Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing

View Poll Results: Based on what you have read, would this be a book you would purchase?
Would. 2 40.00%
Would not. 1 20.00%
Not sure yet. 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2015, 06:03 AM
No Tears Please...

I set down my cleaning supplies and moved the items in front of the hole. Pressing my eye up to the hole I strained to see anything. The light in Jennifer’s bathroom was on but everything else was dark. I looked toward her bed and could see her under the covers. She was covered to the waist and wearing a Winnie the Pooh sleep shirt. I could see her breasts move up and down with every breath she took. “Will you ever forgive me?” I whispered. I moved everything back the way it was and grabbed my supplies and quietly left the closet.
After scrubbing the walls clean I continued down the stairs cleaning more blood from the handrail as I went. In the kitchen by the back door there was a little puddle of what looked like blood mixed with water. I got down on my knees to clean it up and the smell hit me, I peed here. I felt the blood rush into my cheeks. I was so embarrassed even though there was no one around and no one would ever know. The rags wouldn’t be enough for this, I went to the linen closet in the downstairs hall and got a large bath towel. I cleaned everything up to the point that you would never know it was there.
It was going on 5 a.m. and I was exhausted. I decided that I had done the best I could do and it was time to get some sleep. I wrote a note for Jennifer and stuck it to the dry erase board in the class room. It read:
Jennifer,
I am feeling very sick today and I don’t think I can do class. Please just
take the day off. I will be in my room resting.

Love,
Michael

I then headed upstairs. After getting back into my room, I cleaned up all of the blood in my bathroom and bagged the clothes and towels up. I set them in the corner of my room, I will take care of them tomorrow. For now I just wanted to sleep. I stripped down and climbed into bed. Im not sure I dreamed at all that night, but I slept hard.
I woke up around noon the next day. Groggy I rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. Unable to really think about much I brushed my teeth, pulled on some clothes and walked downstairs to the kitchen hunting for food. When I got down there I was surprised to see my note exactly where I had left it and there was no sign that Jennifer had made any food. I pulled out the cocoa puffs and made myself a bowel. Everything was so quiet. It was really earie. I sat slurping my food and thinking about the day before trying to recover some of my memories. For some reason I couldn’t get anywhere. I was really anxious to see how I had left the fort and the thing I had played with. I stood up to drop my bowl back into the sink and when I turned around Jennifer was standing there. She had just come downstairs and had her coat on like she was going somewhere. “Oh, hi…” I said. She smiled a little and said “Im going into town to run some errands, do you need anything?” I answered “Could you get me some Alka-Seltzer, Im really not feeling well.” She nodded and we stood there awkwardly. I started to say “Hey, are we ok?” but as I was saying it I noticed a couple drops of blood on the wall next to her. I only got out “Hey, are we…” and then I kind of trailed off. I walked around her to where the spots were just as she was responding “I don’t know Michael, what happened is not ok.” I put my back to the spots and said “I know but I think I might be in love with you.” She looked like that troubled her. She said “Michael, you’re too young to know what that really is. You aren’t even a man yet.” That hit me hard and an image flashed through my mind of screaming at her body as it lay at my feet. “I, I, I’m” I couldn’t form a complete thought and she turned and headed out the door. I felt so angry. I just needed to go out and explore my fort and try to get through this day.
I put on my jacket and my gloves and headed out the back door. I walked out into the woods, feeling pretty good for the day. I walked past the shed, through the woods, into the clearing and as I rounded the corner of the doorway to my fort I banged my arm against it. Pain shot through me and I let out a little scream. I rubbed it softly waiting for the pain to subside. When it finally did I went the rest of the way inside. I was expecting the worst, blood splattered on the walls, guts everywhere. But I found nothing. Not even the hole. I had this really weird feeling like I had missed a lot. I started looking around. The blood I smeared on the doorway was still there but now that it was dried it just looked like dark brown paint. The table was clean and there was no sign of the tarp or the coyote. The ground where the hole was, was very soft. So I must have cleaned up and buried everything in there. Hanging from a string next to the squirrel head that I hung up from the ceiling where a couple of small bone fragments that I remember putting in my pocket the day before. It looks like I am starting a new collection. I felt really good about what I had found and remembered that I needed to burn the clothes I had bagged up from last night, so I headed home again.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:12 AM
No Tears Please...

Ok, so chapter 6 was long. I think I need to shorten the chapters and get more out of the book.

