Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Is he going to arrange it so we have a new admin as well as new mods?
He didn't say anything about that, but I'll send him another message.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 AM
She's under the stairs

You remind me of the mod! What Mod ? The mod with power ! What Power? The power of voodoo ! Who do? You do, remind me of the mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
You remind me of the mod! What Mod ? The mod with power ! What Power? The power of voodoo ! Who do? You do, remind me of the mod!

You're gay.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Immortal horror fan

Perhaps someone here can answer this question without me having to create a thread or search for a forum contact.

Did something happen to this forum where a lot of people stopped posting or perhaps moved to other horror forum? I ask because I see a lot of members with tons of posts. But I check in here every other day or so and there are only a few pages of active threads.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Perhaps someone here can answer this question without me having to create a thread or search for a forum contact.

Did something happen to this forum where a lot of people stopped posting or perhaps moved to other horror forum? I ask because I see a lot of members with tons of posts. But I check in here every other day or so and there are only a few pages of active threads.
I joined this forum in 2005, and back then it was pretty much booming. There were lots of active members and lots of active threads, tournaments, lists being created, and so on. However, after about 2008 or so, it just went more on the decline. We had a couple periods with lots of shit-stirring new members that gunked stuff up and made a lot of great members leave. Some regulars just got busy with other stuff. Finally, we had all the recent drama which caused V, certainly the hardest-working HDC member ever, and NE to leave. So hopefully the rest of us can pull this place back up and into a thriving community once again. We shall see.

Last edited by fortunato; 03-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
I joined this forum in 2005, and back then it was pretty much booming. There were lots of active members and lots of active threads, tournaments, lists being created, and so on. However, after about 2008 or so, it just went more on the decline.

I blame the financial crisis.

Damn you, Wallstreet. Damn you to hell!! :mad:
Old 03-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned

This place was at one time like a chat-room. Any time of the day you could log on and converse in real time with a number of people. Then they came...the assholes or as I like to call them...The Sistinas. They couldn't stand to see people getting along and enjoying themselves because their lives are so pathetic and they have NO friends in the flesh and blood life. So they hide behind their computers and stir up the shit.

So many decided that they didn't need the drama and left for greener pastures [ facebook ].

I also made a special facebook account so I could keep in touch with the HDC folk in my life. It's working out pretty good but I would still like to see this forum come back to life. It's only a small movement of my finger and presto...I'm on HDC.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
This place was at one time like a chat-room. Any time of the day you could log on and converse in real time with a number of people. Then they came...the assholes or as I like to call them...The Sistinas. They couldn't stand to see people getting along and enjoying themselves because their lives are so pathetic and they have NO friends in the flesh and blood life. So they hide behind their computers and stir up the shit.

So many decided that they didn't need the drama and left for greener pastures [ facebook ].

I also made a special facebook account so I could keep in touch with the HDC folk in my life. It's working out pretty good but I would still like to see this forum come back to life. It's only a small movement of my finger and presto...I'm on HDC.
Yep, that's how it was. I'm really hoping we can bring this place back to that. I would love to feel the sense of community that I felt here back then.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Yep, that's how it was. I'm really hoping we can bring this place back to that.
We need the food/drink/recipe thread back.
We need a "top 10 of every gaming console/generation" thread.
This or That was always good fun.
...Those are some good communal threads that encourage regular EASY participation & convo, they're interesting, funny, and informative.

I also feel we should create and put in some legwork into a "where are they now?" thread in regards to our former/absent members - between all of us we should have some idea of how to contact at least SOME of them, and hey, might entice a return in some cases.

I'd like to see the chatroom back too, if it could be maintained.

Though really, even though people have "fled" there to avoid bullshit here, I really do blame the rise of facebook popularity for forum decline.
Not just this forum either.
Hm, maybe a "Post your status if you really must" thread and links to some dodgy, barely interactive games would help? :D
Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
We need the food/drink/recipe thread back.
We need a "top 10 of every gaming console/generation" thread.
This or That was always good fun.
...Those are some good communal threads that encourage regular EASY participation & convo, they're interesting, funny, and informative.

I also feel we should create and put in some legwork into a "where are they now?" thread in regards to our former/absent members - between all of us we should have some idea of how to contact at least SOME of them, and hey, might entice a return in some cases.

I'd like to see the chatroom back too, if it could be maintained.

Though really, even though people have "fled" there to avoid bullshit here, I really do blame the rise of facebook popularity for forum decline.
Not just this forum either.
Hm, maybe a "Post your status if you really must" thread and links to some dodgy, barely interactive games would help? :D

And there you have it. Cheebs for Mod.

All good and well-thought ideas.

Cheers