Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 03-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to radio667
I loved the movie ..but i also Love Romero's Dawn Of The Dawn , and to be honest - both are total different films - the only simliar points are the title , the mall ,and the phrase " when there is no room in Hell , the Dead will walk the Earth " - everything thing else is not a carbon copy that you would see in a standard remake ( case in point the remake of Psycho ) Charaters , plot twist ( i was waiting for the Cycle Gang to bust into the mall ) - hey even the Zombies were different - less like Frat Boys the morning after their first time on spring break , and more like really , really pissed off Homeless people on crack ...btw if you ask me - their was not enough blood and gore - i cant wait for an unrated director's cut on DVD - also i loved the ending ( i guess its some sort of unwritten law that Zombie films can not end on a high note , and this one was pretty crappy ..once again my cup of tea ;) ) also about the ending - very much a tribute to Cannibal Holocaust and Blair Witch Project ( filmed with a shakey hand held cam ) then Romero's vision of the Apocalypse .
Old 03-21-2004, 08:35 AM
wet fart

Re: THUMBS UP ON NEW DAWN/DEAD, for sure!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by conductor31
Man this was a fucken great movie, the only similarities it has with the orig. is the mall. I will have this for my collection, and I will go see it at least 1 more time in the theater. If you go see it stay for the credits, the movie continues (sort of ) till the names stop. I highhly doubt any horror fan will dislike this flick. 2 thumbs way up.
ughhh i wanna see it so bad

Nothing ever always x2
Old 03-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Undead

also - did anyone notice Tom Savini's cameo ? ( check out his web site - he goes on its chat room alot it seems http://www.savini.com/ ) and my vote for " straving actor " goes to the guy who was the lead in max headroom ...good god :eek: somebody give max a big mac or something - he looks like he was about to keel over and die ( and this was before they pull all that make up on him )
Old 03-21-2004, 10:46 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
i'll give my thumbs up (or down) once I see it. Right now I'm waiting too see if it's worth it! as most remakes suck ass!
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 03-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Deacon
I am an avid lover of the original Romero movies but I have to say that this one was one of the best zombie movies. There was more (case in point) horror! Terror lied in every corner and there was less time for your heart to recoup when there was another twist. I loved some characters and hated others. Most were developed perfectly not giving you too much but giving you enough to care and still wonder where these people came from.

walking out of the theater I talked to a few old school fans and talked to them about it and they all say it was by far better than the original. But i stick with the notion that they are 2 very different movies. My final verdict

New school kicked Old School in the nuts,
especially the zombies they were stronger and more driven not the techno dancing ones.

Puls I liked how they had Peter from the original say the ever famous phrase "When theres no more room in Hell the dead will walk the Earth" and of course Savinis cameo was great.

PS: I felt bad for Andy
Old 03-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Resident Vampiress

I just got back from seeing it for the second time........I just can't tell you enough how good it is. Steve had some good one liners, but I believe CJ was my fav. I also felt bad for Andy......he was cool.

You need to see this movie.

Idle hands may be the Devils work, but idle minds you see, are so much worse.....
Old 03-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Scares Little Kids

it dont come out over here in australia for ages... so i will have to wait, looks pretty cool although it'll have to work pretty hard to beat the first...
Old 03-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Fear scented candle

Anyone else notice Kevin's speech about wy they came to the mall? verbatem from the original

"Some kind of instinct. Memory, of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives. "
Old 03-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to Dark_Deacon
yeah there were a few phrases like that. and its kenneth lol.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Undead

yup