Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Teens Kill Friend - Lawyer Blames Sopranos

'Fantasy' becomes deadly
Defense says neither teen intended to kill

EVERETT -- When two Seattle teenagers attacked their friend with a hammer and knives and buried him in a pre-dug grave last summer, it was supposed to be a non-fatal "fantasy" act of intimidation, inspired by the TV show "The Sopranos," a defense lawyer told a jury yesterday.

"Neither boy expected the other one to follow through, other than, 'Bang! You're dead, you're in a grave,' " said Rachel Levy, the attorney representing 17-year-old Jenson Hankins.

But the threat turned deadly.

Prosecutors say Hankins and Joshua Goldman lured John Jasmer to the woods near Marysville on Aug. 21, 2003, beat, suffocated and stabbed him, then dumped the body in a grave they had dug the day before.

Jasmer, a 16-year-old student at Roosevelt High School, suffered blunt-force trauma to the head and 29 stab wounds, an autopsy would later show.

The case gained notoriety after an investigation showed that several students knew of the defendants' plot, but did not tell police or school officials. Two adults called the school after hearing about a death plot against a student, but the calls were never returned.

Hankins, who has pleaded not guilty, is charged with first-degree murder in Snohomish County Superior Court. Attorneys made their opening statements yesterday in the three-week trial.

Goldman, 18, who was also charged as an adult, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder two months ago and is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 9. He has agreed to testify against Hankins.

The most wrenching testimony yesterday came from Donna Jasmer, the victim's mother, when she described the three excruciating days between the time she reported her son missing and the time she learned of his killing.

When her son didn't come home, she said she called police, drove to his work, called his friends and posted fliers in her Queen Anne neighborhood. The entire time, Hankins appeared helpful -- giving her numbers of friends she could call.

"It was the only thing keeping me going," she said, crying. She had felt comforted by Hankins, who had befriended her son in an eighth-grade football camp and spent much time at her house, eating sandwiches and hamburgers she made for him.

"If anything would have happened to (Hankins), I would have been there. And I still would ...," she said, gazing affectionately at the defendant.

"I considered him one of my boys."

Jasmer said her son had been excited about playing football, starting a new school year as a junior and getting a better job at McDonald's.

But the last time she saw him, he was in a casket dressed in white, wearing his brother's shoes. His head was wrapped in his sister's scarf to hide the wounds.

Snohomish County prosecutor Ed Stemler said Hankins and Goldman began planning the killing soon after Hankins' then-girlfriend accused Jasmer of rape. Seattle police have said the girl recanted her story; no charges were ever filed against Jasmer.

Stemler said the teens lured Jasmer to the woods with a promise of finding cheap marijuana, before assaulting him.

"Bam! The defendant, Jenson Hankins, cracks John Jasmer in the back of the head with a hammer," Stemler told the jury.

Goldman then stabbed Jasmer, who had struggled mightily, the prosecutor said.

Before the murder, Stemler said, the defendants had discussed their plans with three fellow students. One of them didn't take the plot seriously. Another tried to talk them out of it. The defendants discussed alibis, murder weapons and ways to incapacitate Jasmer, who was tough and athletic, Stemler said. They even went to the University of Washington in hopes of finding chloroform at a lab.

But Levy, Hankins' attorney, said the plot had only been a "kind of catharsis" that the teens had no intention of actually carrying out. She said Hankins' girlfriend had been "the love of his life" and that he was "beside himself" when he learned of her rape allegation.

She said Jasmer was pressuring Hankins to choose loyalty to him over his girlfriend. The plot, Levy said, was a "fantasy" way of getting Jasmer to back off.

Levy said the late-night beating was fueled by drugs and alcohol and --when things went awry -- panic.

Police arrested the teens after a student told her psychiatrist that she knew of the killing. The psychiatrist then called police, and Goldman led detectives to Jasmer's body.

If convicted of first-degree murder, Hankins faces a minimum of 22 years in prison

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 11-02-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
UGH...ANOTHER example of the inability to accept personal responsibility, and blame anyone, anything, everyone, everything but the actual perpetrator.....

You guys already know, by now, how I feel about this shit, so I'm just gonna stop now before I REALLY go off...I have posted MORE than enough rants about this fucking bullshit......*Leaves thread in utter disqust*...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 11-02-2004, 07:47 PM
Evil Dead

Talking at least...

glad someone is facing more time than i am. although id didn't kill anyone. i am in trouble.

PEOPLE: if you want to kill someone, move to norway! 7 year maximum sentence!!!!!!

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 11-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
damn it that pisses me the hell off these dumbfucks need to realize they need to stop blaiming tv for what there doing wrong and take responsabllity forthere actions :mad: ......pisses me the fuck off.............
Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 AM
My fucking sunblock blows

The Sopranos..........hhhhmmmm :rolleyes:

Hey Paulie, What are we gonna do with this fucking hump now that we cracked his fucking melon with a hammer and stabbed his lame ass 29 times?????

Geesus fucking christ Chris'ie, do I have to fucking think of everything? Roll that fucking human pin cushion in that hole over there and lets get the fuck outta here!!!!!!

Yeah great idea Paulie. Fuck this fucking jerk off!!!!!!! Lets head back to the 'Bing and pick up T and Syl and go to Arties for some chow. I'm fucking starving here!!!!

Heh heh heh....great idea Chrissie....I heard the gravy is good this week, and after we can all get some broads and get our joints worked!!!!!!!!!

Fucking great idea Paulie, lets go!!!!

Lets go kid....................and you're buying heh heh heh

FUCK YOU PAULIE!!!!!!!! I"M ALWAYS FUCKING BUYING!!!!!!!

* Sopranos fucking Rule!!!!!!! :D

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Last edited by DraculaInDallas; 11-03-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DraculaInDallas
The Sopranos..........hhhhmmmm :rolleyes:

Hey Paulie, What are we gonna do with this fucking hump now that we cracked his fucking melon and stabbed his lame ass 29 times?????

Geesus fucking christ Chris'ie, do I have to fucking think of everything? Roll that fucking human pin cushion in that hole over there and lets get the fuck outta here!!!!!!

Yeah great idea Paulie. Fuck this fucking jerk off!!!!!!! Lets head back to the 'Bing and pick up T and Syl and go to Arties for some chow. I'm fucking starving here!!!!

Heh heh heh....great idea Chrissie....I heard the gravy is good this week, and after we can all get some broads and get our joints worked!!!!!!!!!

Fucking great idea Paulie, let go!!!!

Lets go kid....................and you're buying heh heh heh

FUCK YOU PAULIE!!!!!!!! I"M ALWAYS FUCKING BUYING!!!!!!!

* Sopranos fucking Rule!!!!!!! :D
LMFAO!!!! you are now the king of the sopranos:D
Old 11-03-2004, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dantehorrorfan
LMFAO!!!! you are now the king of the sopranos:D
Thanks Dante.....It's good to be King!!!!

And here's me with my Queen ;) :D

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Old 11-03-2004, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DraculaInDallas
Thanks Dante.....It's good to be King!!!!

And here's me with my Queen ;) :D
your queen is hott as a mofo
Old 11-03-2004, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dantehorrorfan
your queen is hott as a mofo
damn didnt mean to post it twice:mad:
Old 11-03-2004, 12:24 AM

Quote: