Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Toys & Props

Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcream View Post
Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

I've got the overall impression that people want realistic figures rather than cartoonish designs so I'm going to try and work with in mind!
sweeet!post a pic of one when ya got one designed..i could be a buyer if there not too pricey :D
Old 03-17-2012, 05:33 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
sweeet!post a pic of one when ya got one designed..i could be a buyer if there not too pricey :D
Same here-good luck with these figures :)
Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 AM
From The Beyond

Oh and I'll be in the market for a Dr Shipman doll if not too expensive.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Little Boo

Thanks for your support. I need to know how much would be a fair price for a 6" staction/statue figure. Realistic pose on a diarama - much like the Spectre Studios figures?

I've had requests for Albert Fish and Shipman so far so I want to know who would be the most marketable. I won't be doing Dahmer/Gein/Bundy or Pogo Gacy for a while as the talented David Johnson has done them already.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcream View Post
Thanks for your support. I need to know how much would be a fair price for a 6" staction/statue figure. Realistic pose on a diarama - much like the Spectre Studios figures?

I've had requests for Albert Fish and Shipman so far so I want to know who would be the most marketable. I won't be doing Dahmer/Gein/Bundy or Pogo Gacy for a while as the talented David Johnson has done them already.
I would think something in the $80 range would be good for a figurine and a diorama. I could be grossly mistaken because I'm not too hip on what collectibles like that cost.

As for which ones besides Fish and Shipman, I'd say Manson, Ramirez, and Berkowitz. And while I would avoid doing any serial killers that are too obscure. Sure hardcore serial killer phanatics would buy them, but you'll probably want a larger market base.

Is a Gary Heidnik a popular serial killer? I know he's popular here, but that's because he lived here. If he is, then I would make one for him. The figurine would be bit boring, but the diorama would be quite the spectacle