Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 AM
HDC Idol

^^ I am so very excited to see Her! Maybe a date night next weekend with the Mr.

The Kings of Summer (2013)

Meh. Fairly average coming-of-age movie, and honestly not very believable. Two of the three male characters are really awful and the third is a strange alien thing that is over-the-top and not realistic. Both sets of parents are also either boring and/or unrealistic.

Didn't really like this.

I think of Stand By Me and how much that movie worked in terms of its realism, humor, and melancholy - And it just worked. Kings of Summer just didn't.

The Darjeeling Limited (2007)

One of my favorite movies ever and I think my favorite Wes Anderson. I get something new out of it every time I see it. And bawl my eyes out at the same time each viewing. Love this movie.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

X-Men - First Class

continuing my kid's run on marvel movies ...
I'll just say the same thing I do with all superhero movies .. it was fun.

There hasn't been one I haven't liked yet - I dig seeing the comics of my youth come to life onscreen, still remembering very clearly being at an age where I never thought the stuff we take for granted in movies now would ever be possible
Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Banned

Big Bad Wolves....by Israeli directors Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado.

excellent really dark comedy of sorts

reminded me of Prisoners but with a twisted sense of humor
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 AM
From The Beyond

Before Dawn (2012)

An ok little zombie film.Nothing amazing and fairly predictable. Was a bit too slow paced but made up for that with fast zombies when they do appear.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Under the Bed" 7/10

Decent boogeyman movie. The ending was kind of a letdown tho.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

My cure for the midwinter blues....Crank up the heat, make some hot chocolate with a dash of heavy cream and settle into bed with these babies:

Cold Prey (2007): Liked it a lot, though I had the ending figured out in the first five seconds.

Cassadaga (2011): Corny as hell, but the marionette scenes were acceptably grotesque.

A Field in England (2013): Again, I liked this one. I'm starting to develop a serious crush on Ben Wheatley as a director. Could there be a resurgence of English folk horror underway?

Texas Chainsaw (2013): A moderately enjoyable slasher that kept me distracted and entertained for an hour and a half.

Gosh, I'm on a weird streak of liking everything I see lately. Is it something in the hot chocolate?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:17 AM
HDC Idol

Cold Prey is great! One of the best modern slasher films for sure IMO - The sequel is pretty damn good too.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:52 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post

Cold Prey (2007): Liked it a lot, though I had the ending figured out in the first five seconds.

Cassadaga (2011): Corny as hell, but the marionette scenes were acceptably grotesque.

A Field in England (2013): Again, I liked this one. I'm starting to develop a serious crush on Ben Wheatley as a director. Could there be a resurgence of English folk horror underway?
Loved these especially A Field In England great stuff :)

Citadel (2012) This was quite good, portraying the hoodie horrors (feral children) as almost demonic entities, feeding off fear and there is a lot of that in the lead character. The settings are lovely and grim plus some brutal (though there's no gore which this film doesn't need) scenes make this worth a watch.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Evil Puppy

The Last Stand... I was in the mood for an action flick and this one was pretty damn entertaining. I've been wanting to see it for a while, Kim Jee-woon (Tale of Two Sisters/The Good, The Bad, and the Weird/I Saw the Devil) directing a very Western style action flick intrigued me. I've liked everything of his that I've seen so far.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Let Him Be

Small Canadian mocumentary about a guy who finds a tape in a garage sale video camera that shows footage of what he believes is John Lennon.

He then takes his girlfriend-partner on a road trip to find out if it's really Lennon, hiding out in a small town north of Toronto.

It was ok - not great - but an interesting idea - and the guy they found to play an aged John Lennon was dead perfect (so that was heavily milked)

Tags
movie