Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife_fight View Post
We watched V/H/S the other night. It was ok. It's hard for me to get over my prejudice against the "found footage" style.
Which stems, I would guess, from an early distaste for Blair Witch?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Savages (2012)\

>>: C

ParaNorman (2012)

>>: B-

The Last Exorcism (2010)

This is my 2nd time viewing and this time it turned out lot better. I guess the reason first time I didn't like it much was the crappy camera print quality. I didn't quite follow it then. Anyway, thanks to V for his sincere recommendation. Interesting story with a good cast & they pulled it nicely. Looking forward to see the sequel.

>>: B+
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Scares Little Kids

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)

Next: Hatchet
Old 03-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Stitches

nice little old school slasher with some inventive kills

Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Midnight toker

The Watch: Seen so many negative reviews about this movie but just dont see it myself. Its not a cinematic masterpiece, but its really easy to watch and proper funny. Jonah Hill steals pretty much every scene, but Richard Ayoade, Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn all put in solid performances.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Stitches

nice little old school slasher with some inventive kills

HA!

Now I really need to see that - The clown reminds me of the clown on Psychoville... Except with more killing...

Sinister (2012)

Finally got around to watching this and I have to say that I was absolutely impressed. Honestly, going in, this movie had two things against it:
  1. I thought that Insidious was 1/3 brilliant and 2/3 awful... And that 2/3 was really just awful.
  2. Ethan Hawke - While I honestly don't have an issue with him, I am usually turned off by horror movies with "names" in them as they tend to be Blockbusters, pull punches, and etc...

Wellll... I had no need to worry because I honestly found this movie genuinely creepy, suspenseful, and it honestly scared me (been a while since I've been that scared of a horror movie).

What I thought made it successful...

******HERE BE SPOILERS******

• The "found footage" of the killings - Honestly I haven't seen a lot of Killer's POV horror movies (yes I know they exists; just never thought I'd enjoy them), so I found these absolutely horrifying and just plain disturbing... The images really haunted me and made me slightly sick.
  • The sound effects and music - While overpowering at times, I thought that the folly work and music really added to the tension (but they didn't feel cheap and gimmicky) - They felt dark, ominous, and looming - You know that something really awful is going to happen, you just know it...
  • The Demon - After the Insidious catastrophe and the silly images of the Demon you see in previous, I was concerned - It's hard to make believable demons; Paranormal Activity got around it through clever parlor tricks and this movie got around it through mis-direction... I do like that it created expectations in the viewer and I thought that the "twist," though I did see it coming, was still really horrifying.
  • The End - Didn't pull any punches. The end was brilliant, perfect, and horrifying. If it had ended any other way I would have been pissed... But, nope, perfect horror ending.

****HERE END THE SPOILERS****

Would like to know what you guys thought - In my opinion, it was one of the best horror movies of last year and was legitimately scary... But I avoided reviews on this site because I didn't want to come into it with expectations... Did you guys like it?

4.5/5

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Living Dead

Personally no. I know people who do and who were scared, but it just didn't leave an impression on me.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Wellll... I had no need to worry because I honestly found this movie genuinely creepy, suspenseful, and it honestly scared me (been a while since I've been that scared of a horror movie).
Honestly I found it generally creepy myself. It didn't scare me per say, but while I was watching it I definitely felt the creepy factor oozing over me at times. I guessed how the events and story would play out about 15 or 20 minutes in and as usual I was correct, so while it wasn't anything new, it was a pretty decent movie that joins that rare group of films that do actually give me the creeps.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Banned

M.I. 4 Ghost Protocol

Apparently Tom Cruise wants to be James Bond

fun movie though
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM
BOOGEYMAN'S BACK !!!

That's right all of them, plus 1 !!!

Still love them !!!

I can't wait until my little ones can have nightmares !!!

Awful I know, but just look how wonderful I turned out !!! :D

First two lines that should come out of your mouth towards your lady, after a long day at work ! :eek:
JK :p
I ain't afraid of NO GHOST! OK, maybe just a little!

Tags
movie