Special announcement for any reading this thing. The first draft is done. It feels really good. I plan on going over it and making some changes, maybe adding a little more character depth in places. What yall are getting a a very rough first draft. After I rewrite it I will send it off to my editor friend and see if we cant make it easier to read. *****AGAIN IM NOT AN AUTHOR*****

Thanks everyone, you'll continue to get regular updates.... even if none of you will give me feedback.

Jake
Old 01-23-2015, 12:16 PM
No Tears Please...

I an attempt to get some feedback on how I should try to publish in the near future I posted a poll. I would just like to know how many people think this would be something they would purchase. Im trying to figure out if I am doing this just for me, or if I should try to get it out there.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 AM
No Tears Please...

Chapter 7
There were some big changes in my life the next couple of weeks. Jennifer fell into a roll of basically teacher and nothing else. I continued my lessons without any of the fun we used to have. I changed my bandages every day and it seemed like the wounds were starting to heal. I was nervous about rabies but it appears to not be a problem. I kept it clean so that it wouldn’t get infected. Everything else just kept moving forward. I still wanted Jennifer to love me, and a part of me hated her for not even trying. I put so much effort into building a relationship with her. I thought we were going to be something really special.
I saw mother a couple of times, once in the kitchen getting a snack. She hugged me, but she looked like she had been crying for days. Her eyes were sunken into her head and there were huge black rings around them. Her cheeks were wet with tears and when she hugged me I could feel her bones through her skin. She smelled pretty bad, like she hadn’t showered in days. I was really worried about her but she refused to stay out of her room. She refused to spend any time with me at all.
“Im alone.” I said to myself in the mirror one boring afternoon. I tried to think about all of the things that had happened in my life in the last couple of years but everything just felt like a blur of images and false memories. I have been missing a lot of time lately. Sometimes I didn’t even remember having lessons. Most of the time I felt like a stranger in my own head. I could hear my voice telling me things. It almost felt as though I was teaching myself. When I would find a new creature to play with, I would fall into a feeling of absolutely wonder and perfection as I took it apart and examined every little bit of it. Although I knew I was alone, I felt like I was always with me. I didn’t need anyone else because I could disconnect and live inside my head.
Yeah, that worked sometimes, but I really missed spending more time with Jennifer. I still had hope even though I knew that it could never be. I still missed my mother’s occasional touch. But knowing that they were there made things a little easier to deal with.
I started to talk to people online to try and replace my time with Jennifer. But I realized that other kids my age had completely different interests. I wanted to talk about anatomy, and learn new methods. Knowing that I couldn’t tell people about my habit. I read a study once that said that killing animals could be a precursor to killing people. I have had some thoughts like that before, but I don’t think I could make the move to people. Although I am incredibly intrigued by the human body. I haven’t had much physical contact with people in a long time and I almost forgot how nice it is to feel a new person’s skin under my finger.
I started joining boards for college students looking to join the medical field and got some excellent research out of that. In my searching through different boards and following suggestions of people who I thought seemed like minded I stumbled into a snuff chat room. When I first opened the page I saw an image of a girl’s body on the floor, bloody coming from her neck, eyes wide open and a man was fucking her. I was immediately interested. I clicked through to the chat board and realized there are a ton of people talking about this stuff. I might have found somewhere that I can meet people who have the same mindset as me. I suddenly felt a lot less lonely, these people understood.
At first I just watched during almost all of my free time. I read as people laid out what they would like to do to each other. I was completely absorbed in learning more about these people. I read a ton of stories and loved to watch the seedy videos that this group put together. This managed to fill all of the pieces that fell out of my life when mother and Jennifer seemingly hated me.
