats after they are doused in something flammable.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't know there was a third entry
Until last night, neither did my wife.

:eek:
Old 08-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Misanthrope

You're going straight to Hell for that one.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to SPLATTERGORIA
This definitely sounds like my kind of flick.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Banned

The sequels are not up to scratch, like the man said.

Lab of the Devil is more (of the same) experiments, and Narrow Escape is plain bland.

The subtitled version of Lab of the Devil is cut BTW - the English dubbed version is not.

An unofficial "sequel" - Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre, by the original director - is better (including an extraordinarily nasty scene involving a baby popped into a cauldron of boiling water...).
Old 08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Braddock

Yeah, as has been mentioned the thing that REALLY bothered me and will stop me seeing it is this:

"Mous, wanting desperately to show the realism in these various scenes, completely goes over the edge of filmmaking. During the scene where the mute is being cut open and several of his innards removed...the crew actually used a real body of a boy of the actor's age who had been recently killed in a car accident. What you witness in those scenes are real doctors (dressed up to look like the actors) cutting open a real person."

Really sickening stuff. You can read more about it here .
Old 08-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Banned

Men Behind the Sun is a real rumour-machine, with even the inestines-exploding-out-the-anus scene said to utilise a real corpse (it isn't, it's a special effect).

The young boy seen autopsied is a real cadaver however - the director asked the police and his parents for permission to film this process, and they agreed once they understood the subject matter and purpose of Mous' film.

Like Cannibal Holocaust, Aftermath and Faces of Death, Men Behind the Sun really seperates the men from the boys in terms of uncompromising hardcore viewing.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:16 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Men Behind the Sun is a real rumour-machine, with even the inestines-exploding-out-the-anus scene said to utilise a real corpse (it isn't, it's a special effect).

The young boy seen autopsied is a real cadaver however - the director asked the police and his parents for permission to film this process, and they agreed once they understood the subject matter and purpose of Mous' film.

Like Cannibal Holocaust, Aftermath and Faces of Death, Men Behind the Sun really seperates the men from the boys in terms of uncompromising hardcore viewing.

What kind of sick parents wants the corpse of their dead child in an exploitation film?:confused: :mad:
Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Banned

Men Behind the Sun is considered more as propaganda.

The chinese boy's parents understood the film would be underlining - not exploiting - the horrific treatment of the Chinese at the hands of the Japs, and allowed their son to be involved in it.