Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-01-2012, 01:35 AM
For Vendetta

II
I
IV
III

...in that order. I thought III was a letdown.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
That fucking Guy...

...You just posted a link to this thread...

I only saw all of these about 3-4 years ago.
Very strange movies. Cool musical score and they were quite atmospheric, very dream like (no pun intended).
Honestly some of the weirdest horror films I'd ever seen, though always with a pretty interesting storyline and "villain".
Was #4 the time travelling type one where you saw the tall mans past?
Yeah I didn't much go in for that.
I think they were all pretty decent though.

It's too bad if there isn't/won't be a fifth...the old guys clock has to be ticking away...
Old 07-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Evil Dead

My bad, I was multitasking and must've gotten the links mixed up, here's the correct link: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/562...tasm-5-reality

You're correct about 4, that was the one. I quite like that entry, even though it is definitely strange.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:23 AM
From The Beyond

Agree it was a great series of films hope a fifth one does get picked up by someone.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Hellraiser

The original Phantasm will always be a favorite of mine. When the Tall Man is chasing after Michael spooks me out everytime.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post

Agree it was a great series of films hope a fifth one does get picked up by someone.

there's been talks recently about it, I think :)
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
From The Beyond

Are these definite or rumours? I don't want to get my hopes up but that would be amazing if it's true.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Evil Dead

nothing seems overly concrete from what I read last time but it seems Coscarelli and co. definitely want to try to get it made.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 AM
Evil Dead

Phantasm II

Does anyone else agree this movie is the best of the Phantasm series? It's my personal favorite Horror series and while I love all four of them, I think 2 is easily the best. It's just like how Aliens compares with the first Alien movie, it's a wild and inventive action ride in the same universe of the original movie. I've seen this movie countless times and it's always manages to be incredibly entertaining and rewatchable. It's probably my favorite Horror movie ever and I've seen tons of them. It never gets old for me and you can tell that with the bigger budget he was given, Don Coscarelli was able to take his creation to new heights and explore it in ways he couldn't in the original due to the small budget he had. I can't wait for the Blu-ray coming out next month, it sounds like a true dream come true.

Who else agrees it's the best of the series? As I said before, I adore all four movies and with all due respect to the original which is a classic and a staple of 70s Horror, I always felt Phantasm II was the crowning achievement of not only the series, but also Don Coscarelli's career.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Midnight toker

Phantasm I is the best of the series for me, easily. Second movie is great fun and its easy to see it had the budget that the other movies lacked, but if I'm being totally honest, Coscarelli seems like he's at his best when he has less of a budget to swing around. He gets more creative and and the story often shines through more. Phantasm II is awesome and great fun and definatley the easiest of the 4 to watch, but for me the first will always be the best movie, followed by both the second and fourth... and the 3rd, well, that is in a league of its own.