Old 08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
I'm gonna bump this since a few issues are out and I want to know people's thoughts...
Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
comic heros die and come back all the time, plus how many different offshoots of batman comics are there anyway?
batman already killed superman quite some time ago, which was pretty badass i might add.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Things are currently looking pretty bad for Bruce and DC seems to indicate that the character doesn't have long to live. He might come back or survive, but I think we are looking at a Tim Drake Batman, particularly because of something I read in one of the Teen Titans TPBs from a little while back. October's going to be crazy: http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=10341
And come on, it's Grant Morrison. I trust him too much for him to pull a Death of Superman type cop-out.

Last edited by Doc Faustus; 08-06-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

I'm getting the bad feeling this is going to be the end of The Joker. Though Kevin Smith is picking up writing duties for 3 issues after this arc and he said Joker would be included.

I don't think Bruce will die. Maybe just quit. No, they can't kill Bruce, they can't. I'm more scared that things might end for Dick or Joker.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Mephistophiliac

There's no reason to kill Dick, really, although Nightwing is kind of dull, and, as for the Joker, I think they'll keep him around.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
There's no reason to kill Dick, really, although Nightwing is kind of dull, and, as for the Joker, I think they'll keep him around.
But just with what's going on. He's locked up in Arkham with another patient's name. Just doesn't seem to promising for him.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

SPOILERS! Click if you dare!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, I just read that one (final crisis #6of7)
**Spoiler below**

So first they tried like a "trial" death to see how people would react...in which he was thought to be dead in a helicopter explosion, but really taken and held prisoner by some folks that wanted to make an army with reflective brainwaves...then they come up with this one, in which of course he looks truly dead.
However, this is my personal theory, still spoiler-ish:
The final crisis title has been so damn confusing that I've nearly ditched it alltogeter, they've bought (as always) different realities together and there's a bunch of characters I didn't even recognise. Thing is, in the scene where batman dies, and featured in the final crisis so far, the character he was taking on "at the end", Darkseid...looks completely different to anything he's ever looked before.
I know he supposedly sustained some kind of injury in the fight with the "God" type character he killed at the beginning, but to look just kind of similar but not alltogether exactly like the Darkseid I know, does seem a little weird.
I'm thinking that (they may not MAKE this the case) they could bring Batman back by either
a: Making him an alternative reality counterpart, eg - the real Batman has just got done escaping...nothing got explained as to how/why he was really involved in the FC storyline up until that point where he conveniently appeared)
b: As I said before...he's only just escaped and thought to be dead by the DC universe at large. Could be someone has decided to take up the mantle already, and that was them? Of course this would more than likely mean the death of another well established dc character.

Last edited by Phalanx; 01-16-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Mephistophiliac

I'm eager to see what Gaiman does with Whatever Happened to the Dark Knight? in February.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Hellraiser

even if they are gonna kill him off, they will eventually bring him back somehow/someway. they can't let a legend stay dead.