Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Evil Dead

Howl's Moving Castle. I've seen this already and I score it 9/10
I enjoy anime aside from horror movies. =) And I'm not afraid to admit it.

Last edited by NightOfTheLiving_Sam; 06-18-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfTheLiving_Sam View Post

Howl's Moving Castle. I've seen this already and I score it 9/10
I enjoy anime aside from horror movies. =) And I'm not afraid to admit it.
Haven't seen you here in a little while Sam. Good to see you back

Old 06-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Evil Sweat

300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
Bit too long, too much talking, average acting, battles are all quite the same,...
Also a unnecessary background story on the bad guy of the first movie.
His role was minor so they could have easily cut the bit.
Best things were the special effects.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Evil is Better

+1

This was ok. It wasn't great but it was a timekiller. I am getting tired of the instantly resorting to murder when confronted by something you don't understand trope though. But there were some aspects i liked.

SPOILERS
There were some parts that i found surprisingly deep for a a movie like this. The awkward loner girl ends up falling in love with her double and they kiss and then merge together at the end with a smile on her face. To me that part of the movie wasn't some twisted bizarre kinky sex thing, it was an insecure girl who finally found someone she could be herself around and find happiness with and then when they merged, she found happiness within herself.

The other part i liked was the dark ending. The main character kills his girlfriend so he can be with the double who he was able to fix things with after fucking it up with his original girlfriend. But the only reason he was able to do that was he played off things the original girlfriend told him in the fight they had that night. He didn't change, he didn't grow. He just manipulated her in thinking he was a different person and killed his girlfriend. It was a dark twisted ending that was played off like it was romantic.

END OF SPOILERS

3/5

Mr. Jones

This was horrible. Boring and badly made. If its supposed to be a found footage movie how come it seems like the main character was able to edit the finish project complete with voiceover during a montage? That makes no sense plus it wasn't scary at all. Avoid

1/5

Willow Creek

I actually really liked this one. It's definitely a slow burn but the characters are really likeable and there's a lot of humor during the initial build up stage. Once it gets to the scary moments, there is a scene that drags but they do a nice job building suspense. It really drew me in.

SPOILERS
I was disappointed that they didn't show Bigfoot though. I'm a huge monster fan so i always want to see the monster.
END OF SPOILERS

4/5

Old 06-19-2014, 04:38 PM

PULSE 2 AFTERLIFE. 2008

Has nothing to do with PULSE 1988 which I watched the other night. Eerie ghosts find their way back to earth through wireless internet. Interesting but a little dull.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:10 AM
For Vendetta

Two reasons to watch this film - the cinematography which captures the fantastic essence of the Australian outback (some angles are absolutely breath-taking, hats off to the director of photography), and the extremely ruthless and vile Mick Taylor. It's like the film picks off right from where part 1 ended, and for the first 30 minutes you are excused from thinking which one character is actually the lead one?! The game of cat-and-mouse continues all through the film, and by the time you actually start to feel some sympathy for the lead character, it's all over.

No prizes for guessing who comes out on top.

Among the highlight scenes is one fantastic sequence which might incur the wrath of PETA (unless it's a CGI-fied one), when hundreds of kangaroos suddenly "feel" the need to cross the road during a desperate chase sequence, and many get slaughtered and plastered by a 22-wheeler truck.

Recommended.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Little Boo

Godzilla and X-Men Days of Future Past. Both good films, though I like Godzilla better. The X-Men movie tries to adapt a comic book mind-boggler into suspense, while Godzilla is a unique Godzilla movie with a good background for the monster.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Evil Sweat

Death Machine (1994)
"Small group of people trapped in a building with a killer robot controlled by Brad Dourif."
Underrated movie. Small but decent cast, awesome robot and decent special effects. With some hints of Die Hard, Robocop, Universal Soldier,...
Better than I remembered it.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Sounds awesome. Thanks for posting. I'll have to re-watch the first one as a refresher.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
The Place Beyond the Pines (2012)

Interesting enough character piece though I feel as though I should have liked it more than I did, considering that the cast was brilliant and I really like that director... Could have been the mood that I was in but I found it a little drab. Oddly enough, I loved Blue Valentine - Could be that I just identified with the characters more there than I did in Pines - It gets a lot of good press and I get why, but was just flat for me.
I saw this tonight and loved it. I can see how you'd have to be in the right mood for it to work. It's long, and the three-act format is challenging, switching focus between character sets so abruptly every 45 minutes. Luckily I was up for a movie like this tonight, and it really paid off. The soundtrack by Mike Patton was great too. Now I'm going to have to seek out Blue Valentine.

9/10.

Tags
movie