Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Midnight toker

Dirty Harry... Just trying to decide whether to watch Magnum Force tonight or tomorrow. :confused:
Old 12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Misanthrope

Flip a coin to decide!

Magnum Force is great but my favourite of the sequels is Sudden Impact.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Flip a coin to decide!

Magnum Force is great but my favourite of the sequels is Sudden Impact.
No need for the coin, already made my mind up, its going on in a few minuites. :cool:

Now I'm on the sequel though I'll end up going through 'em all so Sudden Impact will get a watch in the next few days too.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:33 PM
For Vendetta

Liked it quite a bit. Thanks, Chrono.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
We are currently watching Open Graves...It's kinda like an evil Jumanji...The game board is made from the skin and bones of a witch who was tortured and burned to death during the Spanish Inquisition...The people who play, die in fairly interesting ways...The person who wins gets one wish granted to them, but only after they have passed the game onto the next person, basicly condemning them to death...It's pretty good, or at least 'not bad'...I like it.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Liked it quite a bit. Thanks, Chrono.
Man that flick sucked. I was hoping for something more voodoo themed/orientated but this was just Hostel in Mexico. Sick to death of that tired shit.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Man that flick sucked. I was hoping for something more voodoo themed/orientated but this was just Hostel in Mexico. Sick to death of that tired shit.
The cover does give that impression (of being voodoo themed). And the ending lacked substance. But I liked the story. It was certainly better than Hostel and Turistas. Not bad for an After Dark selection.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
mostly ghostly?

Pontypool (2008)

For the first 50 minutes or so, it really draws you in; more than a reimagining or revisiting of a genre (zombie), but something that strives to work outside of it. It generates great tension and incredible curiosity, both increasing exponentially for the (like I said) first 50 or so minutes. Then, it kind of melts into a sloppiness of half-baked intellect and genre conventions. Even so, it still remains interesting throughout. Definitely worth a watch for some fresh ideas, great pacing, and solid performances.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Carriers (2009)

Nothing new but it's okay & pretty slow paced.

>>: C+

Funny People (2009)

A bit serious "funny" drama. Liked it.

>>: B

The House of the Devil (2009)

From the vintage opening title to the end, it captures the mood so well that if anyone see this movie without knowing its time of release then there is a good chance to believe that it was actually shot in the 80s!
Other than that it's a slow burning horror of "80's" that bit falls down by taking too long on build up the tension or any solid shocker punch. The first 70 minutes leave you feeling unease, like the inevitable is coming...yet it's only a question of when. But when the end begins, it all kicks off...fairly graphic & twisted.
Overall, this is a good homage to the late 70's & 80's horror films. I liked the effort of showing the essence of what horror once was, and trying to give a kind of authenticity of the genre for a treat unseen for the last twenty years.

>>: B

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (2009)

Not bad but predictable thriller. Liked to see the original one.

>>: B-
Old 12-02-2009, 04:22 AM
Bad Natured

Letters from Iwo Jima (2006). Another Eastwood masterpiece, this one truly felt as if it were told from an eastern point of view. There was a little westernization to it, but maybe that can be forgiven if the commander of the island was in reality a little sympathetic to the west. Either way, the acting was splendid, the war scenes powerful, and the direction wonderful. The story itself was well crafted. Ashe.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.