Old 10-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Evil Sweat

Patient Seven (2016)
B-
Several mental patients tell their story to a doctor (Michael Ironside).
One patient ties them all together.

This was pretty good. Bit different from what you'd expect but interesting and entertaining enough. And Michael Ironside is great as usual.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:04 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Desierto (2015)

After their truck breaks down, a group of undocumented Mexican workers tries to cross the border but they get caught in a 'most Dangerous Game' scenario orchestrated by a psychotic American sniper (played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

>>: B+
Old 10-13-2016, 02:30 AM
Evil Dead

!!!HALLOWEEN HORROR MONTH!!!

Mother's Day (2010)
I.M.D.B.
The sadistic members of a villainous family return to their childhood home to terrorize the new home owners and their guests.

Some good violence in this one, but the run time is too long for the material and the characters are unlikable. A nuanced performance from the titular Mother would have gone a long way to hold it all together and make it interesting, but Rebecca De Mornay's performance was shallow and uninteresting.
5.5/10

FEATURING HORROR HOTTIE
Deborah Ann Woll

Old 10-13-2016, 11:16 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg Head1 View Post
!!!HALLOWEEN HORROR MONTH!!!

Mother's Day (2010)
I.M.D.B.
The sadistic members of a villainous family return to their childhood home to terrorize the new home owners and their guests.

Some good violence in this one, but the run time is too long for the material and the characters are unlikable. A nuanced performance from the titular Mother would have gone a long way to hold it all together and make it interesting, but Rebecca De Mornay's performance was shallow and uninteresting.
5.5/10

FEATURING HORROR HOTTIE
Deborah Ann Woll

*Multiple wolf whistles from the crowd*.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Evil Dead

Just watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I liked it. Mostly because i like period movies. if you don't like period movies you might not like it, but i enjoyed it.nice to see Girls kick some butt.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Patient Seven (2016)
B-
Several mental patients tell their story to a doctor (Michael Ironside).
One patient ties them all together.

This was pretty good. Bit different from what you'd expect but interesting and entertaining enough. And Michael Ironside is great as usual.
That looked interesting. Ill have to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Desierto (2015)

After their truck breaks down, a group of undocumented Mexican workers tries to cross the border but they get caught in a 'most Dangerous Game' scenario orchestrated by a psychotic American sniper (played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

>>: B+
That sounds pretty cool, kinda wolf creek-esque. I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan too, ill have to check that out

Old 10-13-2016, 03:51 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I found it pretty popcorn.
Personally I have to disagree with the comparison.
I thought the first one was quite good, respectful of the source material, trying to make new of old and I think they did ok.
I actually liked the second one more.
More action heavy but the inner-fleet turmoil and a more interesting villain.
Anyways.

The third, though?
Just inferior in almost every way.
Wasn't really anything about the music for me though...just the whole...the plot was weak, the bad guys motivation if you can even call it that was pathetic...not to mention entirely overused in movies like this.

Their "new and interesting" side character just felt forced. I found it "ok" but pretty shallow...and that whole MAJOR plothole: How was the girl "hiding out" in a cloaked ship from the enemy exactly? It had crashed and remained stationary, and it was HIS ship...so what, he just forgot it was there?

It's not without its fun moments. But you can tell it's been largely handed off to someone else. JJA strikes again. Alias went to shit because of him doing this, LOST became a mess when he left too. Now this.

I'd see it if you kind of enjoy the characters, but it was almost like some of the actors had gotten pretty tired with it too, I found a lot of their energy seemed to be gone.
I'd give it a 5/10 honestly.
I wasn't happy with the core of the first film (2009), but I still found it interesting and enjoyable enough. It wasn't the tone/core of the original series in many ways to me, and in other ways is was (of course), but it's an alternate universe, and I like new material, so I wasn't complaining.

I liked the 2nd one much better. It captured the serious tone the original series would do so well often enough. It was a pretty tight and gripping story. Haven't seen the 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Haven't seen it yet. I only watch these type of films when I need to have my brain almost completely turned off. I'll see it eventually at least 'cause of Cumberbatch. I thought the first one was bad too.(not original, but these awful alternate reality ones)
I hear ya. Certainly wasn't a home run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Watched it. Still meh. Cumberbach is always great, but that's about it. 3/10
Second film, Into the Darkness, was a 3/10 for ya?

I agree, it wasn't a very good or great film, but I thought it was overall very competent... had momentum, twists and was entertaining. It has a
90% audience rating at rottentomatoes. Vast majority of folks liked it. I'm guessing the subject matter and/or genre really isn't something you like. Or just too much of this series too soon.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:36 PM
病気の

Cat Sick Blues,2016. 9/10

Old 10-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Cat Sick Blues,2016. 9/10

Wow 9/10? I'll have to add it to this months horror movie list.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:32 AM
Evil Dead

!!!HORROR MOVIE MONTH!!!

Lights Out (2016)
I.M.D.B.
When her little brother, Martin, experiences the same events that once tested her sanity, Rebecca works to unlock the truth behind the terror, which brings her face to face with an entity that has an attachment to their mother, Sophie.

There are a few scary moments, but this won't be giving me a fear of the dark any time soon. The tension is not amped up enough, the buildup is too sparse, and the jump scares are too obvious. It quickly turned into more of a monster movie than a scary movie. Where's Vin Diesel when you need him?
6.5/10

FEATURING HORROR HOTTIE
Teresa Palmer

Tags
movie