Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Fear scented candle

Thanks for all the info so far :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I've spent a lot of time in Raleigh. It's really mellow, but the presence of the Universities makes for a vital music and arts scene. It is a surprisingly cosmopolitan city for its size.

There is also a great deal of television and film production going down in N.C. It isn't a bad place to try to get something going.

I'd say go for it. Move. Change is good...actually it's great. Go for it.
This never even occured to me :) VERY good news.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
If it's anything like South Carolina, then I hope you like country music because that was pretty much all they had on the radio all day long.
That's funny you mention that. Same is true here in Mississippi. One of my first and least pleasant memories about moving hear was encountering the blatantly racist comments some of the radio DJs would make. I was so shocked the first time it happened that I nearly ran my car off the road. I guess the FCC doesn't monitor hick radio in these parts.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:56 AM
Evil Dead

Wink The Amenities of the NCAA!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, and since this is an old thread (original post date), I'm sure the author has seen/read numerous posts about the fanfare/thrill of the NCAAB team the North Carolina Tar Heels, a truly storied franchise.

However, I've been thinking of moving to South Carolina, and I'm actually a huge Duke Blue Devils fan, and as we know, the Tar Heels' #1 rival is Duke.

They've faced off countless times and produced countless forms of human/athletic drama, whether it be during the regular season, ACC tourney, or NCAA tourney.

If you live in North Carolina, you must think about the magic of Tar Heels legends like Rasheed Wallace (an incredible collegiate power-forward who helped his team reach the Final Four in 1995) and complementary 'foils/rivals' like Duke's Michael Dunleavy (a really gifted small forward who effectively positioned Duke to seal the national title in 2001).

In other words, if you're a North Carolina resident, you're probably thinking about the TV-magic of a great Tar Heel or rival Blue Devil. Just ask a former North Carolina visiting/resident athlete such as Wallace or Dunleavy, man!

Live long and prosper...

====

WALLACE: I'm glad I live in North Carolina.
DUNLEAVY: Yes, that's the plus of being a Tar Heel.
WALLACE: The rivalry between the Tar Heels and Blue Devils is great.
DUNLEAVY: It's really symbolic of American pride in collegiate sports!
WALLACE: People move to North Carolina just to enjoy that...
DUNLEAVY: I don't doubt it.
WALLACE: Hail to North Carolina cable-TV...

====

Attached Images
File Type: jpg duke31.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Abishai100; 01-23-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Scholar

I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. If you come down here, I'll show you around.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't know that this was risen from the grave by a necromancer to by a Duke Fan. UNC All the way!

Last edited by Chevalier; 01-24-2019 at 10:28 AM.