I remember the first time I spoke on there very clearly. I was reading as two men spoke to a young lady about how they wanted to abduct her and force her into all of these different situations. They talked about how they would pick her up and where they would take her. They spoke about all of the things they wanted to do to her, and she loved it, she was following right along. After an hour or so of talking they came to the end and reached out to the board for ideas on how to dispatch her. I didn’t hesitate at all, I chimed in with “Tie her up by her ankles, run a sharp blade from her pussy to her neck. Make sure she can’t close her eyes so that she can see her insides pour out and over her face as she slowly fades out.” I smiled ear to ear as I received applause and props for my suggestion. I felt so proud of myself. I also felt like I would do anything to see that happen, to do it exactly as they did. I got up from the computer feeling tingly all over and day dreaming all of the things I had just read and slunk over to my bed. I have no clue what time it is, pretty sure it’s really early but I feel exhausted. I fell into bed in my clothes and slept hard.
I continued these afternoons and evenings on the computer. I started to interject more and more and eventually started coming up with ideas of my own and leading some chats. To everyone on the board I was Steven L, a 34 year old living somewhere in the Midwest. I kept everything I could about me under wraps. I am sure they would boot me if they knew how young I actually was, what place did a 12 year old have messing around with this kind of thing.
Some time had passed, I don’t know how much, most of my days were identical. I did make the occasional excursion out to the fort to add some bone fragments to my collection. I was getting pretty efficient at hunting and trapping small animals. And I still loved to watch them die, but now I had a new interest, one that I could share with a select group of people. Then one day I got up and went downstairs for my lesson and Jennifer wasn’t there. She wasn’t on time, nor did she come down at all. I sat in my chair and waited for 20 minutes. Then I decided to go to her room and see if she was ok. I said to myself “Maybe she’s sick, and she just forgot to leave me a note.” I walked upstairs and knocked on her door. Nothing, I called out “Jennifer, are you ok?” Still nothing. Feeling a little bit nervous I decided to go into the room. Thinking she might be in the shower, I didn’t want to just barge in so I went into the guest room next to hers to see if I could hear the shower. It wasn’t running and there was no sound coming from her room. I walked through the open bathroom door and into her bedroom. Out of my peripheral vision as I went through the bathroom I caught a glimpse of the counter and noticed that it was clear.
She was gone. She was completely gone. I fell into a panic and ran through the room. All of her clothes, her shoes, her books, everything had been cleared out. I couldn’t believe she left without saying anything to me. Tears started to roll down my cheeks when a voice rang out inside of my head “Shut the fuck up baby! She didn’t care about you, she probably hated your guts.” I shook my head “She loved me.” I said out loud. I noticed a small note pad on the bed with something written on it. I walked over to it a little shaken and not wanting to read it. But I picked it up and read through it paying close attention to all of the details and noting the sound of desperation in her writing.
Michael,
I know you’ll find this before anyone else does. I have left food for the rest of the week in the refrigerator, hopefully your mom will find someone to replace me by then. I know this is probably confusing to you, but I can’t get passed what happened. If you were older we would be together. I had such great times with you. But it is wrong, in so many ways. When you kissed me, I couldn’t restrain myself and I almost did something I would have really regretted. After thinking about it for the last few months and looking around at other opportunities I have decided to take a live in nanny job with a family on the West Coast. I’m sorry for leaving you like this, but I can’t be there anymore. Please tell your mother that I have gone and ask her to find someone new. Tell her I will not be needing my last check and that I wish her the best. I also wish you the best, I hope you can understand and find a way to forgive me.

