Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
I think horror is on un upswing, but the big budget movies are still mostly shit. It's really the underground that's getting better, and foriegn movies from places like Japan, England, and France.
Agreed. The only decent horror movies ive seen within the past 2 years have been from england or japan. Hollywood has quite simply run out of ideas, thus the remakes.

Quote:
what's the point of the MK pic?
That confused me as well.:confused:
Old 02-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Quote:
Originally posted by MONSTER DAD
My problem is that your big budget horrors are turning to CGI. Now that's not all bad. But the imagination of greats such as Stan Winston, Jim Henson etc is being put on the back burner. I'd hate to see that happen.
I love Jim Hensen he was amazing. I was only thinking yesterday while watching Labyrith that they just don't make movies like that anymore!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Cult_King
I think that modern horror movies give more of a sense of hopelessnes and the villians being unstopable.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Rabidog

i'm just glad the trend of the teen "horror" flicks ended (ie Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, etc, etc).... glad to see hollywood is starting to show a little more graphic horror.

still, it will always be in the underground where the real horror is made.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Quote:
Originally posted by Rabidog
i'm just glad the trend of the teen "horror" flicks ended (ie Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, etc, etc)....
Well they sorta are still going - Rapid Heart Pictures is still produing the 'teen' type no gore horror movies with those video covers with the young good looking (apparently) cast's faces on.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:22 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
We have had a handful of good ones this year and a few medicore ones, but I think the reason is is because they are going back to the old formula which we all love.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
The Jesus of Suburbia

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkwingMantis
I think that ppl will always think things are on a downswing for the fact that for every good horror movie that comes out, hollywood will try to "Recreat the Magic" 30 or 40 times and screw up the genre. Look at Zombies. 28 Days Later. And I know Im gonna get flamed repeatedly for this but I loved the first scream, but they stomped the genre into the ground,set it on fire, Pissed on it, ate it then shit it out and pissed on it again. For every good movie, one hundred bad one will be made! But I guess thats why we hold the good ones in such high regard

Old 03-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Evisceration
The only thing that I liked about Scream was that it was something new that actually was somewhat interesting. Then the sequal came out and it made me hate the first with a passion.

And I agree, the movies that came out this year were better than any of the others release in the past 5 years or so. Even though they are remakes.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:33 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
I don't know about liking the remakes. I kinda like the old adage: If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I guess maybe that I'm scarred after the 90's version of NOTLD. Of course there was the remake of "The Ring," and I enjoyed that tremendously.

Hopefully this down trend will turn into something incredible. Am crossing my fingers.