Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Hellraiser

My Dark Art & Site

Hey all,

I have some art and desktop/wallpaper pics. Also, some of what I do at work...

Click here for my Site and Artwork

If you visit it, thanks for taking the time and I hope you enjoyed it.

Shrine
Old 11-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Evil Dead

Holy Shit!

Wow, man -- that is fantastic work! Quite chilling . . . like a very streamlined cross between Giger and Potter with a touch of acid. ;)

Very, very nice. My favorites: "Hate Breeders" and "Architect of Flesh" (holy SHIT, that would have made one killer cover for my first novel) . . . .

Keep up the great work,

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 11-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Hellraiser

Thank you very much!

Thanks so much James for the kind words. If you ever want to use any of my images, feel free. I have higher res images if you need them. If you want a custom design specific to your novel, let me know what you need and I will be happy to do it for ya. I just visited your site. I am going to start looking for your latest book "The Wicked". The reviews are great, so I must find it now.

Thanks again.
Kevin
Old 11-23-2003, 07:47 AM
Disposable Teen

Send a message via AIM to Deamona Send a message via Yahoo to Deamona
not for your age... ( my opition)

hail,
well, i tought at first the is was nice but when i saw your age, it was like ... NO way.. spice it up a while, i didnt find any meaning in your pictures, no hidden symbologie, or it was way too hidden,
Old 11-23-2003, 08:53 AM
Hellraiser

Meaning and age?

Uhm, why does art have to have meaning? And when did it have age limits? Just my opinion wondering.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:52 AM
Evil Dead

Nevermind

I still think your stuff rules, Shrine. :)

Ever thought about getting your work out there to some of these small-press publishers (or hell, doesn't even have to be small-press)? I'll bet they'd love your work for hardcovers and stuff . . . .

Keep up the great "meaningless" work.

J.N.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:21 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

this is what I call the works, it rules, I like it
even set the Architect of Flesh as a wallpaper, what the fuck is with the age thing, cause he's 29 doesn't mean he can't do it
damn, just look at clive barker, he makes awesome shit, sometimes without meaning

your avatar rules to man, love it
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 11-23-2003, 12:58 PM
Disposable Teen

Send a message via AIM to Deamona Send a message via Yahoo to Deamona
not "meaningless"

just that when i got into art stuff etc i saw that each art, in what ever form represtns something, doesnt shrinks do the same? try to find oiut about your mind via pics? each pic/art whatever, on my point of view represents a state of mind. so, although there is no age limit, there are age themes, havent you ever thought that your art might hide something that you dont know?
Old 11-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Hellraiser

Hey Deamona,

I understand what your saying. I often wonder why I do the things I do. I have a reason for most pieces though, and some I just let develope the way they do, sort of evolve. I know they mean nothing to some people, and thats fine. But as long as they mean something to me, thats all that matters. If someone gets something from my work, thats a bonus.

A famous artist (i dont remember who) was asked...

"What is art to you?"

He replied...

"I dont know, but if I ever find out, I will stop creating it."

You may already be familiar with the Dada movement of the early 20's and 30's. The Dadaists, started the movement to make one simple point - that art can mean absolutely nothing. It was a stab at the Symbolists. They were tired of people always looking for meaning in art. Some of the fathers of the Dadaists, were Salvador Dali, Max Ernst, and Marcel Janco. Because of Dadaism, Surrealism was born, as well as modern masters like Dali. All of that, from nothing.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my site and dig into my work. I appreciate feedback, good or bad. When I was in college, we had critiques almost everyday in one class or another. My skin is thick. It would appear that you really looked into my work, and I dig that. I had pieces censored/banned from several shows here, due to subject material. Even in highschool, I had pieces removed from shows. Mostly, because of religious or politcal views that they felt were threatened by my work. Though I was mad, I accomplished more than I had set out for. I was making people think. I just created them because I liked them, but they represented more to some people. Much more. Im willing to bet though, some people that saw those pieces before they were removed, felt nothing. Thats fine too. Thats art.

take care Deamona, and see you on the boards.
Old 11-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Evil Dead

"Meaning"

IMO, the best symbolism in art -- whether said art is visual, prose, etc. -- is when it isn't *forced*. 99% of the time, it seems, when a writer or artist tries to deliberately fill his work with symbolism, the final product ends up feeling contrived and maybe even a bit pretentious.

Just my $.02. But what do I know.

J.N.