You’re Friend,
Jennifer
Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 AM
No Tears Please...

I was lost, I felt something jerk in my chest and I felt my head spin a bit. I didn’t know what to think and I really didn’t know what to do. I sat on her bed and cried until my eyes hurt. I loved her with all of my heart and she betrayed me, she never loved me back. She must have just been playing me for the paycheck this entire time. I can’t believe I would let myself get fooled so easily. My vision blurred and went red, the world felt like a dream. I got up slowly, cheeks still dripping tears, and walked back through the room. The air felt like water, like it was hard to walk and everything moved slowly. My mind was racing though. I kept trying to think of ways to get back at her, but she was on the other side of the country. I wanted to kill something but I had nothing to kill. I stopped walking, took some real deep breaths and tried to clear my head. The haze pulled back slowly uncovering my vision. The liquid feel of the air started to melt away. I think I might be getting the hang of this, I might be able to control this.
After waiting for a little while and making 100% sure that I was thinking clearly, I headed back downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast and think about what I was going to say to mother. The house felt especially empty now, knowing that Jennifer wasn’t there. I was a little worried about myself, I felt something strange upstairs, like my mind was slipping a little bit. But I moved that to the back of my mind and scrambled myself up some eggs and made toast. I ate contemplating what to say to mother. She was going to assume that I had ran Jennifer off and she would be upset with me. How can I protect myself and make me look like the victim?
I sighed and decided that I needed to just go do it. I hadn’t seen my mother for a while, not sense our run in in the kitchen. I walked down the hall to the bedroom that used to be her and my fathers but was just hers now. I could smell the sadness and desperation as I got closer to the door. I hadn’t really thought about my father much sense the memorial, sense I decided that I didn’t care. But it seems like mom thought about him a lot, I could hear her weeping through the door. I stopped and collected my thoughts, knocking I said “Mom…” I waited a second and heard her moving around. An image ran through my mind of her rushing around the room to clean things up a bit before opening the door. Then I heard the knob move and the door creaked a little as it opened just far enough for her to see me. She said “What’s going on honey, everything ok?” I felt the tears welling up in the corners of my eyes. I said “I need to talk to you, something has happened.” A worried look came across her face. The pain that was already there along with the worry broke loose my tears. She watched silently as I cried. She opened the door the rest of the way and said “Come in my dear, it looks like you need me.”
I couldn’t remember the last time I had actually been in the bedroom. I looked around and noticed how completely ruined it was. The smell and the air was thick. The odor was ripe, and smelled like rotten food and urine. There was food piled all over the floor, in the corners and around the bed. The curtains where drawn tight on the huge floor to ceiling cathedral windows. The four post bed was dingy and the sheets and comforter looked like they hadn’t been changed in years. She had a TV on one wall with a small chair and table in front of it. There was a TV tray sitting next to the chair, which must be where she ate. The drawers to her dresser were left standing open. The door to the bathroom was open too, there was a terrible smell coming from in there. Luckily the room was pitch black and I couldn’t see inside.
Mother cleared a spot on a fancy little couch by the windows that I hadn’t noticed at first because it was covered in dirty clothes. She sat down and patted the spot next to her. I was trying to refrain from making any faces as the smells washed over me. I sat next to her and her eyes got big as she noticed the bandage on my arm she said “What’s happened to your arm little man?” I looked at her and said “Jennifer left over night last night, trying to change the subject. She left a note that just said that she had a great offer in Washington State and couldn’t pass it up. She apologized for how abrupt she left.” Mom closed her eyes for a second and said “You didn’t do anything to her did you?” I felt a little shocked, did she know something? I said “Absolutely not Momma, I cut myself playing in the woods, why would you think that?” “No reason Michael, just had a feeling that there was more to this.” She said. I guess mother’s instinct is a real thing. She gave me a hug and squeezed tight. It felt so good to be in her arms. She said “Its ok buddy, I will make some phone calls and we will find someone else to teach you.” I reluctantly said “Ok Momma, I guess that will work. Thank you, and I love you.” She smiled and said “I love you too little man, now get on out of here and let me make some phone calls. It looks like you get some time off.” I got up and walked out of her room, still smiling from the hug but feeling broken from the loss of Jennifer.
I spent the rest of that week playing on the computer, my toys and games left to figure out how to play by themselves. I thought a couple of times about going out to the fort and finishing the epic battle between the turtles and Shredder, I even went as far as to get dressed and my shoes on but just before going out I decided to just check and see if anyone was online. Then I got lost in that devious little world fantasizing about how much I would love to be involved.
I was responsible for feeding myself and getting in and out of bed, sense even though she knew I was alone, mother never came out of her room. One evening I went downstairs to make some dinner, and by that I mean put some pizza rolls in the microwave, and I saw a note sitting on the counter. My exploded, the first thought that shot through my mind was that Jennifer had changed her mind and come home. I ran over to the note and immediately recognized my mother’s perfect handwriting. It was short and to the point.
Michael,
I found somebody willing to move into the house and take over teaching you and cooking for us. She seems very nice. Her name is Edith and she should be here Sunday to move in. Please be respectful and show your manners.

Love,
Mom
Edith sounded like an old ladies name, I didn’t like the sound of that. I folded the note up and stuck it in my pocket. Looking at the calendar we keep stuck to the refrigerator, I said “Three days left to enjoy myself. This should be fun.” Just then the Ding went off telling me that my pizza rolls were done and I grabbed them and jetted back up to my room.
The following three days went by like a blur. I spent them all upstairs staring at the computer and registering everything that came across the screen. Every time I had a great idea, I would start a story line and wait for a couple other people to join in. I loved this, it was so satisfying. I started talking one on one to a couple of guys who were very nice and who played along with my fantasies. One of them, Johnny, seemed to come from exactly the same place I did. I told him every dark fantasy I had. He was the only person on this chat that knew my real age. I didn’t tell him anything else because I know better that to trust a stranger. We talked every day, he told me everything he dreamed of and I told him everything that came to mind. I even told him about my experiences with the animals, but I told him them as fantasies. I didn’t need him to think I was actually crazy.
As the days went on, the wounds on my arms healed to the point that I didn’t need the bandages anymore. The scars were going to be very noticeable though, the story I told mom about getting cut up in the woods should work to cover it though. It was so hard to resist picking at the scabs so that I could see that fresh blood underneath. But I restrained knowing that the more I messed with them, the harder it would be to cover them up. Plus Sunday was right around the corner and I wanted to look my best for Edith. I was still nervous about her, but only when I wasn’t distracted with my new game.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 AM
No Tears Please...

