Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I read Cat Run however I do see what you guys mean, it was a more than unfortunate logo, so unfortunate in fact that I suspect it was done on purpose.

Now I do not want to bring up the argument in this thread as it is just so unnecessary, how can a friendly round of jokes over a bad taste poster lead to this. I will say however that as a bisexual woman I do take offense to the word faggot being used to diss someone. First off all faggot is offensive in an off itself, but more offensive is using saying you are gay as a way to insult someone, as if being gay is so bad it is good to use as an insult, that is disrespectful to the gay community.

Now I have never heard kiwi used about any person before, to my mind kiwi is a little green fruit, and a damned well tasting one at that. However racial slurs are seldom a good idea no matter how well meaning as they can easily insult people. Come on can we not just talk about our love of horror movies and be friends?
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
Now I have never heard kiwi used about any person before, to my mind kiwi is a little green fruit, and a damned well tasting one at that. However racial slurs are seldom a good idea no matter how well meaning as they can easily insult people. Come on can we not just talk about our love of horror movies and be friends?
Be careful treading through that peacemaking minefield. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes offence at your calling him a little green fruit, albeit a tasty one:D

Anyway, back on topic, did nobody else see 'cunt rat'? Perhaps I'm too suggestible. If he hadn't pointed it out I'd probably never have noticed anything rude in the poster.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Whip In My Valise

I'm not sure I would have seen either "c**t" or "c**t rat" if they hadn't been pointed out. Now that they have, that's all I see.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I can see how one could read the title wrong, but if it had not been pointed out I am not sure my mind would have gone in that direction. That being said, we have been talking allot on the movie poster, what is this movie about really?

Quote:
Be careful treading through that peacemaking minefield. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes offence at your calling him a little green fruit, albeit a tasty one
Everyone always shoots the peacemaker. :O :P
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Closed Thread