Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Really? Who is the next supreme then?
To me, like I stated before, it just seems like its going to be revealed that its Zoe. She was the first character shown, shown that she had influence with fire and can bring people back from the dead. Plus she's the only character who hasn't come out and said they could be the next supreme or who hasn't been named as a potential. Plus she just seems like the obvious choice. Hopefully they'll surprise me though.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
How am i supposed to find a death scene tragic and worry about the characters when they all just keep coming back?
I'm having a bit of an issue with that too. Not only is each death only temporary, even Cordelia's tragic blindness has been cured. It definitely lessens the impact of each event.

Misty getting buried alive though -- that's pretty messed up.

Also, in general, I just don't think this season is as scary or shocking as the last two. There have been a few moments that compete -- episode 1 was straight brutal. Regardless, I still love the show and look forward to each episode.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
To me, like I stated before, it just seems like its going to be revealed that its Zoe. She was the first character shown, shown that she had influence with fire and can bring people back from the dead. Plus she's the only character who hasn't come out and said they could be the next supreme or who hasn't been named as a potential. Plus she just seems like the obvious choice. Hopefully they'll surprise me though.
You're not paying attention. Madison has made a couple of comments to Zoe about how she would suck as the supreme.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I'm having a bit of an issue with that too. Not only is each death only temporary, even Cordelia's tragic blindness has been cured. It definitely lessens the impact of each event.

Really? Where's Queenie then?

Plus, I think you guys are missing the point. They're exploring the concept of immortality, and the effects it would have on the soul. I loved the bit where the voodoo god couldn't make a bargain with Lange because she had nothing to bargain with.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Misanthrope

I didn't think much of that version of Rhiannon either... pretty badly off key in parts.

The second song she did sounded better and you could tell the first one was a bit messed up.

But yeah no biggie it's just an opinion.

Quote:
Madison has made a couple of comments to Zoe about how she would suck as the supreme.
Probably why it will happen. It'll be a disaster.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Cranky

You guys are probably right, but I'm enjoying the ride. I try to not have expectations about things, and just see where they go.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
You're not paying attention. Madison has made a couple of comments to Zoe about how she would suck as the supreme.
Someone saying she would make a bad supreme isn't the same as Zoe Stating that she could be the next supreme or Fiona incorrectly declaring her as such. I am paying attention.

Quote:
Really? Where's Queenie then?

Plus, I think you guys are missing the point. They're exploring the concept of immortality, and the effects it would have on the soul. I loved the bit where the voodoo god couldn't make a bargain with Lange because she had nothing to bargain with.
They made a point to have the girls state that the names of the dead werent released so Queenie could be alive especially since if she's dead that means Kathy Bates is unceremoniously gone from the show as who would find her?

Just because we don't like the way something is playing out doesn't mean were not getting the point. I understand that's what they're doing but its getting repetitive and boring. Its still good just lacking something and I personally don't find it as good as the other seasons.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
You guys are probably right, but I'm enjoying the ride. I try to not have expectations about things, and just see where they go.
It's definitely been entertaining so far. Bound to be some twists that prove everyone's theory wrong. This season has had more of them than the previous entries.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Cranky

Well, you can't really explore the concept of immortality without some characters that are immortal. Does it have less "impact" when the apparent death of a character turns out to not be final? Sure, in one traditional sense, but the death means something different in the long run. :scared to death:

This show has never done things the traditional way. They've always twisted things around and they're doing it again this season.

And they have addressed the issue of Zoe being the supreme. I can't recall the exact scene, but it was in an early episode, and ever since then the others have been trying to prove they're the next supreme. Zoe is a shrinking violet, so she doesn't push the issue. You guys may be right that she will be revealed as the one in the end. If so, I'll see how they handle it. The finales have tended to be a mess. We'll see what happens this time!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Misanthrope

I hope they sew Queenie and Delphine together