Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2013, 06:40 PM
mostly ghostly?

Definitely throwing in on the ending for Insidious. Yikes.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM
HDC Idol

The ending of Identity was pretty poor (then again it wasn't that great a movie; all I can remember was how bad the ending was, so that's not a good sign).

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM
The Boogeyman

I actually like the ending of The Mist, not because it was a great ending but the irony of it.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Horror Fan

Prometheus (not the final 10 seconds, which were quite good, but the plot resolution).

Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Pik View Post
I actually like the ending of The Mist, not because it was a great ending but the irony of it.
I liked it too, but it really pissed me off. I thought they made the decision way too early, but the ending was definitely effective.

Another thing that bugs the crap out of me is when someone kills one of their friends because the friend snuck up on them while they were in the middle of a fight. This happened in the Descent, and I thought it was acceptable because it's dark, the space is limited, everything is confusing when mutant humanoids are attacking you. But it happened in some other movie I saw recently (can't remember which) and I was like, seriously??? Don't sneak up on him while he's in the middle of a knife fight (or whatever it was)!!!! Ugh. It's such a cheap emotional effect.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Evil Dead

I disagree about the ending of The Mist. David drove until he ran out of gas and, if my memory serves me correctly, the scene kind of faded in and out to represent a passing of uneventful time. I am sure that the different scenarios had played out in his mind, and when he broke down and heard the ominous noises approaching, of course death seemed inevitable... When he was finally faced with that horrible decision, I believe acting fast was the only way he could have actually gone through with it. So I loved it. I thought it was brave and well-done. It's one of my favorite endings. To each their own. :)

My pick? Signs. The water thing made absolutely no sense, the resolution was anti-climactic, and no one got hurt. I was extremely disappointed and still rant about the synopsis on the back of my copy (bought without watching, of course) calling it the family's "terrifying last moments of life". Gag.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 AM
Little Boo

I love the ending of The Mist. Whilst I can completely see why many people would view this as a rushed decision, I never thought of it that way.
Those final scenes work so well to me, with the harrowingly beautiful Dead Can Dance song in the soundtrack only emphasising the feeling of utter hopelessness.

They have run out of gas and have seen something in particular that would lead me to think I was out of luck.
After all they'd been through, I can totally see why he made the decision he did, thinking it was the best of two possibilites.

Personally, one of my favourite endings of all time. Bleak.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaGirl View Post
My pick? Signs. The water thing made absolutely no sense, the resolution was anti-climactic, and no one got hurt. I was extremely disappointed and still rant about the synopsis on the back of my copy (bought without watching, of course) calling it the family's "terrifying last moments of life". Gag.
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Yep. Super-intelligent lifeforms that can travel across the galaxy visited a planet that's 80% made up of a substance that's deadly to them? Brilliant.

Swing away...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
That was my original reaction, but after giving in to the idea that [SPOILER] it was all in her head [/SPOILER], I was able to justify pretty much everything, and still say I loved what was a pretty intense movie. I'd like to watch it again now that I know the ending.
Wait what was [SPOILER] all in her head [/SPOILER]? I like High/Haute Tension right up to that car chase scene. Is that the part you are talking about in the spoiler? It could have been shown far more clearly by the director if that is what's happening. I watched it a few times because I couldn't believe the twist.

Friday the 13th (2009) - I hated the movie when the cute girl got the knife to the back. And I really didn't care about the movie at that point. But the ending is horrible. I guess it's supposed to be a dream sequence. But really?! They decide to take the body of this huge and heavy killer. The person that killed a cop and all these kids. The guy who was almost unstoppable and who is now chained up. They actually untie him and drag him to the lake? They don't run to the cops and say here's the guy responsible for all this and he has underground tunnels at the camp. It's crazy. I'm surprised that the guy from Supernatural didn't call the writer and director on it. But then, Supernatural sucks now so I guess that explains that.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Little Boo

I gotta say The Devil Inside had a terrible ending.

Also, The Hills Run Red had a pretty bad ending. Not really sure why they chose to end it that way.

AND my graphics page:
www.facebook.com/fierrographics