Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Living Dead

I know the ending to Evil Dead II was a lead up to Army of Darkness but I didn't care too much for it......
Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHA - TOTALLY agree about The Mist. I found the end actually kinda laughable... WE HAVE BEEN ON THE ROAD FOR TWO MINUTES THERE IS NO OTHER WAY... Have you read the novella? It was really really good. After reading the story, the movie just sucks even more.

Agree absolutely with Devil Inside, and a lot of reviewers were saying that as well - Just started to pick up and get awesome aaaaaaaaand - Guess they ran out of money?
I did read the novella, actually before i saw the movie and i actually really liked that ending. I wish they had gone with that.

About The Devil Inside, either they ran out of money or didn't know what they were doing. Proabably both.

Quote:
The Deaths of Ian Stone: Man, here's one that was 2/3 phenomenal and 1/3 awful - The end was just so so silly - It's a shame because it could have been fantastic. All I could think of was Ghost of Fabio Fighting for the Right
Totally agreed. That movie was nothing like what i thought it was going to be and just got ridiculous at the end.

Quote:
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Yep. Super-intelligent lifeforms that can travel across the galaxy visited a planet that's 80% made up of a substance that's deadly to them? Brilliant.

Swing away...
This may just be blind defense of that movie but i always saw it as this. The aliens are weak against water and they are capturing humans who are mostly comprised of water so i saw it as they were capturing them so they could study them and try and beat their weakness. However this was never said in the movie so it's really just me making excuses but the movie wasn't really about the aliens anyway.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Wait what was [SPOILER] all in her head [/SPOILER]? I like High/Haute Tension right up to that car chase scene. Is that the part you are talking about in the spoiler? It could have been shown far more clearly by the director if that is what's happening. I watched it a few times because I couldn't believe the twist.
Yeah, the car chase scene is probably the easiest detail to pick apart once the twist is known. If you give in to the fact that many of the events in the movie are [SPOILER]from the perspective of someone who is schizophrenic and delusional[/SPOILER], then IMO, it's all acceptable. Personally, I don't mind that Aja didn't spell that out completely, leaving it up to interpretation, and to me, it's not a far-fetched conclusion to draw.

However, I do completely agree with those who say the twist was totally unnecessary. The movie was great without it, and could easily stand alone as a well executed and memorable human atrocity / slasher movie. All I'm saying is that I'm okay with the twist and it didn't ruin it for me.

RE: Signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
This may just be blind defense of that movie but i always saw it as this. The aliens are weak against water and they are capturing humans who are mostly comprised of water so i saw it as they were capturing them so they could study them and try and beat their weakness. However this was never said in the movie so it's really just me making excuses but the movie wasn't really about the aliens anyway.
I'm glad you have that take on it because other than the water detail, the movie was brilliant -- one of my favorites. I'm willing to accept any plausible explanation for the water "flaw." I've always just been good enough with: The aliens are technologically advanced and physically strong and agile, and believe they can mitigate the risk enough to succeed on their mission. If humans were to "invade" Jupiter, we would need to mitigate the risk against poisonous gasses and deadly temperatures, but that wouldn't stop us from trying.

[edit: added]
Oh, and I should also mention that the actual final ending to the movie, IMO was totally awesome. Assuming everyone's already seen it (*** SPOILERS ***) -- the fact that the aliens had already "won," that the now-faithless father, still reeling from losing his wife, was about to lose his child, and that the the boy's weakness, his asthma, actually saved him -- a coincidence too perfect not be divinely designed -- giving the father back his faith... Beautiful.
[/edit]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rela1024 View Post
I know the ending to Evil Dead II was a lead up to Army of Darkness but I didn't care too much for it......
Blasphemy. :)

Last edited by Giganticface; 02-16-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Adding thoughts, avoiding back-to-back posts
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Evil Dead

The Village- no need for explanation.
Hide and Seek- it was a decent film mostly because of Fanning and DeNiro but I was disappointed at the end.
The Uninvited (09)- the big "twist" was obviously given to us...
Slaughterhouse (09)- AfterDark Horror Fest film- I wasn't expecting much, but it was bearable until it went past the part it should have ended at. Then it tried to be a whole lot of different genres before it finally ended about five times after I thought it should have.
Wicker Man (06)- horrible film all around.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
RE: Signs

I'm glad you have that take on it because other than the water detail, the movie was brilliant -- one of my favorites. I'm willing to accept any plausible explanation for the water "flaw." I've always just been good enough with: The aliens are technologically advanced and physically strong and agile, and believe they can mitigate the risk enough to succeed on their mission. If humans were to "invade" Jupiter, we would need to mitigate the risk against poisonous gasses and deadly temperatures, but that wouldn't stop us from trying.

[edit: added]
Oh, and I should also mention that the actual final ending to the movie, IMO was totally awesome. Assuming everyone's already seen it (*** SPOILERS ***) -- the fact that the aliens had already "won," that the now-faithless father, still reeling from losing his wife, was about to lose his child, and that the the boy's weakness, his asthma, actually saved him -- a coincidence too perfect not be divinely designed -- giving the father back his faith... Beautiful.
[/edit]

Blasphemy. :)
I'm glad someone agrees with me. It seems like everyone just likes to trash the movie because of the water thing. I love that movie and i actually really like the water weakness and don't see it as a flaw. I also loved the asthma part. That with the water and the brother's circumstances all coming together to save them to me was an amazing ending.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
The Boogeyman

I thought Signs was a great movie but yeah if you really think about it the ending was kinda weak about the whole water and swing away. Kinda brought two different genera of horror together, the warning dead mother and aliens. I think the asthma part and the connection you felt for the kid kinda overpowered the lameness of the water. Kinda like a reference to world at war when they die of normal bacteria i guess.

Insidious ending didn't really suck, just the last 40 mins got real cheesy.

I thought the uninvited ending just sucked because the girl was just crazy and nothing really else. Kinda like really? you could of thrown in some more meaning into it.

Hellraiser very last 10 seconds also was kinda like ummm.....why the skeleton dragon? what does that have to do with anything.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM
whatever gets you through

I kind of liked the bizarro ending of insidious - at least it owned its weirdness!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Evil Dead

Brake as one the worst ending, I found the most the really good but the twist kills the movie, it felt like the movie was point less and then make the twist but nail in the coffin.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM
whatever gets you through

what do people think of High Tension? I loved the ending but know many folks hated it precisely because of the ending.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
BOOGEYMAN'S BACK !!!

HAUTE TENSION/ HIGH TENSION. YEAH, I have to agree, some gore in it I love for sure. The end made me feel like I wasted my time, so I'm one of those zero just mentioned.

But I have wasted my time on many other movies as well, and if you make it through my script you might change your opinion, on the worst ending depending if you want the halloween series to continue or not, I leave three places for it to end in my script one of them can end it forever, which I kind of like. :eek: :p

First two lines that should come out of your mouth towards your lady, after a long day at work ! :eek:
JK :p
I ain't afraid of NO GHOST! OK, maybe just a little!

Last edited by H3orH3D_Script4U; 02-22-2013 at 05:18 PM.