Chapter 8
Today was the day, I woke up nervous. What if she’s terrible? What if she hates me at first site? What if she doesn’t know how to cook? I got up and got myself showered and dressed. I put Band-Aids over my “cuts” and splashed on a little cologne. I went downstairs to make breakfast and wait, not having any idea what time she would be arriving. I munched down some cereal and decided to watch TV in the living room. I hadn’t turned the TV in the living room on in months if not years, having one in my room and the big projector in the media room made the living room TV seem pointless. But I sat on our huge couch and flipped through the channels trying to find something to kill the time.
I heard a knock at the front door, I must have fallen asleep for a couple hours trying to suffer through some of the disgusting drivel that comes out of the TV. I jumped up and straightened my clothes. As I ran to the door I stopped at the mirror by the coat rack in the foyer and checked my hair. Then I opened the huge door, a small woman in her 50’s was standing there a suitcase no bigger than a computer bag sitting on the stoop next to her. I smiled wide and stuck out my hand, “I’m Michael, you must be Edith.” She smiled sweetly and took the glove off of her hand in order to shake mine. She said “Well Michael, its wonderful to meet you. I suppose we will become good friends. Is your mother home?” I stepped aside and let her in. She came through the door and I offered to take her jacket and bag. She seemed really nice so far, she may not be as fun as Jennifer but at least she didn’t seem mean.
We walked to the living room and I showed her to the couch. She said “This is an amazing house Michael.” I nodded and said “Yeah, dad bought it for us a while before he passed away.” She frowned “Im so sorry Michael, I didn’t know.” I shook my head and said “Don’t worry about it, he wasn’t around much so I’m not sure it really affected me much.” She looked like she understood and dropped it. “Well I suppose I should meet your mother and have a proper introduction.” I was nervous about her seeing mother and her hiding place so I decided to tell her about it. “Well Edith, it is ok if I call you by your first name right ma’am?” God I’m good at being a good kid. She nodded and I went on “Mother is a very quiet secluded person. She only comes out occasionally, she will take most of her meals in her room. My father’s death as seriously affected her.” Edith seemed to understand but still said “Ok, but I really should meet her in person, its only right.” I went on to explain the condition that she is in and the condition that she lives in. I also warned her not to ask her about any of it because mother gets very defensive.
I asked her to stay there while I went ahead to tell mother that she was going to come and introduce herself. I’m sure Edith was very confused and somewhat concerned at all of this, but I had to protect my mother and make sure that everything went smoothly. I knocked on mother’s door and when she opened it I explained that Edith wanted to meet her. Mother said “That sounds good, I will meet her at dinner tonight.” I smiled a huge real smile and said “Your coming to dinner!?!” She laughed a little, god that was an amazing sound, and said “Yeah I’ll have dinner with you guys tonight, you know what I like, we will see how she can cook.” And with that she retreated back into her room presumably to get ready.
I returned to the living room to find Edith exactly where I had left her. I told her that mother was laying down and said that she would meet us for dinner. I asked “Would you like me to give you the grand tour and show you to your room?” She smiled that sweet grandmother smile and nodded her head again. I took her bag and led her through the main floor showing her the kitchen, mother’s library, the study, the media room, and the long hall that mothers room was at the end of. We went up the huge flight of stairs at the front of the house. I explained to her that I normally use the back door and stairs but this is the main one. I walked her through the halls for a moment showing her our 8 guest bedrooms and all of the beautiful art that the house was decorated with. She gasped and said “This is all so beautiful, I grew up in a very small little house.” I told her “I have been in this house for a long time, I don’t really like to leave the property. People make me nervous. Father bought 500 acres and I know all of them like the back of my hand.” She said “Well maybe I will have you take me around a bit sometime, I love to teach outside.” I think I could get used to Edith, I hope she stays this nice.
We walked down the hall that led to our rooms. I opened the door that belonged to her and showed her inside. She looked around in wonder. I walked across the room and tossed her bag gently onto the bed. I told her “You have your own bathroom and shower. This room connects to the guest room next door through the bathroom, but you can lock that door. Nobody has ever used that room.” Thinking back to the time I had watched Jennifer shower from that room. In the background of my daydream I heard Edith say “Michael, are you going to continue the tour or just stand there all day?” I shook my head hard and apologized “Im sorry Edith, this room brings back some memories for me, I don’t come in here much anymore.” She smiled and I stepped past her to continue the tour.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 AM
No Tears Please...

