Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > Contributor's Corner

Old 09-17-2003, 05:24 AM
Cenobiter

Talking Looking for new writers for the site - movie reviews!

Hi everyone. We're hoping some new members will want to contribute movie reviews and other articles to the site. For many years, horror.com was a fanzine run by a few people who wrote all the articles, but with this new version of the site, we want to involve anyone and everyone who is interested in contributing.

If you have an interest in writing horror movie reviews for the site, let us know. We have several people already submitting and a few more who have said they will in the future, but the more the better.

We'll be posting up some more specifics on what we need and all that very soon.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Hey. I dropped in the site and I am impressed. It looks incredible. I write horror movie reviews quite frequently and would love to contribute if you would have me. I can send you some of my work if you are interested. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you some of my stuff. My name is of course Tony. I'm 22 and have been watching horror since age 4 as for a little bit of my horror background. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 09-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Cenobiter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony
Hey. I dropped in the site and I am impressed. It looks incredible. I write horror movie reviews quite frequently and would love to contribute if you would have me. I can send you some of my work if you are interested. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you some of my stuff. My name is of course Tony. I'm 22 and have been watching horror since age 4 as for a little bit of my horror background. Hope to hear from you soon!
Hi Tony - sounds cool. We are setting up a private forum for contributors to the site. I'll give you access and we can chat over there. You might already own every horror DVD known to man, but if not, you're over 18, so maybe we can send you DVDs for review too, if you're interested in that.

Check your PMs in a little bit for more info! :)

Anyone else who is interested, please feel free to let us know too.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Evil Dead

Thanks horror. I used to be a journalism major (until I took a break from college) so writing really interests me. I would love to learn more about contributing and begin when and if you want me to. Send me more info on how everything works. Hope to start working with you soon.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:30 AM
opera13

Talking

I would love to be involved as well! Please send me more information on how I can send in my reviews...pretty please...come on ..I asked nicely :)
Old 09-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Prosper761

Hey there. Found your site by accident. I used to be a the film critic for PhillyOut.com, until they went defunct. I am an avid horror fan and have writtnr two horror screenplays, one of which was recently optioned by an independant production company in Canada. i would love to take part in your site. Please contact me with teh details. I have planty of sample review to submit for your consideration.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Hellraiser

Hi,
I'd be interested in writting reviews, I have no experience in writting reviews unless you count old school book reviews, I've always wanted to review movies and horror has always been my favorite genre. If you have any interest in a rookie writting for you site just let me know.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:13 AM
Cenobiter

Thanks everyone. I just sent some more PM's to those who replied to this thread recently!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:45 AM
Evil Dead

What movies do we need a review for next?
Old 09-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I write reviews for my own small website (pretty much for my own enjoyment) and I would love to be a part of something bigger. E-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what's up. I'll be able to send plenty of examples if need be.