Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2004, 12:09 PM
a people person

Quote:
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
Bad use of CG in this movie, that's not why I hate it though.

I hate it because it was a boring piece of shit. The dialogue was typical matrix style but they took out most of the action and replaced it with flying through the air like a fairy bullshit.

This is Matrix Revolutions

Neo: What is the matrix?
Oracle: I believe you already know the answer
Neo: Why am I here?
Oracle: You will know, when the time is right
Neo: "Insert more redundant crap"
Oracle: "Insert some vague shitty response"

Enter crappy looking CG waves of drones that get blasted away by those mechwarrior rip off type things. I can't stress how boring this part was.

Trinity dies *First good part of the movie

Neo and Smith have the most drawn out fight scene ever, I never thought a fight could be so boring.

Neo dies *last good part of the movie
ok sorry about that i can see why you dont like it at first i thought you where just ardueeing to arguee. but i guess its just the way you see it its a matter of opinion i thought it was ok but i did like the first one more also
Old 05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
That fucking Guy...

I personally thought 2 & 3 could have been compressed into one "a little longer than average" movie that may have been better than both of them....that way they might not have totally run out of ideas for their gunplay scenes - I mean, upside down??? You just knew the bottom got scraped for that one. That's the one part about #3 that annoyed me the most, just left me thinking "whats the point?" It's not as though the bad guys were even making themselves harder to hit that way, or really giving themselves an advantage, they were JUST upside down.
I didn't mind the mechs, although I was left wondering why better preparations werent made in Zion "just in case" I mean, if EMPs can take them down or disable them, you'd think they'd put them in and around their city as well as in their ships in the event that the war they'd all "been waiting for" happened... anyway...
Didn't much like the whole dbz style thing, I think that smith and neo had their best fight in the first film...
I didn't hate the 2nd and 3rd films, but I have to say that I didn't enjoy either of them half as much as the first one...they just didn't have the "feel".
Nice resolution at the end of #3, but then again, I was good to go with the QUESTION MARK resolution in #1...
Old 05-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Post-Moderation

Agreed on the upside down fight. That WAS lame, i enjoyed the mech battle scene tho. I thought that was pretty well done, dispite being despised CG:rolleyes:
Old 05-10-2004, 12:55 PM
a people person

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Agreed on the upside down fight. That WAS lame, i enjoyed the mech battle scene tho. I thought that was pretty well done, dispite being despised CG:rolleyes:
ya there wasnt even a point to a fight there anyway let alone the upside down thing
Old 05-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Banned

Preston/Brandt fight from Equilibrium > Neo/Smith fight from Matrix Revolutions

ah, hell, Preston/Brandt fight > Matrix Revolutions period
Old 05-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
The movie was a big smelly piece of shit. It's best to just forget any questions you have about the movie and forget about the matrix.
I second that.

All 3 movies sucked. Most people then refute that with "You just didn't get it!" No I got it, and it sucked.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Why'd it suck?
Because YOU say it did?
What are you, about 6 years old, man??
It's called a movie DISCUSSION for a reason. In order for one to adequetly discuss, shouldn't they have a basis or explanation for such statements?
I'd be interested in hearing why.

I hope you don't take my statements to heart - I wouldn't wanna think you were a stupid DICK or anything...
Old 05-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

You spend millions of dollars on a movie and the plots suck, the acting sucks, the fight scenes suck, boring and dry, not to mention the same lines are reiderated every 10 minutes in all 3 movies.

"Why am I here?"

"Because you choose to be."

"How will I know when I'll be there?"

"You will know, because my foot will be up your ass."
Old 05-10-2004, 08:39 PM
a people person

Quote:
Originally posted by Evis™
, the acting sucks
are you crasy kenue was god in bill and ted

"something is afoot at the circle k"

you just cant beat that
Old 05-11-2004, 03:42 AM
That fucking Guy...

OK Evis...thanks for explaining.
I agree with you on the recycling of lines...
I myself didn't much mind the plot of #1 at all - although I DID think it more than slightly resembled "dark city" which IMO was a superior film.
I am NOT a fan of the sequels - I guess they musta thought "when plotline fails, confuse 'em".
The fight scenes - like I said before, again, the first was the best, the 2nd one had one "ok" fight scene...if that was the one with the asian guy on the tables...
I've often said that I think the first film would have had more of an impact if just left without sequels - but, there's always gotta be a cash-in right?
I enjoyed the ideas in the animatrix, and thought that some of those short films out-did the last 2 movies. The "2nd renaissance"
ones were definately the best thing the guys had done since the first film...