So far I pointed out every door we walked by but I tried to avoid the storage closet next to Edith’s room. It didn’t work, as we walked by she said “What’s in hear?” I turned around and told her “Oh, that’s just storage, we keep some cleaning stuff in there but mostly just junk.” She said “Oh I see, not important, onward!” We kept walking and I told her about how my father had passed away and the memorial and how beautiful it was.
We walked up to my door and I opened it. We stepped inside, I said “This is my room, I spend a lot of my free time between here and the woods outside.” I guess I kind of like to be alone.” She smiled and said, trying to sound cool “I can’t believe you have so much stuff, this is pretty cool.” I nodded my head “Yeah, I guess we have a lot of money and I just buy the things I want.” She walked around my room a little bit. As she moved passed my computer I noticed the monitor was on and the chat screen was open. She was looking at my TV and games, back to the computer. I walked over and pointed toward my bathroom, “You should see how big the bathroom is, it’s great.” She said “Oh” and started walking over to the door. After she moved away I slid in and flipped off the monitor real fast. She poked her head in and said “Oh my! It is huge. That shower…” and she trailed off, she turned around and said “Michael, are you ok?” I felt my face flush and my brow wrinkle “Yeah, Im fine, how come?” She said “There is quite a bit of blood in the sink in there, did you cut yourself?” I stumbled over my words a little. I didn’t remember any reason for there to be blood in there. I didn’t cut myself and I haven’t gone hunting in a while. “Yeah, I uh, I cut myself playing in the woods.” I held up my arm with the Band-Aids on it. She frowned “You have to be careful, the woods can be a dangerous place.” I laughed “Yeah, I tripped and fell on some barbed wire. There are a lot of old property lines out there and a lot of the fences have fallen over.” That should cover the lie pretty good. She looked like she accepted it and walked toward the door to leave.
As we walked downstairs and back to the kitchen I told her all of the things mom loved. I explained that she was responsible for meals and that she should always have things mother likes available just in case mother comes out to eat with us. But when she eats in her room like she does most nights, she just wants frozen dinners. No matter if she ate with us or by herself dinner was to be served at exactly 6:45 p.m. every night. Edith listened intently trying to absorb all of the information I was throwing at her.
When we got to the kitchen she thanked me and said “That was a great tour, I think we are going to get along just fine. I’m going to get to work, why don’t you go get cleaned up?” I said “Absolutely, I’m so excited mother is coming to dinner, you’ll love her.” She reached out to shake my hand and I gave her a big hug. I felt her tense up and then relax. I think she likes me.
I ran back upstairs and left her to cook. I felt pretty good about my new teacher, it seemed like we would get along fine. She might not be much to look at, but I guess that’s what the internet is for. That reminded me, I went to the computer and flipped the screen back on. There was a message waiting there for me from Johnny. It was a very detailed recollection of a dream he had the night before. I didn’t have time to read the whole thing now, but I would get to it later. Right now I needed to get cleaned up for dinner. Mother would want me to look my best, she would hate how I normally come to the table. I laid out a nice outfit, not to over the top but respectable. Stripping down I went into the bathroom to clean up and get ready. The water was warm and relaxing, I was feeling pretty good about things, not know that my subconscious mind was making plans and plotting behind my back.
After I was cleaned and fresh, I got dressed and went back down stairs. It was 6:30 when I strolled into the dining room. Mother wasn’t there yet, but she wouldn’t be until exactly 6:45, that is for some reason the only time she believes dinner should exist. Plus if she came early she might have to make small talk to a few minutes and I think that scared her. The Salad was already on the table and the smells flowing through the house were amazing. I couldn’t wait to eat and see if Edith could satisfy mother’s sophisticated tastes. I took my seat and waiting patiently in the silent room. I could here Edith moving around in the kitchen making sure everything was perfect.
