Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Tonight's the nght.

I really want this. Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe (box-set)

They've become one of my favorite bands.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

what is that symbol? looks like a sun.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody_ribcut View Post
what is that symbol? looks like a sun.
That's the album artwork. A circle with allot of lines running through it. Pretty cool huh?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Misanthrope

That set looks pretty impressive Dante! I never really listened to a hell of a lot of those guys I'll have to check some out. My girlfriend is a big fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
Interestin'....If someone told me this I probably don't pay atention, but isn't Use your Illusion too "comercial" for you dude?
Nope. I listen to a bunch of "mainstream" rock stuff like this from time to time. GN'R are a bit overplayed for me but I like to listen to 'em every now and then especially Use Your Illusion I for the Duff McKagen tunes.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Misanthrope

7":

VANILLA FUDGE - Some Velvet Morning / People :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
ZAGER & EVANS - In The Year 2525 / Little Kids
ARTHUR BROWN - Fire / I Put A Spell On You
GEORGIE FAME & THE BLUE FLAMES - Yeh Yeh / Get Away
THE MOVE - Night Of Fear / The Disturbance
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM
EVIL CON CARNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
That set looks pretty impressive Dante! I never really listened to a hell of a lot of those guys I'll have to check some out. My girlfriend is a big fan.

Nope. I listen to a bunch of "mainstream" rock stuff like this from time to time. GN'R are a bit overplayed for me but I like to listen to 'em every now and then especially Use Your Illusion I for the Duff McKagen tunes.
Hey I allways think that the only gunners with real attitude were Izzy and Duff.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Singer View Post
Hey I allways think that the only gunners with real attitude were Izzy and Duff.
Totally they both got the 70s NY punked out rock n' roll thing down.... Dead Boys as fuck! Duff is a really talented musician crazy how GN'R was like his 10th band or something :cool: Dust n' Bones is a really overlooked tune and easily one of my favorite tunes by those cats.

I used to really like his first solo album have to grab it and give it another spin and see how it holds up. Briefly heard Izzy's solo stuff so don't remember to much about it...

Whatever happened to Izzy? Seems like he kinda burnt himself out.

You heard Adler's Appetite? I was wondering what that'd be like. Sounds like a bit of a glam rock trainwreck :p
Old 06-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Yeah, they're great! Check them out. My favorite song by them right now is John The Revelator released on the Playing the angel album. They're amazing live, so much damn energy. Here's them playing Personal Jesus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNrbiZoKQLU

Hope you enjoy.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Misanthrope

12" Single:
METALLICA - Creeping Death

Pretty happy with that one. It was cheap and I expected it to be beat up but it arrived and was near mint :cool:
Old 06-03-2009, 10:46 AM
EVIL CON CARNE

Quote:
Totally they both got the 70s NY punked out rock n' roll thing down.... Dead Boys as fuck! Duff is a really talented musician crazy how GN'R was like his 10th band or something :cool: Dust n' Bones is a really overlooked tune and easily one of my favorite tunes by those cats.

I used to really like his first solo album have to grab it and give it another spin and see how it holds up. Briefly heard Izzy's solo stuff so don't remember to much about it...

Whatever happened to Izzy? Seems like he kinda burnt himself out.

You heard Adler's Appetite? I was wondering what that'd be like. Sounds like a bit of a glam rock trainwreck :p
I think that the album that Duff did with Neurotic Outsiders was great, pure fun and more punk than the Spaggetti incident. Even the first album of Loaded rocks!

Izzy, yep he gets burnt, and its sad: the first album with the Ju Ju hounds was great (mix the faces with something from NY dolls and that's it). The cover of preasure drop was great, better than the clash cover. But now he just want to sell his solo albums on itunes and make some tours on Japan...the only think good it's that he reject the offer to became a member of Velvet Revolver (what a fake band)
I can't listen to Adler's apetite, 'cause is very har d to remember that Stevo was part of GnR and now is just a ....well a shadow of hisself.