Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Evil Dead

Will there ever be an actual "scary" movie

Do you guys actually think there will ever be a movie that literally scares the living shit out of you. Don't get me wrong there will be a movie here and there that will spook me out a little bit but never scare the shit outa me too the point where I'm having nightmares and scared to walk in the dark. I've just been getting very annoyed lately. What I am doing in July is going on a road trip with my friends to a supposedly haunted insane asylum. I for one beleive in paranormal activity so I'm looking forward to it because Ive always wanted to see a spirit of some kind. Anyways just wondering if you guys think someone will one day shock the world with a freaky ass movie.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Tenant

No. They're just movies.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Evil Dead

I don't know....the only actually scary movies I have ever seen that were freaky (at least the first time viewing) were:
  • Alien
  • The Omen
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
  • The Exorcist

It seems in te last 15 yrs or so, that being scary isn't exactly a priority with scary movies.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Salems Lot" for me.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Evil Dead

exorcist, ju on and blair witch
Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Groovy

Ju-on, Blair Witch.

Alien (when I saw it I was 11, but even 25 years on it's still a good scare)
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Evil Dead

Original Night of the Living Dead. I sense something new and terrifying will come soon. There has been too much bad new horror for way too long. Something new and wonderful is surely brewing. Trust me, it is coming...
Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Groovy

Forgot to mention... An Inconvenient Truth

Not a horror, but it will scare the shit out of you. It did me. It's Al Gore's lecture on climate change. Holy crap!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
On a similar note, the Paradise Lost documentaries. Zombies and serial killers can be a little scary, but those documentaries are fucking terrifying, because it shows what kind of people are out there. That shit could happen to any one of us.

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 02-27-2007, 03:00 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Do you guys actually think there will ever be a movie that literally scares the living shit out of you. Don't get me wrong there will be a movie here and there that will spook me out a little bit but never scare the shit outa me too the point where I'm having nightmares and scared to walk in the dark. I've just been getting very annoyed lately. What I am doing in July is going on a road trip with my friends to a supposedly haunted insane asylum. I for one beleive in paranormal activity so I'm looking forward to it because Ive always wanted to see a spirit of some kind. Anyways just wondering if you guys think someone will one day shock the world with a freaky ass movie.
What you're asking is if you'll ever regain your innocence, be restored to a childlike state in which you believe what you see on the screen. And the answer is, of course, no because Experience is the opposite of Innocence

Why do you think horror movies do so well with pre-teens and teens? They haven't seen it all yet. Many of them still live rather coddled and protected lives. Adulthood and the horror of the real world tends to dull our reaction to horror.

But we keep chasing that thrill. That's the fun of it all.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon