Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 09-08-2004, 02:24 AM
Hellraiser

Can We Have a Section For Trading?

I would really like to trade Dvdrs or vcds with the people on this forum. So can we start a seprate section for that?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:20 AM
That fucking Guy...

Allow me to give you the same answer you'll probably get from any of the moderation here.

If you're referring to pirated movies, the site puts itself at a legal liability if they allow this.
It's not going to happen.

As for a general "trading post" of sorts for OFFICIAL movies, merchandise, and other goods, I don't think THAT would be a problem.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Hellraiser

I think that should be fine. As i have noticed most music/movie sites have a trading forum, i was quite suprised at horror.com not having one .

3 cheers to the new trading forum!
Old 09-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Vengance is now!

Trading legal goods: Yes
Trading pirated stuff etc: Not a good idea.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Yes there should. There is one on funeral of hearts forums where people trade cds, art, shirts, stuff like that all the time
Old 09-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Re: Can We Have a Section For Trading?

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Banyan Tree
I would really like to trade Dvdrs or vcds with the people on this forum. So can we start a seprate section for that?
DVDr's and VCD's are obviously bootlegs ... whats the point if you want to steal movies just download them off the net theres no need to trade for them?

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 09-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Scares Little Kids

What about movies like bruce cambells within the woods- stuf like that you can't buy sanywhere?
Old 09-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Quote:
Originally posted by Steel
What about movies like bruce cambells within the woods- stuf like that you can't buy sanywhere?
... Well if you can't buy it legally that means it’s a bootleg, the site can't have a forum for illegal movie trading as they really on the movie industry and would be held liable!

... So like I said just download it, or by one of the many copies that comes up on eBay!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 09-14-2004, 12:54 AM
That fucking Guy...

ok, I figure we should just drop the pirate vs anti-pirate thing right now before it even begins...there's good arguments on either side.
But it's been done. Many, MANY times.

I think a trading "area" WOULD be a good idea, not just for movies, music and related merchandise, I'm talking about anything you guys/gals have in your basements...etc.
Movies, old tapes, old games, toys, art, anything.
If it's not official stuff you've got, you can't post it, as that would put the site at a legal liability, but yknow, there IS always private messages for that kind of stuff anyway, isn't there.
(I know what you're saying about the download availability an all cat, but some people are pc/net illiterate, have a slow connection, or simply don't want to waste their time d/l'ing everything.)
So yeah, the traging area COULD be a good way to ge rid of some of our old junk, and see who's got interesting stuff, just like scanning through eby for mixed lots....I'll message the moderation and get them to come in here and have their say...

- B
Old 09-14-2004, 01:45 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Here ya go, Cheeba

First and foremost...Horror, our illustrious site owner, will not create a separate forum for the sole purpose of 'trading' ANYTHING...

SO...What I suggest that you do, if you are interested in this sort of thing, is as Cheeba and Feral Cat have suggested...

Anything that you are looking for that you have trouble finding or obtaining: Check eBay

Anything 'questionable' that you wish to obtain: Try downloading from places such as Bit Torrent...Kazaa Lite...Aries...Bear Share and various other media downloading sites...However, I warn you that you will undoubtedly be inviting a veritable swarm of viruses, spyware, and other junk into your PC...So, do so at your own risk...Protect yourself from this with programs such as Ad-Aware...Avast...Norton...Etcetera...

Anything that you currently own and would like to trade 'legally' can be posted in a thread in THIS forum, or in the forum to which it pertains..ie: Post games for sale or trade in the 'Games Forum'...Post movies that you would like to sell or trade in the appropriate 'Movie Forum'-Modern, Classic, Independent, you get the idea...Art in the 'Art Forum', Toys and props in the 'Toys And Props Forum', etcetera...However you want to do it...I know that it sounds like a suckass idea, but it really is all that we have

If you attempt to post items to sell or trade in the 'General Forum', you are likely to (most definitely gonna) get flamed, and then have your thread moved to it's appropriate forum, anyway...

The best way to contact other members concerning the sell or trade of items that you have found in any forum, is to send a PM to the seller/trader in order to discuss barter, price, and shipping details...PLEASE do NOT post your address or ANY personal information on this or ANY forum on the internet...If you decide to do this (via PM ONLY), keep in mind that this, too is at your own risk...You have to determine for yourself whether the seller/buyer/trader is trustworthy

Horror.Com accepts absolutely NO liability or responsibility for ANY trading/selling transaction that may occur at this forum

So...To sum this all up...Post whatever you want to buy/trade/sell...In an appropriate forum (This one is acceptable for all items)...Complete all transactions DISCREETLY via PM...You must be willing to accept any and all risks pertaining to these transactions, as Horror.Com will not be held responsible

There ya go, Cheeba...That's the best I got;) :)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 09-14-2004 at 02:18 AM.