Old 11-01-2016, 06:32 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
The quote from the book at goodreads.com makes it sound fairly cheesy. Is it like that?
As an older reader, there are lots of dead parts in here, but still disturbing and raunchy. Worth reading you can find a copy that's not too expensive.

UNTIL THE TWELTH OF NEVER-Bella Stumbo. VERY GOOD true crime about the combative divorce of Betty/Dan Broderick. Deals with the trauma everyone goes through afterwards and during...lots of contention that eventually ended when Betty shot Dan and his second wife in late 1989.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
As an older reader, there are lots of dead parts in here, but still disturbing and raunchy. Worth reading you can find a copy that's not too expensive.
Ok, thanks much.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:27 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Ok, thanks much.
You're Welcome!
Old 11-15-2016, 09:08 AM
Evil Dead

The Unnoticeables
by Robert Brockway

Meh. A light read. A great idea written without much effort. A beach book. 4/10

There are angels, and they are not beneficent or loving. But they do watch over us. They watch our lives unfold, analyzing us for repeating patterns and redundancies. When they find them, the angels simplify those patterns, they remove the redundancies, and the problem that is you gets solved.

Carey doesn’t much like that idea. As a punk living in New York City, 1977, Carey is sick and tired of watching the strange kids with the unnoticeable faces abduct his friends. He doesn’t care about the rumors of tarmonsters in the sewers, or unkillable psychopaths invading the punk scene—all he wants is drink cheap beer and dispense asskickings.

Kaitlyn isn’t sure what she’s doing with her life. She came to Hollywood in 2013 to be a stunt woman, but last night a former teen heartthrob tried to eat her, her best friend has just gone missing, and there’s an angel outside her apartment.

Last edited by TheBossInTheWall; 11-15-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost.

If you enjoyed the show I highly recommend it. If not then I wouldn't.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:39 AM
Little Boo

"Unsung Horrors" From the Editors of "We Belong Dead" Magazin

Just started reading this today. Received it just a couple of days ago. Am big into review books on horror films. This one is huge, some 446 pages and more than 200 reviews of genre films that have gone under the radar when it comes to acclaim, notoriety, popularity. It looks to cover decades of the 1920s right on through to 1979. I have to say it is a beautiful, coffee table sized book and a compelling read. I'm reading about a film I haven't seen in some 20 years, 1970's "The House That Screamed" with Lilli Palmer, and now I really want to see the film again! If anyone is interested, you can go to http://unsunghorrors.co.uk
for ordering. Don't think it's on Amazon or barnesandnoble.com yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14642063_10157512651560459_6529123003758306992_n.jpg (40.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-29-2016, 06:54 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev693 View Post
Just started reading this today. Received it just a couple of days ago. Am big into review books on horror films. This one is huge, some 446 pages and more than 200 reviews of genre films that have gone under the radar when it comes to acclaim, notoriety, popularity. It looks to cover decades of the 1920s right on through to 1979. I have to say it is a beautiful, coffee table sized book and a compelling read. I'm reading about a film I haven't seen in some 20 years, 1970's "The House That Screamed" with Lilli Palmer, and now I really want to see the film again! If anyone is interested, you can go to http://unsunghorrors.co.uk
for ordering. Don't think it's on Amazon or barnesandnoble.com yet.
Thanks for showing this...rather fond of books of this sort myself!
Old 12-03-2016, 07:48 AM
This is a test

TO BUILD A FIRE by Jack London

A short story about a man and his dog and his decision to trek to a camp in treacherously bitter cold weather.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
TO BUILD A FIRE by Jack London

A short story about a man and his dog and his decision to trek to a camp in treacherously bitter cold weather.
That is a great story.

THE CONQUEROR WORMS by Brian Keene...started this morning.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:59 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
That is a great story.

THE CONQUEROR WORMS by Brian Keene...started this morning.
Yes, I loved it. Made me so grateful I was tucked in and cozy! Just finished A KLONDIKE CHRISTMAS by Jack London. Yet another lovely tale.