Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-12-2004, 04:06 AM
Fear scented candle

Finally saw freddy vs Jason....

I know there are 100 threads on this movie, but my 2 cents... not great, not bad, predictable ending, at least it gave us tit-shots, which is more than most horror flicks give us these days...

I was NOT impressed with Ronny Yu. he strikes me very much as trying to be the "John Wu" of horror flicks, and I dont care for John Wu
Old 02-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Misanthrope

Freddy vs Jason fucking rocked man! I think it was the best horror movie produced recently. It was great I felt like I was back in the 80s again (trashy acting, predictability, super violence).... and any movie with Katherine Isabelle naked in the shower gets my vote for pure cinematic geinus! I don't really see the comparision between John Woo and Ronny Yu both have very different styles.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Banned

Please, the movie would be WAY different if Yu were trying to be Woo (Wu?).

First of all, either Freddy or Jason would be wearing a Trench Coat. Freddy would wear sun glasses. The movie would happen differently, too. It would go more like, Exposition, scene with doves, teen stuff, teen stuff, action scene, doves, action scene, doves, doves, false climax action scene, teen stuff, doves, real climax, someone jumps to the side whilst shooting 2 9mm handguns at the same time, denoument action scene, doves, credits, maybe some credit cookies featuring doves.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:15 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Yu did a better job with Bride of Chucky in my opinion. Not that I didn't enjoy F Vs J as I loved it but I don't like some of the weird angles and some of the bizarre tints used on some scenes but that's just me being picky and prefering my slasher shit straight forward!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Misanthrope

I liked the weird angles and tint it gave it a overblown excessive effect just a good cheesy, no holds barred, comic book style fun movie you don't have to take to seriously. It makes a great change from most of the hollywood garbage that just takes itself to seriously that shit just gives me a fuckin headache.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:23 AM
Fear scented candle

It was the flashy angles and random slow-mo that made me think of john what's his face. I just dont care for it. As far as it being a throwback, yes, yes very much, and I agree that the nudity added quite a bit to it, especially since they pg-13 the living shit out of everything these days.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Evil Dead

I only recently saw it as well... I liked it more than I thought I would. It was good, cheesy fun.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Haunted33

Talking Freddy vs. Jason

I really enjoyed the movie. Much more like the old Horror flicks of my Generation. I am a late 70's early 80's movie goer. I bought it as soon as it came out.

I think part of the reason I enjoyed it so much is that I got to see it the way I used to see most horror flicks....AT THE DRIVE-IN!!

I wish more of the old drive-in's would open again. It is still the best way to see a good scary movie. Outside surrounded by tall trees!!

Being a major Horror nut I scare some of my children's friends when they walk into my house. Especially the office. I have many different man made skulls that grace the bookcases 365 days a year. I also have Chucky and Tiffany dolls and Jason, Freddy and Michael Myers dolls that sit on top of the book shelves. Not to mention all of the gargoyles and strange and different candle holders all over the office. Needless to say I also have most every horror book from classics to recent on the shelves.

It is the place I spend most of my time and I feel most comfortable being surrounded by all these things that I loved growing up and still enjoy to this day.

I hope more of the Horror movie makers go back to the old style.... Sex(and nudity), Drugs(and alcohol), and graphic carnage and mutilation!!

I even have my own Horror Movie rack which is filled with many VHS and DVD's which my teenage neices and nephews borrow from constantly and we also have horror movie nights which we theme. Freddy night, Micheal night, etc. And watch all of those movies in order from first to last.

Have a wonderfully scary weekend!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:04 AM
Misanthrope

Heh :) That's really cool good to see an die hard horror fan its a pity there's not more out there.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Freddy vs Jason fucking rocked man! I think it was the best horror movie produced recently. It was great I felt like I was back in the 80s again (trashy acting, predictability, super violence).... and any movie with Katherine Isabelle naked in the shower gets my vote for pure cinematic geinus! I don't really see the comparision between John Woo and Ronny Yu both have very different styles.
not to break it to you dude but that wasnt Katherine Isabella naked in the shower it was a double sorry