Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2006, 02:01 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Has anyone seen Cannibal Holocaust???

I've never seen it..... but I hear it is brutal. I can't rent it anywhere. Is it worth buying???
Old 10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloader View Post
I wouldn't recommend watching it. There's nudity in it, but NOT the kind you would want to see.

so you wouldn't shoot a load over it?

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
ya you would. raping chicks with rocks gets you off.:p

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Meet the other half.

Send a message via MSN to Spallalala Send a message via Yahoo to Spallalala
IMO...BAd bad movie which no one should see.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:52 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Cannibal Holocaust is one of those movies that you'll probably watch once, just to see it, and then never have any urge to watch ever again. For that reason, I don't recommend buying it, but I know Netflix has it so there's one option for renting it. Plus, I think they give you like your first 2 weeks free so you could sign up, get CH & then cancel and never even have to pay anything.

Just be aware of what you are getting... Very graphic violence against men, women and animals. (Not like the Evil Dead or Dead Alive fun kind of splattery violence either. This is the fucked up kind.) There's 3 or 4 live animals being killed, 3 or 4 different rape scenes and 1 very graphic castration.

Whether or not you should see this really depends on what you are looking for in a movie. If you want a lighthearted popcorn flick, then no, definately not. If you are looking for one of the more hardcore exploitation films out there, then yes.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Undead

If you hop on over to CDWOW, you can get the new grindhouse special edition for only £8.99. It's the Australian version which comes in slightly different packaging (more stylish than the american release) but the disks are identical.

The film is good IMO. It's brutal, but a good film. The grindhouse edition has an option of watching the film with the animal cruelty scenes skipped (even though I do not condone watching cut films, this is a handy option for this film).

Also, it has an excellent documentary and interviews on the second disk. These are worth the price of the set alone, as love it or hate it, CH is a landmark title in the horror genre. So, even if you only watch the film once, you may well give the second disk multiple viewings.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
(Not like the Evil Dead or Dead Alive fun kind of splattery violence either. This is the fucked up kind.)
The Evil Dead/Braindead style of splatter sucks.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Evil Dead

i bought cannibal holocaust and quite liked it. its not a 'fun' horror by any means but what do you expect with a name like that? although i liked it i have to admit i've only watched it once in 3 years of owning it. i have similar feelings about The Passion... in some ways. i agree, if you can watch it for free , do so. the same goes for The Mountain Of The Cannibal God and Cannibal Ferox. i bought these when they became 'unbanned' in britain. probably bought them for equal parts my being a horror fan and intrigue at why they had been banned. (i believe roggerio deodato was arrested on the release of C.H. while the movies authenticity was examined; this may or may not have been a marketing ploy)
Old 11-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Misanthrope

I heard this flick was REAL! What the fuck?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Undead

Actually, this new grindhouse release has a whole section within the documentary devouted to the censorship of the film, and the events surrounding Deodatos arrest. It's very interesting stuuff. Basically, as a publicity stunt, the actors were asked to sign a contract saying that they will 'dissapear' from the industry for a year after the films release. When Deodatos was accused of actually killing the actors, he then had to track them down to prove his innocence =)

I know what you mean about not watching the film much. I originally purchased the EC edition when it was released a few years ago. Took me ages to get hold of the thing and I risked having it confiscated. After I watched it, I sold it on ebay because I was kind of ashamed of having it on my shelves :rolleyes:
And I've now bought it again :D , more for the whole package rather than just the film.

Last edited by stinking_dylan; 11-01-2006 at 04:55 AM.