Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Wasn't sure how The Good The Bad The Weird would pan out. Will check it out now.
please do, if anyone dislikes this film i will be surprised.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Lisa & the Devil (1974)

>>: A-

Shock 'em Dead (1990)

The story of an ultra-geeky nerd who sells his soul to the devil in return for becoming a big-time rock star. He goes from being a loser who makes his living slinging pizzas, to being Angel Martin, the hottest thing on the Sunset.

One heck of a trashy fun! Loved it.:D

>>: B-

The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008)

When justice can’t resolve or detect a crime properly but uses hideous ways of punishment then the justice itself becomes the most dreadful crime on earth. It’s not about the controversial serious issues of a religion, it’s about how far a human being can go & turn himself more than a wicked animal to set up conspiracies & chose the most inhuman & outrageous way to kill a helpless innocent victim of society. I was thinking for a while that I’d like to highly recommend this film to you all but at the end it makes me feel so sad, frustrated & helpless that I’ve changed my mind. Specially the last part of the film when the “judgment” begins & starts to unfold its ugliest face (‘the stoning’ part)…it becomes very disturbing to watch, surely the scenes has the right capacity to make anybody upset whether he or she used to be a fan of watching tortures & gore in films or not.

>>: A
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Bad Natured

Black Sheep (2006). With mutant killer sheep as the premise of this flick, one wonders how it ever got from an idea to an actual production. In a word, cuz it was swimmingly good fun. With the guys at WETA Workshop helming the gore, a director that had a clear picture in mind, and a young vibrant cast bringing verve to the set, this fun horror piece was a treat. While it was definitely a horror comedy, it never disintegrates into a morass of silly garbage, but instead remains on that ever wonderful, precarious threshold in betwixt terror and the absurd. The acting was pretty darn good for such an enterprise, doing their own stunts for most of the project. And Danielle Mason was quite the cutie in her role as Experience, a chakra loving new age rager. This is one of those special flicks whose set chemistry defies description. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.

Last edited by psycho d; 05-11-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Black Sheep (2006). With mutant killer sheep as the premise of this flick, one wonders how it ever got from an idea to an actual production. In a word, cuz it was swimmingly good fun. With the guys at WETA Workshop helming the gore, a director that had a clear picture in mind, and a young vibrant cast bringing verve to the set, this fun horror piece was a treat. While it was definitely a horror comedy, it never disintegrates into a morass of silly garbage, but instead remains on that ever wonderful, precarious threshold in betwixt terror and the absurd. The acting was pretty darn good for such an enterprise, doing their own stunts for most of the project. And Danielle Mason was quite the cutie in her role as Experience, a chakra loving new age rager. This is one of those special flicks whose set chemistry defies description. Ashe.
d
Finally someone who doesn't hate on this flick. I thought it was fun as well.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Lucker: The Necrophagous
Old 05-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Evil Dead

Legion: Interesting premise, but weak execution. There were just so many points that I had to utterly suspend disbelief. Not to do with the angels and whatnot, but mainly to do with the human's reactions, or more specifically lack thereof to them.

Last House on the Left (2009): Particularly brutal and unrelenting. Very well done. I have yet to see the original, but this one was quite good. I'll have to see the original and compare.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM
That fucking Guy...

Iron Man 2
The origin/escape etc in the first one was I think a better introduction/first third in the first film, but the dialogue and villain/s (+villains backstory) were I thought way better this time around.
Still thinking an avengers film would be a bit iffy, but hey...
Old 05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
Lucker: The Necrophagous
Was it any good. I've always liked the look of it but never picked it up. Most of the Synapse titles are great watches.

----

Extreme Prejudice

Excellent flick. One of Walter Hill's more overlooked films but definitely one of his best. A really solid cast and gritty tough guy action. Top stuff.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Pirate of Bengal

A Blade in the Dark (1983)

A pretty good one from Bava Junior.

>>: B+
Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Bad Natured

Enemy at the Gates (2001). This is pretty much a picture perfect Hollywood war flick, but is one that is done right. The glories of war are shown in a dismal and squalid light, a theatre difficult for any man to become inspired to fight. Jude Law's character, based on a real-life hero, does just that and serves as a source of inspiration to help to win the Battle of Stalingrad. The greatest obstacle to this flick was the accents and spoken languages, all of which were English and were without any attempt to at least offer up a German or Russian accent. Though Hollywood perfect in structure, with just the right amount of violence, intrigue, and sex, this film was done right, maybe a hint that tinsel town might come back around and make movies for more than just the masses. Or not.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.