#1  
Old 01-14-2017, 06:39 AM
MoonFilm MoonFilm is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
The Road Trip Project

Hi everyone!

Last fall, we visited the filming locations of 15 horror movies in 17 days (Jaws, I Spit on Your Grave, Friday the 13th, The Amityville Horror, The Sixth Sense, The Blair Witch Project, The Exorcist, The Evil Dead, The Beyond, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Carnival of Souls, It Follows, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead & The Dead Zone) and made the following video.

Hope you'll enjoy!


Last edited by MoonFilm; 04-28-2020 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:17 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,759
Interesting. We would have wanted to see 'you guys & gals' in the photos. Because, since there are none, these photos could be collected from 15 independent sources on the internet.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 2,205
Have to agree with Sculpt on this. It was interesting but didn't really seem like a road trip.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2017, 12:22 PM
MoonFilm MoonFilm is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
It's only natural to express your doubts since I'm kinda new here, but to be absolutly honest, that thought (the fact that people wouldn't believe us) never entered our minds.

And I guess even a bill of the Grand Central Café with my name on it can be photoshoped. ;)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2017, 12:44 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 2,205
Lol, it was really interesting...I liked it. Just would have been nice to see you guys interacting with the scenes.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2017, 12:55 PM
MoonFilm MoonFilm is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
I understand. A lot of people a reenacting the scenes on these kind of videos, or just wave at the camera on each locations. We just wanted to make something a little bit different.

It's as they say : "Write the book that you want to read". So we did the video we wanted to watch.

We took over 1000 thousand of pictures each, so we have enough stock to make at least 10 videos about the filming locations of 10 different movies.

Last edited by MoonFilm; 01-14-2017 at 12:56 PM. Reason: adding something
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 2,205
You make a good point.... it's your vision. It's well done, very concise and must have been fun to do.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFilm View Post
I understand. A lot of people a reenacting the scenes on these kind of videos, or just wave at the camera on each locations. We just wanted to make something a little bit different.

It's as they say : "Write the book that you want to read". So we did the video we wanted to watch.

We took over 1000 thousand of pictures each, so we have enough stock to make at least 10 videos about the filming locations of 10 different movies.
Do you have any pics of you guys in the locations? If not, you'd be the first group of people I've ever heard of not taking pics of yourselves in those locations. You should make a version with those pics.

I wasn't really thinking about that you guys weren't there. Like Bloof said, it just doesn't have a feel like a road trip. A bit more like google-street-view shots feel. The quality of shots are better, and I see where most are matching the shots from the film, I'm just saying the shots don't have a "we're there having fun!" feel/look.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2017, 05:47 PM
MoonFilm MoonFilm is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
You make a good point.... it's your vision. It's well done, very concise and must have been fun to do.
It took about a year an a half to prepare it : finding the locations, print-screening all the shots we wanted to reproduce and, mostly, putting the money aside (it was quite expensive), but yes, it's the trip of a lifetime. So far, at least. ;).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Do you have any pics of you guys in the locations? If not, you'd be the first group of people I've ever heard of not taking pics of yourselves in those locations. You should make a version with those pics.
We did, here and there, but with no intention of putting them on the Internet. And we wouldn't have enough to make it interesting anyway.

The closest you'll see is a picture of the Nissan Murano we rent (with a license plate of Québec) which was taken at the exact same spot where Josh left his car in The Blair Witch Project. It will appear on The Blair Witch Project filming locations video we'll make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I wasn't really thinking about that you guys weren't there. Like Bloof said, it just doesn't have a feel like a road trip. A bit more like google-street-view shots feel. The quality of shots are better, and I see where most are matching the shots from the film, I'm just saying the shots don't have a "we're there having fun!" feel/look.
I hear you, but it's precisely as you wrote it. The fun we had came from matching the shots. Then again, it's really something just to be there. And the thrill you get when you find the spot. For instance, we where looking for a place to park near the Exorcist's house and the moment we got out of the car, we realized that we end up parking near the stairs of the University. :-)

Last edited by MoonFilm; 01-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-16-2017, 09:57 PM
MoonFilm MoonFilm is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Hi Guys, we're planning the sequel for September 2019 and we might need some help.

The next trip will include The Shining, The Birds, Halloween and Psycho (to (name a few), but since since we're going through Detroit again, we want to visit some of the filming locations of It Follows we missed last time.

Especially the opening scene :



and the beach scene :



Any idea where theses were filmed?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:17 AM.