#111  
Old 05-08-2014, 01:27 PM
lucioargento lucioargento is offline
lucioargento
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: leicester, uk
Posts: 3
Well nobody's gonna agree with this but I LOVE Cabin Fever 2! Well better than the first.
And that's my only one for me where the sequel is better than the original. Phantasm 2 does come close though.......
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM
MichaelMyers's Avatar
MichaelMyers MichaelMyers is offline
Horror Fan

 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Haddonfield, Illinois
Posts: 7,721
Exclamation

I believe Friday the 13th III to be superior to either of its predecessors.
__________________




I command by the power of Christ and the Gospel for this evil spirit that is inside this man or woman to come forward now and to face the judgment of God.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Jigsaw Killer Jigsaw Killer is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 579
I may like Paranormal Activity 2 slighty more than the first, I went through the series pretty recently and it held up quite well.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-10-2014, 05:17 PM
metternich1815's Avatar
metternich1815 metternich1815 is offline
Sometimes dead is better
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
I may like Paranormal Activity 2 slighty more than the first, I went through the series pretty recently and it held up quite well.
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

The first film was released in 2009. That's not that long ago. The reason I say that is that when people say something like "I went through the series...it held up quite well", that usually implies that it has held up good despite being old. Personally, I think the first was far and away the best in the series. The first two sequels were not pretty good, but the first was brilliant. The fourth one was terrible, the fifth was better than the fourth, but not as good as I expected. At least it did not take itself seriously. I think the fact they introduced time travel is evidence of that. Overall, it's not a bad series though.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Triombies Triombies is offline
Ghostface
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 9
Aliens.
Army of Darkness.
The Devil's Rejects.
Dawn of the Dead.

Last edited by Triombies; 03-01-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Jigsaw Killer Jigsaw Killer is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

The first film was released in 2009. That's not that long ago. The reason I say that is that when people say something like "I went through the series...it held up quite well", that usually implies that it has held up good despite being old. Personally, I think the first was far and away the best in the series. The first two sequels were not pretty good, but the first was brilliant. The fourth one was terrible, the fifth was better than the fourth, but not as good as I expected. At least it did not take itself seriously. I think the fact they introduced time travel is evidence of that. Overall, it's not a bad series though.

I liked them all and even 4 was better than I remembered. I find 1 and 2 are pretty close for my favorite of the series.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:07 PM
BloodSweatAndFears's Avatar
BloodSweatAndFears BloodSweatAndFears is offline
Little Boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
I liked the TCM remake in 03 best
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Jigsaw Killer Jigsaw Killer is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSweatAndFears View Post
I liked the TCM remake in 03 best

Not a sequel, though.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Jigsaw Killer Jigsaw Killer is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 579
The Purge: Anarchy is an instant addition to any superior sequels list. Totally blew away the original.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Giganticface's Avatar
Giganticface Giganticface is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
The Purge: Anarchy is an instant addition to any superior sequels list. Totally blew away the original.
I agree, it was better, but didn't think it was amazing. Entertaining though, and without the "no you di'nt" moments that made the original a bit hard to swallow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lucioargento View Post
Well nobody's gonna agree with this but I LOVE Cabin Fever 2! Well better than the first.
And that's my only one for me where the sequel is better than the original. Phantasm 2 does come close though.......
I like the original better, but agree the sequel is underrated, and really super freakin gross.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:57 AM.