A couple minutes later Edith came in with a beautiful Duck roasted to perfection, it smelled awesome. She brought in Yorkshire puddings, roasted herb carrots, and what looked like an exquisite bowl of red potatoes quartered in garlic and butter. I was really impressed. My mouth started salivating and I could barely resist digging in. She asked “What do you think?” I said “It looks perfect, I think mother will be happy.” She asked “Should I go get her?” “Oh no, don’t worry, she will be here at exactly 6:45 like I told you. She is a creature of habit.” I answered. Just then, mother walked into the room. I saw her out of the corner of my eye and immediately got to my feet. “Hi mother!” I said. She smiled at me and said “Wow, this looks great, well done Edith.” Edith smiled at her and just said “Thank you ma’am. That means a lot.” She pulled out mothers chair at the head of the table and slid it back in as she sat down.
Mother looked radiant, as usual. She took my hand and Edith’s and said “Why don’t we pray together?” I was a little confused by this, we had never prayed at the table before. She must have seen the confusion on my face because she said “Michael, I know this is new, but I am going through some things and I feel like I should try to bring faith back into my life. Do you understand?” I smiled at her and bowed my head. I don’t believe in God, or that there is anything after this life. I think that we only have this life and should enjoy it. But I would do anything to make mother happy.
We prayed, it was short and boring as most prayers are. Then Edith served me and mother and then herself. Everything was delicious. Mother complemented Edith on her cooking and said that it was better than Jennifer’s ever was, I completely agree. I could definitely get used to Edith being here. Mother said to her “Well Edith, tell us a little more about you.” Edith said “Gosh, there is a lot to tell, but I will keep it brief. I grew up in Vermont. Went to school to be a teacher, and got my degree. I taught for 20 years but got kind of bored with the classroom. I decided to try private teaching. Got a job with a family in Boston and taught their son for the last 9 years. He moved on to college and I was out of the job. And then, just when I was starting to get worried, you called. I love to teach, I never took a husband and didn’t have kids of my own so this gave me a way to have a family. That’s pretty much me in a nut shell.” Mother seemed pleased by this and said “Perfect, I think you’re going to fit in great here. We don’t expect a ton, just teach Michael and take care of grocery shopping and food. Otherwise we are pretty easy.” During this exchange I was shoving food down my throat, it was so good.
After we finished dinner, mother and Edith continued small talk and I offered to clear the table. I love acting like the perfect gentleman. I got all of the dishes cleared and rinsed them off before I put them in the dishwasher. With mother satisfied with Edith it looked like she was going to be permanent. I was still missing Jennifer, but it didn’t seem so bad now that there was someone else here. Maybe I only needed a woman in my life to take care of the essentials. When I was finished with the dishes I went back into the dining room. As I entered mother was standing to leave. Edith smiled and shook her hand. Mother turned toward me and nodded with a smile signifying that she was good and we would keep her. I returned the nod and walked over to give her a hug. She was the perfect specimen of a woman. So beautiful and her skin was so soft. She had lost a lot of weight but she still looked healthy. She smelled great and moved gracefully. I watched as she headed for the door and out of site.
Edith and myself sat and talked over a couple of glasses of milk and some cookies she apparently had time to make while creating that incredible feast. I said to her “Mother seems very happy with you, I guess we are going to be spending a lot of time together.” She said “Well how do you feel about that?” I thought for a second and smiled saying “Im happy, as long as you’re a good teacher, I think we will have fun together.” She had no idea what was going on behind the façade I was putting up. My mind creating and recreating her death. Although not entirely aware of it at the time, Edith would eventually be my first, and it was going to be a lot of fun. I held a pretty solid conversation with her and image after image of her dangling from the ceiling while I peeled her skin off danced through my imagination. I started to get excited, both mentally and physically. I decided that it was time for bed. Being very careful how I stood up, I shook her hand not wanting to hug her in my current state, and headed for the stairs. Everything seemed perfect, everything seemed to just want to fall into place. A sound in my head kept saying over and over again “I wonder what she feels like under that wrinkled skin.”
Old 02-04-2015, 02:05 PM
I am the turtle lord

Man you have a lot of air in you.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:09 PM
No Tears Please...

Im not sure what that means angle... Is that a good thing or are you saying I talk to much?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:12 PM
I am the turtle lord

Don't get offended. I'm the one who talks to much on here really.

That was stupid of me to say that in my last post.