Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 11-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Little Boo

Sound very similar. Although an American Horror film with two A listers.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 AM
Little Boo

Lunaticsamurai, thanks for replying. That's not the one, although its a great movie nonetheless :)

best regards,
- dink (derek)
Old 11-03-2013, 04:47 AM
For Vendetta

Naboer (aka) Next Door (2005).

Wonderful film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453383/

Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 AM
That fucking Guy...

Identify this Movie

I know there's a thread but I couldn't find it, didn't really look....mods feel free to move this...

Anyways, I think I may have asked about it before. Perhaps in here or elsewhere, but my search didn't yield any results.
It's kind've annoying me so I'll give it another shot.

Ok.

It's definitely a late 80's to early 90's film.
It would be under...hm...fantasy/adventure/comedy.
The setting was modern, it was a US made film.

I thought it was called "sub-something", maybe "under-something"

The main character in the movie was a guy that was maybe in his late teens.
The secondary character was a creature, walked somewhat upright but wasn't really humanoid - it was quite scruffy/hairy from what I can recall.
In my mind, it may have looked something like those things from the second Bill&Ted movie. Maybe.

The creature came from some kind of city/place that was underground.
I have a feeling that the movie actually had the same name as this place or whatever they referred to it as.

I think it was either trapped in the human world or something was wrong with its own.

I remember it being fascinated with shoes or shoelaces? Took the main characters shoe/s multiple times.
It may have "stolen" a few other things too.

I remember a scene at a police station.

I remember the poster/cover for this film had the main character leaning back to back with the creature - reminiscent of the cover of "little monsters" but with the human being taller than the creature.

...and that's it.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Misanthrope

Sounds like Upworld to me. Effects wiz Stan Winston is the director.

It's titled A Gnome Named Gnorm most places.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109912/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt
Old 11-08-2013, 03:20 PM
That fucking Guy...

Fuckin' hell, there you go...

I had the name mixed up, Now I remember "Upworld" was what the creature called earth right?

Ha, now I'm gonna download it.

Now that I've imdb'd it, I see the creature looks more like something from Dark Crystal.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Misanthrope

Yeah I'm gonna have to give it a download now that you reminded me off it. It coped a lot of shit back in the day but I remember diggin' it.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Little Boo

Trying to remember a movie

Okay sci-fi horror fans, I need your help. I'm looking for a movie that has a really disturbing scene that I saw as a kid and I don't know the title of the film. Basically a bad guy in a space station gets stuck in a laser cutting machine during a fight scene and it cuts his head off across his mouth. It was really gory, and I remember the bad guy getting up immediately. It was on daytime cable, one of the late 80's pay per view like CVA or First Choice.

Oh, on another note, you do not find out that it was an alien hiding as a human until the laser beam cuts the person's head off, whereupon it gets up immediately.

Edit: Twas Nightflyers. What I remembered and how the movie actually looks...yeesh! xD

Last edited by duo21; 11-10-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Found the movie
Old 11-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Boogedy! Boogedy! Boo!

What is this movie?

Can anyone help me find what this movie is that I have been looking for, for a while now and I can't seem to find out what it is anywhere on the internet... It's a movie from the mid-current 2000's. I really want to say 2008-2011ish... I saw a movie trailer for this horror movie a few times on tv (at the time) and I wanted to see it in the theater but never did and now I don't remember the name of the movie and cannot find it at all... it's as if it doesn't exist lol... mind you my memory is of only one very creepy part from the trailer so that might not help a lot.

NOW... All I remember from the movie trailer is a part where I believe a young woman was being chased through a house or down a hallway (at some point in the trailer) by a pale, naked, grandpa type creature who's body was all twisted and he was crawling after her pretty fast upside down... meaning his chest and stomach were facing towards the ceiling but his head was completely twisted around and facing forward so his chin would be lined up with his back. His arms and legs also twisted into a position of disgust too I believe, lol. Then after a few cuts in the trailer the woman runs/crawls up the stairs of the house a little ways and perhaps falls (I don't really remember) and then the grandpa creature crawls up after her and roars at her like a horror like him would be expected to - I think. Also I think the grandpa guy started out like a normal person in the trailer and then went nutz at the girl and twisted into this creature thing and gave chase... that's all I remember but it was very creepy and made me want to see the movie

I'm sorry that I have no more info but this is all I remember and it might not be totally right... And I swear to god the movie had a title similar to "Slither" or like a one word movie title because I remember the announcer saying it as one word but I could be completely wrong. Also it is not Slither, I have seen that movie ;)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: More Information... The creature in the movie I'm looking for looked very similar to this

However this not the movie I seek. This is the creature from the movie "Xtro" but the creature that I remember in the trailer of the newer movie that I'm looking for is very similar to the look of the Xtro creature from my memory... The naked grandpa creatures body was twisted around in this same form

Last edited by Mr. Boogedy; 11-14-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Little Boo

Question What is this movie? I must know!

Hey horror fans, I beg you for your help. I have a vivid, almost hallucinatory memory of a particular scene from a horror movie. It was on TV and I saw it when I was a kid. It's burned into my memory. I can't figure out how to find out what the movie was!

Here's the scene: A man is drinking from a bottle, I believe a bottle of liquor. There is a small creature in the bottle, almost like a tadpole. Just as he's about to swallow it, it opens its eyes! He's so focused on chugging back the liquid that he doesn't notice the creature and swallows it.

Another scene that's haunted me, I believe from a different movie: A boy has to stay awake and guard his closet or a creature will come out and kill someone (his parents?). He's sitting there with a baseball bat, staring at the closet door. He nods off for a second and the creature appears: it's like a large, terrifying looking man with exposed flesh. The boy begs it not to hurt anyone but it says that it must.

Very creepy scenes, right? What are the movies? Someone must know!

Thanks

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods