Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Evil Dead

"Deep Rising" (1998)
-Treat Williams

Plot:IMDB

A group of heavily armed hijackers board a luxury ocean liner in the South Pacific Ocean to loot it, only to do battle with a series of large-sized, tentacled, man-eating sea creatures who have taken over the ship first.

Phantom's Review: I love this movie. It's just a good old fashioned monster movie. Plenty of scares, action, gore and humor. A fun "leave your brain at the door and enjoy" type of film. Highly recommended.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"Deep Rising" (1998)
-Treat Williams

Plot:IMDB

A group of heavily armed hijackers board a luxury ocean liner in the South Pacific Ocean to loot it, only to do battle with a series of large-sized, tentacled, man-eating sea creatures who have taken over the ship first.

Phantom's Review: I love this movie. It's just a good old fashioned monster movie. Plenty of scares, action, gore and humor. A fun "leave your brain at the door and enjoy" type of film. Highly recommended.

Now what?....
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Evil Dead

John Carpenter's
"Vampires" (1998)
-James Woods

Plot: IMDb
A vengeful vampire slayer must retrieve an ancient Catholic relic that, should it be acquired by vampires, will allow them to endure sunlight.

Phantom's Review: Vampires have always been my favorite movie monsters and before they were ruined by sparkly, twinkly pansy boys, they were like this: Scary , violent and powerful. "John Carpenter's Vampires" shows them like this. The film is well made. Has some good scares, plenty of violence and gore and has some damn sexy women and James Woods is totally bad ass as the veteran slayer with a personal grudge against vamps. Highly entertaining.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Wrong Turn 5 (2012)

Not too bad as I expected. Better than 3 & 4.

>>: C
Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 PM
For Vendetta

Halloween Nights #6 (double bill) -

Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Wrong Turn 5 (2012)

Not too bad as I expected. Better than 3 & 4.

>>: C
theres a wrong turn five! :eek: how many wrong turns can take!...or make
Old 10-25-2012, 01:54 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
theres a wrong turn five! :eek: how many wrong turns can take!...or make
Hasn't it become another traditional halloween franchise? Like Paranormal Activity.

I'm sure we will see more halloween series in the future. One for each freakin day. And speaking of days. How freakin long does Halloween take??!! Longer than christmas it seems. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Horror Fan

Saw Lep in the Hood (part 5). A long 90 minutes.

This happened:

Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
[i

This happened:

Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Evil Dead

Wild Bill - Following his release from prison,former drug dealer and local legend Bill is reluctantly forced to play Dad to his two sons whose Mother has abandoned them.

I was worried this was going to be a clone of every other cockney gangster film,full of cliches and pissed off granite faced geezers,and whilst there is some of that there is much more on offer.

The cast is excellent and chock full of British talent,standouts are Charlie Creed-Miles as the titular Wild Bill and Will Poulter who plays his eldest son.After dominating The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as the sour faced Eustace,and here playing the put upon and resentful teenager Dean,it will be interesting to see what Poulter can do in a role that does not require him to be quite so annoyed all the time.

First time director Dexter Fletcher's depiction of the gritty,underpriveleged and often violent lives of the main characters is balanced by uplifting moments of real heart and humour (Due in no small part to Flether's own co written script).

Wild Bill was not a film I was expecting anything from,but now I would consider it something of a little homegrown gem. 9/10