Old 08-30-2019, 05:18 AM
Evil Dead

Scary Stories You Heard As A Kid

When I was young a kid once told me that now and again a man with a green face would come from under his bed and tickle his feet.

I believed him for a while. And 35 years later I still feel scared to have my feet exposed when in bed.

Got any stories like this?

Last edited by fudgetusk; 08-30-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Nightmare of Derry

To be perfectly honest, I'm the only one of my friends that really liked scary stuff, including the stories and "campfire" type of spooks. But I did have the "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" books, and those were my friends as a child until I graduated to Poe, Lovecraft, and King.

But there is one scary story that I remember as one of my very first I heard, and it still sticks with me to this day, is Washington Irving's "Sleepy Hollow.". Something about it just enthrals me.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Hellraiser

When I was a kid growing up in NYC, from about '62 to '72, I spent summer vacations on my cousin's farm in West Virginia. MY cousin Chuck was about 4 years older than me, & we used to go camping in the mountains alot. He told me the true story of the Flatwoods (W.Va.) monster that supposedly terrorized the area about 10 years earlier, around 1953. I didn't believe him, until he showed me the newspaper clipping, and then all camping trips after that were done in sheer terror.
Last June, my ex & I visited Flatwoods on the way up to play the Ribfest my band plays every year. 65 years later, the town still capitalizes on the monster, with souvenirs,bumper stickers, keychains,little monster statues, big statues, it seems like the monster is a good part of their economy.