Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Undead

I absolutely loved Sleepy Hollow. Sure, it wasn't exactly scary, but it was amusing and creepy. Tim Burton can do no wrong by me, though.

Tim Burton+Johnny Depp+Danny Elfman's Music+bloody deaths=Very Happy Macabre_Maiden!

"Unpleasant dreams..." ~Elvira
Old 02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Evil Dead

Okay

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
does anybody read this?

i thought that it was cool. thought that burton did a good job.

i'm ready to see burton's directing style on willy wonka and the chocolate factory. jonny depp is rumored to play willy wonka. another rumor is that marilyn manson will play willy wonka too. nothing against manson or anything but i wouldn't want to see him as willy wonka.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Chop! Chop!

Depp should be Wonka.

I love sleepy hollow, because you really don't know when to laugh or be creeped out. I love that dark feel he adds.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
I disagree (gayness?), but at leaast you put some thought into your reasons. I can respect that. I always loved tim burton, especially since Danny Elfman is the reason i wanted to get into film scoring back in high school. (Got accepted to the wrong college for that, so i took time off from school and went into writing instead of music....Damn Berkley.....)

I liked sleepy hollow. Very weird. Christopher Walken was godamn scary looking. And who hasnt wanted to see casper van dien cut in half since starship troopers? Everyone else in that movie did..
okay heres what im talkin about. if you look at truely great directors like oh scorsese (sp?), ridley scott, coppola, etc. youll notice that these directors succeed again and again using different styles and ideas. I feel that burton uses the "spooky" thing as a crutch. Im telling you watch from hell and sleepy hollow back to back, if you compare the creepiness factor between the two burtons style just seems so childish, at least to me anyways. i just got tired of all the buildings with impossible proportions and all the goofy "pumpkin king" style scarecrows.

and fuck man i love elfman as much as the next rabid horror fan but if i have to hear the london boys choir one more fucking time im going to lose it. seriously im not seeing anything new from either both elfman or burton, and seeing that i do feel that both of these men are quite gifted, that kinda bothers me.

Last edited by nightbreed; 02-16-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Evil Dead

oops
Old 02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by nightbreed
okay heres what im talkin about. if you look at truely great directors like oh scorsese (sp?), ridley scott, coppola, etc. youll notice that these directors with succeed using different styles and ideas. i feel that burton uses the "spooky" thing as a crutch. Im telling you watch from hell and sleepy hollow back to back. if you compare the creepyness of from hell to sleepy hollow, burtons style seems childish (at least to me anyways). i just got tired of all the buildings with impossible proportions and all the goofy pumpkin king style scarecrows.

and fuck man i love elfman as much as the next rabid horror fan but if i have to hear the london boys choir one more fucking time im going to lose it. seriously im not seeing anything new from either both elfman or burton, and seeing that i do feel that both of these men are quite gifted, that kinda bothers me.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:18 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by nightbreed
okay heres what im talkin about. if you look at truely great directors like oh scorsese (sp?), ridley scott, coppola, etc. youll notice that these directors succeed again and again using different styles and ideas. I feel that burton uses the "spooky" thing as a crutch. Im telling you watch from hell and sleepy hollow back to back, if you compare the creepiness factor between the two burtons style just seems so childish, at least to me anyways. i just got tired of all the buildings with impossible proportions and all the goofy "pumpkin king" style scarecrows.

I find it impossible to argue with you. Not because i 100% agree, but i do for the most part, and you listed Ridley Scott as one of the greatest all time directors, so to me, you are a saint. He has done plenty that i wouldnt watch, but what would the world be without alien? Or even blackhawk down?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Evil Dead

I liked this one, not my fave by him though.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Donny

I love Tim Burtons style and i love this film, i have it on dvd.